Bellator 208: Fedor vs Sonnen 10/13, 6:30 PM ET Prelims/9 PM ET Main Card PBP Discussion Thread

If I recall, he had a seat belt grip. There is a move where you roll over one of your shoulders and take your opponent with you, getting his back. Maybe that was his thought.

He looked like a blue belt today. Super weird
Looked like a white belt. X__X lol

Huh? Can you explain why he didn't want to use the best ground and pound in the game on a guy whose worst position is on in his back?

To conserve energy. Chael is not skilled in the standup,. Fedor was overwhelming him from the beginning of the fight with standing strikes. Why waste energy trying to wiggle and find space to do the ground and pound until Chael was softened up?

To conserve energy. Chael is not skilled in the standup,. Fedor was overwhelming him from the beginning of the fight with standing strikes. Why waste energy trying to wiggle and find space to do the ground and pound until Chael was softened up?
I agree with everything you said, but I think he could've ended the fight like he ultimately did anytime after the knockdown. I feel like, as awful as Chael's striking is, it was an unnecessary risk to keep letting him back up. Fedor' s chin is pretty shaky theses days. Anyways, I don't wanna argue. Let's just bask in Fedor's glory.

Wanted to see Fedor go for a submission when in side there.. GOAT Fedor of 10-15 years ago arm-bars the guy right there 10/10.. even a power kimura; it was all there.

i am pretty sure he was more than happy to just pound his head in..

lol

DAM, was building a computer. Just came back online and saw the results.

SONNEN got RAP3D!!!!!

What what he trying to do?
Wow that is one epic fail. Did he think he had a gi on? Shouldnt fighters get calmer and wiser as they age? Shouldnt the game slow down instead of speed up?

Another Scott Coker produced lame ass uncompetitive Bellator Heavyweight FARCE of a Tournament fight. This is what happens when a promoter omits legitimate heavyweights from a heavyweight tournament. The entire Bellator Heavyweight Tournament and only one competitive fight, Mitrione vs Nelson, all because the original set up was so fooking dumb. Scott Coker has made the Bellator Heavyweight division look like sh8t by leaving out legitimate Bellator Heavyweights from the Bellator Heavyweight Tournament.

Wanted to see Fedor go for a submission when in side there.. GOAT Fedor of 10-15 years ago arm-bars the guy right there 10/10.. even a power kimura; it was all there.

Prime Fedor basically does to Chael what he did to Ogawa.

Back