Belfort: "That belt belongs to me."

Gotta like Vitor's confidence right now.

I'm still waiting for him to beat an elite fighter. I guess we'll see here shortly.

I'm still waiting for him to beat an elite fighter.

FSBelfortKOsWanderlei1.gif

2rnafjs.gif

1384054602398_zps54641c26.gif

771919944.gif

Not pictured: several other elite wins

Vitor Belfort has a lot in common with Alastair Overeem.

Both are great strikers. Both had success early on, but went on to have mediocre records. Both have well-documented problems keeping composure under pressure (i.e. if they don't get a knockout in the first frame). Both enjoyed resurgences late in their careers due in part to performance enhancing substances. Both have legions of fans who are willing to disregard their obvious flaws the moment they go on a 2-fight win streak. And they both have great physiques.

...How's Alastair lately?

Has to suck to know that if you win your next fight you have to fight Vitor next...

Except for the fact that Vitor has been knocking mother fuckers out...:rolleyes:

He is a good fighter no doubt but I want to see him fight an elite guy and get a knock out.

Level of competition does matter.

Vitor is the best finisher in the UFC.

If he gets you hurt you've already lost. Period.

Both have legions of fans who are willing to disregard their obvious flaws the moment they go on a 2-fight win streak.
And both have legions of haters willing to jump on any of the smallest things.

Belfort has won 4 in a row at MW, and 6 of 8 in his current UFC stint, with losses only to Anderson Silva and Jon Jones, two of the P4P list's perennial Top 3.

I mean, there's a ton of questions about Vitor that aren't answered, but there are a lot of us who aren't really Vitor "fans" per se, but who recognize the dude is on a tear at MW right now.

He is a good fighter no doubt but I want to see him fight an elite guy and get a knock out.

Dan Henderson is not an elite guy?

Get the fuck outa here man.

Belfort has been looking great but he'll lose to Weidman or Anderson (again)

I agree. Vitor lost to a 1/million kick last time, and now he's poised to rule the division for years to come.

Yea right.. 1/million kick from Anderson? Sounds liek you were saying that was luck to me. What i saw was an insanely well placed kick that the MW GOAT planted right under his kisser. Pure skillz and the same thing would happen this time except by flying knee. Andy might even get into his head again with that mask :D

Bisping, Rockhold, Henderson is the most impressive win streak of any fighter during this calendar year. All by spectacular KO.

I can't stand Vitor, but you can't deny facts.

Yea right.. 1/million kick from Anderson? Sounds liek you were saying that was luck to me. What i saw was an insanely well placed kick that the MW GOAT planted right under his kisser. Pure skillz and the same thing would happen this time except by flying knee. Andy might even get into his head again with that mask :D

I was just quoting Vitor...

Back