Bec Rawlings claims early stoppage in PVZ fight, blames sexism from officials

Bunch of fucking haters in here. That stoppage was bullshit.

WAR BEC HYATT!!!!

I've reported all you fighter bashers.

*claims fandom*

*still refers to her with last name of dude who beat her*

well, TS made a thread about it and we're talking about her so I guess she got that going for her :p

True. After getting KTFO by PVZ, having your very own Sherdog thread is about as good as it gets

http://mmajunkie.com/2017/02/ufc-fi...says-tecia-torres-still-hits-like-a-expletive

"Refs still kind of feel like we’re made of glass because we have vaginas and boobs, which is kind of frustrating,” Rawlings (7-5 MMA, 2-2 UFC), who on Saturday rematches her “The Ultimate Fighter 20” castmate Tecia Torres (7-1 MMA, 3-1 UFC) at UFC Fight Night 104, told MMAjunkie. “In this sport, we’re treated as the most equal out of all the professional sports. We get paid the same, we get the same opportunities, yet we’re still looked at differently inside the cage by referees and judges.”

Rawlings thinks Dan Miragliotta, the referee in her previous fight, – a knockout loss to Paige VanZant at UFC on FOX 21, didn’t give her the chance to recover and fight back after she took a kick to the head.

“It’s no lesson that I haven’t learned previously,” she said. “In my debut fight, I got kicked in the head and I got knocked out cold. I was out for, like, a minute. The only thing frustrating about my last fight was I felt like the ref didn’t give me a chance to fight back.”

<31>

Hold on... Bec is claiming sexism while she fought another woman. Is she saying she isn't a woman? Bec was pretty cool she posted here while she was in Invicta. Since TUF she has not looked or sounded good. Just my two cents.

And if she admitted to be knocked out in her debut fight but she should Have been allowed to continue on that fight too? I'm out guys this is making my head hurt.

Johntravoltaconfused.gif

Last edited:
LOL, is she the Woodley of WMMA?

giphy.gif
No Woodley has talent and is a world champion. She would never even crack the top 5 in her division.

Refs are obviously instructed to stop fights quicker for the people UFC tries to push hard.
Nah, the doctors would have stopped Diaz against Conor in either of the fights if that was the case.

I didn't see that particular fight, but I have noticed a couple of situations where I thought a stoppage was slightly premature and wondered if a male fighter might have been given more opportunity to recover.

Well Women's bouts are stopped early on occasion, but so are men's. I mean, look at Weidman-Rockhold. Herb Dean really jumped the gun on that one.

Remember this- Early is better than late in the fight game. Early retirement, early career start, early stoppage. Late ANY of those is always bad.

*claims fandom*

*still refers to her with last name of dude who beat her*

I thought it would make the sarcasm even more obvious.

"Nobody has ever gone bankrupt underestimating the intelligence of Shertards"

How does she expect to improve as a fighter when she makes excuses like that when she loses?

This is the country we live in now. Anytime something doesn't go your way, it has to be someone else's fault. They must be sexist, they must be racist, they must be homophobic, etc. It can't be your own fault, and it HAS to be that the system is stacked against you.

How about using some rational thought, and looking at most other fights. Male or female, referees are not very good, and judges are terrible. Has been that way for a long time, regardless of who is fighting.

Back