Beaulieu Boxing Glove review

Nice scratches , blemishes and bumps straight out the box.
Top quality , I see.

Now more than ever would that "Hecho in Mexico" be appropriate on them.

PS - looks nice but I'd rather go for quality than looks.

quality defects are in every single glove. Plus at least these quality defects don't affect the performance.

Kounter, everyone already knows how much you hate this brand. There's no point in posting this nonsense over and over, especially since you don't have actual first hand experience with them. I don't own a pair, but it seems as though everyone who has ever used a pair has given a good review. I did consider getting a pair before I ordered my Winnings, and Bill was spot on and went beyond with his customer service. There's just no need for any of this.

quality defects are in every single glove. Plus at least these quality defects don't affect the performance.

Really ?
Where the hell have you been buying your gloves from ......the discount bin at the local liquidators ?

I have 2 pairs of Winnings , one pair of Reyes .

Had Everlast , Select that I later on donated to the common bin at the gym.
Twins too

Never any defects like that plus I thought Bill checks them himself before shipping them on.
So you're telling me the guy noticed (did he even ?) THREE defects and STILL sent them on ?
No apology / explanation or discount ?
All this from a boutique small ass company ?

:rolleyes:

As for "doesn't affect performance" ......if you were looking at a pair of Nikes and there's a big blotch on the front , would you accept a "doesn't affect performance" from the salesman ?

Dunno why is it so hard for ppl online to say "you know what.....I might've been wrong !"

Kounter, everyone already knows how much you hate this brand. There's no point in posting this nonsense over and over, especially since you don't have actual first hand experience with them. I don't own a pair, but it seems as though everyone who has ever used a pair has given a good review. I did consider getting a pair before I ordered my Winnings, and Bill was spot on and went beyond with his customer service. There's just no need for any of this.

It's just a discussion , homy.
If all one wanted to read was sunshine and rainbows then there should've been a place where you can post reviews but no follow up questions or talk......basically NOT a forum.

Plus it's not like im "trolling" the place or anything.

I spend thousands of dollars buying premium gear from various brands for various sports .
I'm raising viable questions (to someone who plugs his product on here) about customer service (or lack of) , dodgy pricing practices , shoddy workmanship etc etc
It's foolish to say that "oh , you can only talk if you've bought his stuff !"

Really ?

As for happy customers.....sure he (TS) is. Happy as a clam. Yet it doesn't change the fact he's got a pair of scuffed up , lumpy gloves with nary a word of apology.
I didn't post those pics up .....he did.
Am I an asshole for pointing out what he himself has showed ?

Would you be more happy if I posted a "golly gee gosh , Mr Bill. Those gloves are the most awesomemest piece of equipment I've ever seen. I'd like to include a blank check for a pair ......because I know your price changes day to day . If you could pretty please NOT send me a lumpy / scruffy pair though , I'd be most pleased......but if you do , no problems !"

C'mon man.

Kounter

The reyes gloves are never consistent with left and right pairs. The guy from ratethisgear.com had to send his reyes pair back because his pair took too long to break in, as he says so in his review.

on the custom winning gear thread if I'm not mistaken, a guy sent his winning pair back because of some hand compartment issues.

Even the mx line from everlast is pure garbage.

The ringside heritage mitts that markfiji did a review on had a blemish because some water or sweat got on it.

as for price changes, he is a starting company. As of today. Prices are 100% consistent on every item. Even winning from rakuten changes prices every single day because of the exchange rate. Grant prices are ridiculous and not everybody could afford winning gloves.

And if you want more, Ringside sold imfs for $30 because they had quality control issues with the colors.

So unless you have some sort of personal problem with Bill, your argument is invalid.

The reyes gloves are never consistent with left and right pairs. The guy from ratethisgear.com had to send his reyes pair back because his pair took too long to break in, as he says so in his review.
I think the ratethisgear.com guy had a difference in the finger compartment between left, and right hand glove of the Reyes, and he said that his newer Reyes was easy to break in (unlike his old version) which was also my experience with those gloves.

Kounter

on the custom winning gear thread if I'm not mistaken, a guy sent his winning pair back because of some hand compartment issues.

The ringside heritage mitts that markfiji did a review on had a blemish because some water or sweat got on it.

as for price changes, he is a starting company. As of today. Prices are 100% consistent on every item. Even winning from rakuten changes prices every single day because of the exchange rate. Grant prices are ridiculous and not everybody could afford winning gloves.

And if you want more, Ringside sold imfs for $30 because they had quality control issues with the colors.

So unless you have some sort of personal problem with Bill, your argument is invalid.

Winnings price changes by 2 to 3 dollars and that's due to Rakuten being a Japanese site for mainly Japanese ppl , so prices are in yen not dollars.

Ringside sold imfs for 30 bucks ?
Yes because they acknowledged their mistakes.
How much did he get pay for those defective bb gloves ?

Winnings / Reyes had a defect ?
Sure , shit happens but they did accept it back , didn't they ?
This guy got to talk to the owner himself and the guy didn't even acknowledge it !
Is he sending ....no .....CAN he send them back for a better pair ?

Your post was invalid and foolish to begin with , buddy.

?.... and he said that his newer Reyes was easy to break in (unlike his old version) which was also my experience with those gloves.

I noticed that too.

My old Reyes are still stiff as a board but my buddy's new ones are just buttery soft.

I think I'm gonna go with a yellow pair.

Kounter

Just writing this as a reply to a few points. Congrats on the gloves.

I think you're talking about my thread on the winning gloves. Yes they were returned and another pair sent out to me, so the problem was acknowledged (kind of, more info will be shared of my winning glove review).

I bought a pair of mx training gloves and they had a few issues too but the vendor told me to send them back asap without even looking at any pictures and told me he'd send me another pair out as soon as he gets them back and he will pay shipping both ways.

The problem isn't that there was an issue with the glove the problem is you told him and he did not acknowledge it at all.

As for the prices they are not consistent.

BEAULIEU....PRO training gloves .10-20 oz. flat cuff custom ended on feb 10. They were 129.99 now they are 159.99

triple cuff customs are now 179.99 feb 11 ending they were 160.00

14oz triple cuff standard colours are now selling for 119.00 last time he had them listed they were 89.99.

The reyes gloves are never consistent with left and right pairs.
Agreed Reyes left/right often differ very much.
winning from rakuten changes prices every single day because of the exchange rate.
Winning from rakuten does not change prices. Their prices are in YEN, that's all. Calling it "price inconsistency" is a demagogy.
Grant prices are ridiculous and not everybody could afford winning gloves
Don't quite understand it. Winning from rakuten cost the same or even less than the basic Grant model and moreover the shipping is cheaper. So anybody who can afford Grant can afford Winning.

A small error.

Water and sweat do not blemish the leather. Blood does, however, that is the price you pay for not putting a polymer coat over the leather to prevent cracking.

It is like a high quality baseball glove.

They do actually. But it can be more or less treated.

If I dunk my heritage gloves in water they will get damaged, along with any glove (except machine washable gloves). However, the normal water dangers in a gym will not cause any damage. For example, my water bottle leaked about 50ml on one glove with zero cosmetic issues.

What heritage do you have?

Edit: if you have the focus mitts, the leather looks different than the gloves.

Last edited:
If I dunk my heritage gloves in water they will get damaged, along with any glove (except machine washable gloves). However, the normal water dangers in a gym will not cause any damage. For example, my water bottle leaked about 50ml on one glove with zero cosmetic issues.

What heritage do you have?

Edit: if you have the focus mitts, the leather looks different than the gloves.

I have bag gloves. Water doesn't damage them, but leaves some minor blemish (not a big deal at all). Sweat (salt) damages a bit, but again - no problem to get rid of the blemish. Even the blood is not a big deal if you clean them immediately.
This leather is naturally very absorbent, this is what anybody should keep in mind.

Don't quite understand it. Winning from rakuten cost the same or even less than the basic Grant model and moreover the shipping is cheaper. So anybody who can afford Grant can afford Winning.

Depends how you are looking at things a lot of people dont seem to know about rakuten so they compare the 350 dollar price tag at winning-usa for the 16oz plus shipping is at least an extra 35.00. Grant cost 249.00 shipped to your door (for americans).

Grant is still cheaper than rakuten but you are right if you can afford grants than you can afford winning gloves too.

Theyre actually $259.99 in basic colours at 16oz, + whatever shipping is.

As Mino mentioned the basic lace up Grant are 259, the shipping abroad is 65. Superbag Grant are 299. All of them are more expensive than Winning on rakuten (in addition the JPN shipping is 30 not 65), 12 oz. superbag Grant are 80USD (about 40%) more expensive than 12 oz. Winning.

Theyre actually $259.99 in basic colours at 16oz, + whatever shipping is.

Have you got the quote personally? This is the email i got from grant

Hi,

In red or black they run $249.99, custom colors run $375 and up.

Thanks,

Elliot

for the super bag gloves :

Hi,

Campeon line has been discontinued. The super bag gloves run $269.99 in red or black.

Thanks,

Elliot

i was quoted 249.99 plus 30.00 shipping to canada in another email i shot them for 16oz standard colour gloves.

Back