Bec's bringing Rowdy back

MMAfanWA

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
Had a great chat to Bec earlier this week. Some of you might not like everything she has to say though :icon_lol: She goes on to talk about Joanna Jedrzejczyk and her opponent, Lisa Ellis. We're in Adelaide so feel free to check in for coverage of the media day, weigh-ins, fights and presser. Some of it serious, some of it not so much.

9146357.jpg

Bec Rawlings does not care about your gossip and bitching.

The strawweight is brash and opinionated, with a social media persona that would make Miley Cyrus blush. She's not fussed if you’re on Sherdog or The UG, talking smack or critiquing her latest post on Instagram - she literally could not care less. As long as you respect her fighting style.

“It’s actually quite entertaining that people take time out of their lives to sit on an MMA forum and talk shit about someone they’ve never met,” she told The Power Double on Tuesday. “The fact is they can only ever hate on me because of something I’ve said or my looks or something like that. They can never hate on me for the way I fight. I know I go in there and I put my heart and soul and everything into my fight, I bring the fight. If someone was to say I was a boring fighter and I was crap at this or crap at that then maybe it would bother me, but attacking me personally when they don’t know me is water off my back. I go into the octagon and I fight, that’s me.”

The ruthless, sometimes reckless striker didn’t seem herself in her UFC debut against Heather Jo Clark. The wild, brawling style that had served Rawlings so well in her career was nowhere to be seen. She seemed almost tentative, until she let her hands go in the final round. She recognises it’s a problem, and her Alliance gym coaches are working with her to turn her into the Rowdy of old.

“We’ve been working on getting a good start," Rawlings said. "My last few fights I’ve come out and haven’t really gotten into the fight until round two, round three, so we’ve been working on coming out stronger from the get go. At the start of my career I came out and let my hands go from the get go so I’m going back to my roots and what worked at the beginning, just coming out and getting my body moving at the start of the bell instead of round two after I’ve been hit a few times.”

Could it have been the infamous Octagon jitters Rogan and Goldy keep banging on about? It was a pretty big show, that must have had an effect, right?

“The octagon jitters aren’t real at all, it felt like any other local show I’ve fought on in Australia. It wasn’t the jitters," she said. “It was more of a mental block, it stems from a lot of criticism that I shouldn’t be reckless and I should think about things more, just taking in advice like that instead of going out there and doing what I do best and that’s coming forward and being aggressive. I’ve just wiped my head clear and I’m listening to my coaches at Alliance and it’s definitely working well in sparring, so I’m excited to get out there and bring the old Rowdy back.”

Read more - Bec's bringing Rowdy back

Last edited:
I'm actually very neutral to Bec, I dont like the way she carries herself specially on twitter but I liked her fight with Jo Clark, unlike other gils at 115 she seems to still have some fire on her, I'm pulling for Lisa but I don't mind Bec winning at all, best luck for her

Used to really dislike Bec. Thought she was a horrible person that only means problem to all who have to deal with hear. Until she showed she was a anti-feminist, because feminism view makes her boys looks bad. Can't hate on a mother like that.

Last edited:
nice girl, too much tattoos imho.

I can't wait for her to get smashed. She's been talking crazy

"The fact is they can only ever hate on me for something I've said or my looks..."

Consistently saying stupid shit is a good way to get people to reasonably not like you. Ask Michael Richards (aka Kramer.)

Also, she hasn't impressed me in any fight, not even her short notice fight w Carla.

Nothing would make me happier than seeing Ellis dismantle Bec. A vile beating for a vile human being.

Could care less about her, she is an attention whore that is not attractive nor skilled. 5-4 WMMA fighter, meh!

Wasn't Bec super hyped a couple years ago?

"She" posted on sherdog(it was actually her boyfriend at the time LMFAO!!) so of course she had a bandwagon following, that overrated her skills, looks, etc.

"She" posted on sherdog(it was actually her boyfriend at the time LMFAO!!) so of course she had a bandwagon following, that overrated her skills, looks, etc.

Haha was it. I talked to her on here a while ago

I liked when she used to post in the OT.

Back