1. Newly retired UFC Bantamweight & UK legend, Brad "One Punch" Pickett joins us LIVE on WEDNESDAY at 3:00 PM ET / 8:00 PM UK time. Check it out here.
    Dismiss Notice

Beaulieu Boxing Equipment | Page 54

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by Minowafanatic, Nov 23, 2012.

1. F350 White Belt

F350
    Stop trolling a thread that's about stuff you're not even interested in buying.

2. Minowafanatic Brown Belt

Minowafanatic
    Might be better taking to a cobbler or some such, it doesn't seem cost-effective to my eyes to ship gloves to Pakistan and back just to get them repaired. But maybe these are super special/rare type ones you're thinking of?

Noodles03 likes this.
  3. Noodles03 Orange Belt

Noodles03
    That's true about shipping them to Pakistan.

4. makedansure Blue Belt

makedansure
    definitely not worth it to send back overseas imo. I've never had anything repaired by a cobbler, but I've had friends that have had very positive experiences with the ones they've used.

what are you trying to have fixed by the way? I only ask because if it's a liner issue, or even something with padding, John Golomb can fix literally anything with your gloves, even if that means replacing components. That being said, I don't think his services are cheap, but I do know that people have sent him gloves to have completely re-lined and re-padded (horsehair padding).

5. makedansure Blue Belt

makedansure
    also, to the two that are bickering about Bill... Bill is extremely knowledgeable about boxing equipment. Though he doesn't always make the most insightful comments, he occasionally does give useful input. Better to email Bill if you have specific questions as I don't believe he's too prone to have a conversations here on the forums.

Yes, he does come back every couple of weeks or so to give his plug and remind everyone he's still around with his usual line. To a certain extent, he's advertising his wares, but Bill posting his email and giving a brief list of his wares/payment methods isn't the worst I've seen on the forums in terms of advertising. Yes, technically Bill is a middleman and it's great that we can go to TB directly, but you cannot deny Bill's contributions to the G&E community. I'm pretty sure that Bill actually helped open the door to our direct line of communication with those in Pakistan. I know that he's also partnered with a couple manufacturers and provided patterns as well as input.

Bill, if you're reading this, I don't think that you should've posted pictures of actual Dan Mosby Flores gloves, since whatever version of the gloves you're able to provide is nowhere near Dan's work. It irks me that you throw the "Flores" name around like so, even if you carefully disclose that your wares are "Flores-style". Aren't your old school gloves made from the Spartan pattern, and not the Mosby pattern anyways? The 4th and 5th pictures in your "Old School" reply earlier in the thread may be your label, but they aren't what is being produced and I think that can be very misleading.

4daLuLZ and Kick_@ss_Seabass like this.
  6. Noodles03 Orange Belt

Noodles03
    Mainly cosmetic and replacing the padding.

7. makedansure Blue Belt

makedansure
    replacing the padding is no small deal. I would definitely reach out to John. If you don't mind me asking, what gloves are they?

edit: John Golomb, not Bill lol

Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
  8. Noodles03 Orange Belt

Noodles03
    They are Classic, here they are brand new.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
    makedansure likes this.
  9. makedansure Blue Belt

makedansure
  10. Noodles03 Orange Belt

Noodles03