Bellator 180: Fedor Emelianenko vs. Matt Mitrione PBP (Discussion)

This is gonna be fun.

MM gonna pull out minutes before the fight. UFC's plan to destroy Bellator.

Mitrione is good and probably a top 10 hw but I just can't envision him beating Fedor. Matt seems to lose the important fights too. Fedor could KO him but if it stays standig then either guy could down. Fedor will murk him on the ground IF he can ge it there, but he seems to have gone away from his grappling a lot.

Fedor to win by decision is what my brain says for some reason

Beers are cold and my body is ready!
here's a Fedor selfie for all the concerned fans
nxg2Z_gvr4c.jpg

Matt is going to be in slow motion compared to Fedor. This is Fedor's fight to lose, by a long shot. Matt's one and only advantage is size/strength. Fedor is much better in every other category.

Mitrione is good and probably a top 10 hw but I just can't envision him beating Fedor. Matt seems to lose the important fights too. Fedor could KO him but if it stays standig then either guy could down. Fedor will murk him on the ground IF he can ge it there, but he seems to have gone away from his grappling a lot.

Fedor to win by decision is what my brain says for some reason

Yeah, but that's vs normal size HW's. He just hits so incredibly hard. That's what worries me. I just can't see Fedor surviving a clean shot. Maybe when he was younger, but now now.

come on fedor one for the road :D

one last KO pls !

c1dd5e57956b993195d8bc239ab21270.jpg

win lose or draw no fights give me teh goosebumps like fedors fights !

I wonder how much Bellator paid Mitrione to take a dive.

hopefully this Fedor guy doesn't make a name for himself off of Meathead tonight <BronTroll1>

Mitrione by Malicious Murder

tonight the bellator cage will be stained with the sacrafical blood of Fedor Emealiananko

overrated af, frank mir and randy couture would of beat him, brock would of killed him
#JustTrolling #getofhisjock #fuckRussia

Last edited:
Yeah, but that's vs normal size HW's. He just hits so incredibly hard. That's what worries me. I just can't see Fedor surviving a clean shot. Maybe when he was younger, but now now.

Matt hits hard and he is very fast too but
he has susceptible defense and both guys only need one clean shot to end it. Fedor looked like trash agaisnt Maldonado in that first round but the guy is stupidy tough. Matt will have to shut his lights off. Fedor has more ways to win. He's smaller but he has better fight iq and Matt has never really rised to the occasion in his career, despite his talents.

I picked Wanderlei and Fedor to both win but I am more confident in Fedor.

Play that shit

Emperor ✔
Thick Solid Tight ✔
Cold as ice ✔
Goosebumps ✔

Lets do this.

giphy.gif

bdRx1.gif

office-dwight-mad.gif

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRR FEEEEEEEEEEEDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I HEAR YOUR WAR CRIES BROTHER TIL FUKING VAHALA
KratosTitle.jpg

Anybody but me notice that in the Fabio fight Fedor looked as comfortable as I've seen him in the cage...ever. Maybe it was just that he got punished took it's toll but he looked loose and really used the cage and distance a lot better than his other cage fights imo. Especially late in the fight when Maldanado would "try" to come in for a attack, Fedor sorta clinched him and tossed him into the cage really fast.

Taking into account that "clinch toss", I wouldn't be surprised if we saw it again possibly a "clinch Sambo toss" if Fedor wants it on the ground, for Fedor to easily gameplan a inevitable Meathead "charge forward with punches" then toss and counter punch him directly into a takedown or just pure KO/TKO. If Fedor doesn't get stupid and egocentric like with Fabio if he takes down Meathead it's 100% Fedor destroys him. If he's dumb and wants to straight up strike, it's 60/40 Matt imo...unless Fedor uses very good distance and head movement and speed, with extreme use of really damaging leg kicks (like with Monson) to setup and good blind combo (ala Tim Silvia/Rizzo) and finish with GnP.

If it ends up on the ground with Fedor on top = 100% Fedor win
If they stand all night = 60/40 odds in favor of Matt catching something, unless Fedor fights as smart as he did at least against Rizzo (distance, careful precision strikes, leg kicks constant, speed).
YES HE got rocked so hard but lets be real he fought so hard. if his ground game comes back shits over boys

Will be sad to see fedor lose, I don't know how this fight goes.. Mittrione is chinny but damn fedor looked baddddd in that fabio fight.

Back