#believewomen Celebrity Movement

Senzo Tanaka

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I've been seeing these tweets and Instagram posts from (mostly) female celebrities.

Even celebrities I sort of respect like Olivia Munn posted one today:

So let me get this straight, we are just supposed to believe every single woman that comes forward with a rape accusation no matter what? Is that the world these celebrities want to live in?

No Olivia, believe in EVIDENCE and if proven guilty, THEN you believe the woman. You just don't blindly believe every accusation thrown at someone simply because it's a woman. That by its very definition is sexist and it's the same kind of thing these celebrities virtue signal against.

Imagine if I tweeted #believeinmen and the hate that i would get. They are doing the exact same with the sex swapped.

The bubble these celebrities live in is absurd and this social media platform feels like its tearing society apart.

Last edited:
Na bro .... dudes just have to say "I remember it differently" like Justin and we'll all good.

Can't wait to see what they say when they all start turning on each other.

They'll have to group themselves differently

Yes, we should listen to women. But Sorry, but there are 2 sides to every story. You listen to both sides and weigh the evidence.

Even celebrities I sort of respect like Olivia Munn posted one today:
Now there's your problem.

Anyway, I agree that the sentiment is misguided despite coming from the right place. When it comes to such accusations I think we should take them very seriously but that doesn't mean believing the woman outright, it means attempting to verify her claims

Might come as a shocker, but there are dishonest women in the world too.

That is like saying "believe scientologists".

You'll have to try harder for me to buy your product.

Well I identify as a women, and I say men are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law. Checkmate

Emmett Till disagrees. All we really need to do is toss men in water to see if they float. If they float, they're w̶i̶t̶c̶h̶e̶s̶ rapists, and if they sink and drown, one fewer man to worry about, amirite ladies?

The real problem with "he said/she said" is that most people resolve the dilemma by defaulting to innocence. Which is the functional equivalent of saying you simply believe whatever the male side says.

If you try to claim that's not a sexist approach you're just in denial.

The real problem with "he said/she said" is that most people resolve the dilemma by defaulting to innocence. Which is the functional equivalent of saying you simply believe whatever the male side says.

Innocent until proven guilty. That's kind of how the law works, big guy.

the last believe movement I enjoyed was the bELIeve superbowl run of 2011.

To be fair there are plenty of people that believe stuff without any evidence whatsoever.

Innocent until proven guilty. That's kind of how the law works, big guy.

That's not how any intelligent, rational person outside of a courtroom navigates through their day to day lives and associations. Which you would know if you possessed any objective self-awareness whatsoever.

Being assumed innocent until proven guilty is sexist?

That’s the legal standard for everyone, regardless of gender.

You’d rather it the other way, assumed guilty until proven innocent?

Great idea.

Emmett Till disagrees. All we really need to do is toss men in water to see if they float. If they float, they're w̶i̶t̶c̶h̶e̶s̶ rapists, and if they sink and drown, one fewer man to worry about, amirite ladies?
This.

This issue needs more study. Anyone want to guess why the author of this test study was bullied into not doing a major study on the issue?
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/8135653

If you guessed its because it would show how often women lie about rape, then you would be right.

Back