Bellator 196: Benson vs Huerta Official thread (Friday April 6 on Paramount Network) no Spoilers all

great performance by benson, was aggressive and went for the finish.

Aiight that's it for me, I think I'm done with the UFC, at least for the time being.

So wait you will watch this card but not Iaquinta vs Khabib, Rose vs Joanna, Kattar vs Moicano, and in a week and two Gaethje vs Poirier, Condit vs Brazil Cowboy, Stylebender and Lee vs Barboza and Edgar vs Cub, wtf

So wait you will watch this card but not Iaquinta vs Khabib, Rose vs Joanna, Kattar vs Moicano, and in a week and two Gaethje vs Poirier, Condit vs Brazil Cowboy, Stylebender and Lee vs Barboza and Edgar vs Cub, wtf

Yup. And if you catch me posting here during any of those fights/cards, then feel free to call me out.

EDIT: D'OH~! Just realized that I implied I would watch this card, which I will most definitely not.

Last edited:
Did they say anything about Nikolov on the broadcast? He wasn't moving at all, it was nearly ten minutes before they could take him out on a stretcher.

Huerta looked about either as done as I have ever seen a fighter or never warmed up. I mean that was a terrible performance...like almost like he never was. Feels bad man.

Borics was very impressive. Glad to learn he is training in the States as well. He has great size for the class and has great speed on his strikes and reaction.

I was disappointed in Ed Ruth performance. It didn’t match the commentary Big John was giving, that’s for sure. His opponent was game and landed some good strikes. Ruth earned the decision but the low hands, neglecting his base to bang, and giving up his neck forecast a humbling against a vet before he reaches his peak, ala Caldwell/Baby Joe. There was a few times I thought it was going to be tonight.

Good performance by Bendo. He wasn’t fucking around. I thought Huerta looked alright after the initial onslaught. Maybe good enough for Bellator to give him more fights to see if he can get something going. I put 20 on Roger thinking that maybe Bendo was a habitual low output guy now but he answered the dinner bell and ate.

You know it's bad when afterwards the losing fighter isn't even shown on camera :eek:

I was there watching it live; I thought he dead. He was out for a good 5 minutes and then carried out on a stretcher.

Khabib v Bendo would be interesting.

Khabib absolutely dominates him. Maybe Bendo from 2012 would make it interesting, but not now. He only looked good because Huerta is so bad. I'd pick every LW on the UFC (and probably Bellator's) roster over Roger...sad but true.

Goddamn did Huerta look like shit, but this is unsurprising. Recently he's had a lot of rough loses, wins stemming from DQs and a split decisions. This was obviously a highlight fight for Bendo, and well, good on him for making it look as such. There's nothing worse than giving a guy a winnable fight on a platter only to have him botch it or play safe.

Well, Bendo can beat a guy who is 3-6 in his last 9. Solid performance though. What's next for him?

Maybe some guys who are not really sniffing at a title shot but are always around?
Would like to see Bendo vs Rickels (but he is booked) or Derek Anderson.

Borics was very impressive. Glad to learn he is training in the States as well. He has great size for the class and has great speed on his strikes and reaction.

I was disappointed in Ed Ruth performance. It didn’t match the commentary Big John was giving, that’s for sure. His opponent was game and landed some good strikes. Ruth earned the decision but the low hands, neglecting his base to bang, and giving up his neck forecast a humbling against a vet before he reaches his peak, ala Caldwell/Baby Joe. There was a few times I thought it was going to be tonight.

Good performance by Bendo. He wasn’t fucking around. I thought Huerta looked alright after the initial onslaught. Maybe good enough for Bellator to give him more fights to see if he can get something going. I put 20 on Roger thinking that maybe Bendo was a habitual low output guy now but he answered the dinner bell and ate.
gallagher dodged a bullet with missing borics. would be an interesting fight but i dont know if he wants to risk losing to someone who is unknown. borics could be another prospect for them 145 looks like it has a bright future if they can keep everyone.

Dammit. Ended up on the phone all night and totally missed the whole card.

gallagher dodged a bullet with missing borics. would be an interesting fight but i dont know if he wants to risk losing to someone who is unknown. borics could be another prospect for them 145 looks like it has a bright future if they can keep everyone.

Agreed. Gallagher vs McKee (or Pico) is the fight to make and Borics would have spoiled it.

Ruth vs Pascu

Ruth had like what 3-4 opponents for this fight lol ?and ended up with his toughest opponent on short notice and it showed throughout the fight.IMO ed is getting too stubborn trying to standup instead of easily out grappling guys.Ed looked good standing but he is still learning as his hands are too low and his head stationary and straight up in the air.Overall he looked good against a very tough and game opponent and showed he can go 15 but he still needs sharpening.

Brian Moore vs Giorgio Belsanti

Moore steamrolled a solid prospect in Belsanti who is a k1 level kickboxer and an accomplished grappler very impressive victory and a good fight.

Kielholtz vs Castkova

Denise is learning as she goes this was her 3rd mma fight and she showed some lack of gameplanning but she is tough as hell and showed again her standup is really solid and she has good judo to compliment it.If she really gets serious about mma fulltime and some for gold she could be a real elite fighter.

Borics vs Nikolov

Wow.........Borics looked awesome man really a treat to watch this guy do his thing.The perfectly timed flying knee finish was the cherry on top.

It's almost better for Gallagher that he lost out on this fight......not cuz I necessarily think Borics would kill him,but because it allowed is to see how badass Borics is so now a Fight with Borics and Gallagher has more pop and appeal as two hot prospects squaring off.

Bendo vs Huerta

Bendo came out fast and threw hard early Huerta looked like he never belonged.....

Overall was a good night of fights not great but it had it's moments for sure.

Back