Bec Rawlings claims early stoppage in PVZ fight, blames sexism from officials

Only Here for Attachments

World Ultimate Fighting Entertainment
@Titanium
Reaction score
http://mmajunkie.com/2017/02/ufc-fi...says-tecia-torres-still-hits-like-a-expletive

"Refs still kind of feel like we’re made of glass because we have vaginas and boobs, which is kind of frustrating,” Rawlings (7-5 MMA, 2-2 UFC), who on Saturday rematches her “The Ultimate Fighter 20” castmate Tecia Torres (7-1 MMA, 3-1 UFC) at UFC Fight Night 104, told MMAjunkie. “In this sport, we’re treated as the most equal out of all the professional sports. We get paid the same, we get the same opportunities, yet we’re still looked at differently inside the cage by referees and judges.”

Rawlings thinks Dan Miragliotta, the referee in her previous fight, – a knockout loss to Paige VanZant at UFC on FOX 21, didn’t give her the chance to recover and fight back after she took a kick to the head.

“It’s no lesson that I haven’t learned previously,” she said. “In my debut fight, I got kicked in the head and I got knocked out cold. I was out for, like, a minute. The only thing frustrating about my last fight was I felt like the ref didn’t give me a chance to fight back.”

<31>

You got fucking flying kicked in the face by a part time mma fighter and appeared to have died'd what do you expect the ref to do? Go all munoz vs weidman to appease the just bleed god?

Last edited:
Maybe she should finish scraping her face off the mat before she assesses the situation

LOL, is she the Woodley of WMMA?

giphy.gif

It is partially true, but not nearly like it used to be. Old Strikeforce basically stopped a fight as soon as a woman got a little cut.

I agree with her, many refs do stop fighs way early when it's WMMA it seems.

getting knocked out by PVZ is quite the accomplishment.

<33>

Refs are obviously instructed to stop fights quicker for the people UFC tries to push hard.

LOL bullshit, I saw the finish of the fight just the other day. She was face down ass up getting her face punched into the mat.

I think you're right. She's trying to take a book out of Tyron's chapter. Just stir up some shit, it doesn't matter if it makes sense or not
well, TS made a thread about it and we're talking about her so I guess she got that going for her :p

she should learn more about ref's duties. you can't defend yourself = fight gets stopped

MessyMixedEquestrian-size_restricted.gif

Bunch of fucking haters in here. That stoppage was bullshit.

WAR BEC HYATT!!!!

I've reported all you fighter bashers.

If you don't get up right away, you literally have no standing to complain about a stoppage.

Unless the ref is holding you down, which happens sometimes, but that was not the case here.

Bec was face down ass up, frozen in turtle for a few seconds after the ref jumped in. Good stoppage. Sore loser.

Yep, and this ref was racist - didn't give Yves a chance to fight back.

4.gif

Back