Beaulieu Boxing Equipment | Page 54

Discussion in 'Gear & Equipment Discussion' started by Minowafanatic, Nov 23, 2012.

1. F350 White Belt

F350
    Stop trolling a thread that's about stuff you're not even interested in buying.

2. Minowafanatic Black Belt

Minowafanatic
    Might be better taking to a cobbler or some such, it doesn't seem cost-effective to my eyes to ship gloves to Pakistan and back just to get them repaired. But maybe these are super special/rare type ones you're thinking of?

Noodles03 likes this.
  3. Noodles03 Orange Belt

Noodles03
    That's true about shipping them to Pakistan.

4. makedansure Blue Belt

makedansure
    definitely not worth it to send back overseas imo. I've never had anything repaired by a cobbler, but I've had friends that have had very positive experiences with the ones they've used.

what are you trying to have fixed by the way? I only ask because if it's a liner issue, or even something with padding, John Golomb can fix literally anything with your gloves, even if that means replacing components. That being said, I don't think his services are cheap, but I do know that people have sent him gloves to have completely re-lined and re-padded (horsehair padding).

5. makedansure Blue Belt

makedansure
    also, to the two that are bickering about Bill... Bill is extremely knowledgeable about boxing equipment. Though he doesn't always make the most insightful comments, he occasionally does give useful input. Better to email Bill if you have specific questions as I don't believe he's too prone to have a conversations here on the forums.

Yes, he does come back every couple of weeks or so to give his plug and remind everyone he's still around with his usual line. To a certain extent, he's advertising his wares, but Bill posting his email and giving a brief list of his wares/payment methods isn't the worst I've seen on the forums in terms of advertising. Yes, technically Bill is a middleman and it's great that we can go to TB directly, but you cannot deny Bill's contributions to the G&E community. I'm pretty sure that Bill actually helped open the door to our direct line of communication with those in Pakistan. I know that he's also partnered with a couple manufacturers and provided patterns as well as input.

Bill, if you're reading this, I don't think that you should've posted pictures of actual Dan Mosby Flores gloves, since whatever version of the gloves you're able to provide is nowhere near Dan's work. It irks me that you throw the "Flores" name around like so, even if you carefully disclose that your wares are "Flores-style". Aren't your old school gloves made from the Spartan pattern, and not the Mosby pattern anyways? The 4th and 5th pictures in your "Old School" reply earlier in the thread may be your label, but they aren't what is being produced and I think that can be very misleading.

4daLuLZ and Kick_@ss_Seabass like this.
  6. Noodles03 Orange Belt

Noodles03
    Mainly cosmetic and replacing the padding.

7. makedansure Blue Belt

makedansure
    replacing the padding is no small deal. I would definitely reach out to John. If you don't mind me asking, what gloves are they?

edit: John Golomb, not Bill lol

Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
  8. Noodles03 Orange Belt

Noodles03
    They are Classic, here they are brand new.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 14, 2017
    makedansure likes this.
  9. makedansure Blue Belt

makedansure
  10. Noodles03 Orange Belt

Noodles03
  11. billboxing BEAULIEU "Old School" hair padded training gloves.

billboxing

First of all sir, the pictures of my line of boxing equipment were posted by the manufacturer, not me. The discussion of boxing equipment is part of this forum and has included most all past and present manufacturers. Long before meeting TOP BOXER, who contacted me back in 2012, to help him break into the American scene, my wife and I made our own gear, obtaining the patterns and knowledge from Mr. Al Zimmer the retired owner of SPRTAN BOXING EQUIPMENT , Brooklyn, N.Y. When the tanneries in New England closed down, it became necessary for us to travel to NYC to buy leather. Later, We abandoned that idea and since 1984 have had a private label deal with several manufacturers. There are so many misconceptions posted on this site that it's absolutely ridiculous........I had know Ray Flores and when he passed his nephew ( DAN MOSBY) took over making the famous California hair padded training glove. Danny and I worked together, with me providing ideas to better his glove creations. My line of FLORES style hair padded gloves are NOT MADE using SPARTAN patterns, but actual FLORES patterns from 12-21 0z. Dan has padded, R.I.P., but many have asked me to continue the hair padded glove line.

Now, for those of you that worry if TOP BOXER is receiving his just due let me say this, I make very little on a glove sale, but continue for the love of the trade, which
    I've done for over 30 years. All I can say is this................You're welcome to purchase any make or model you like. But to say, I only sell in the US, is another falsehood. I've sold worldwide for years. I hope this clears up many posts on this boxing forum that just aren't true. As far as selling patterns, many have written me asking about them. It's something almost secretive by glove makers. Everyone knows and has certain tricks of the trade that they use. I had to pay and was fortunate to have the friendship of Mr. Zimmer who came to NH on more than one occasions to teach the trade to us. Thank you.

F350 likes this.
  12. 4daLuLZ Blue Belt

4daLuLZ
    image.jpeg

13. hangulmalmotayo Blue Belt

hangulmalmotayo
    That's actually interesting to know. Thanks.

14. makedansure Blue Belt

makedansure
    Bill, apologies for the comment about the Spartan pattern, I was wrong.

However, I'm talking about the pictures that you posted in the thread, not Muhammad.

billboxingglovesflores.JPG

In that post, you included the two images below, which are definitely Mosby made Flores gloves. This is what I'm talking about in my criticism about your posts.
    flores2.JPG
    flores.JPG

I personally can tell what gloves are actually being offered vs. Dan Mosby's gloves, but I really don't think you should include images of his gloves in your posts of what is currently being offered. They aren't your label, and they're not what is being offered.

4daLuLZ likes this.
  15. billboxing BEAULIEU "Old School" hair padded training gloves.

billboxing

16. billboxing BEAULIEU "Old School" hair padded training gloves.

billboxing
    As stated previously, Dan and I worked together to improve on the Flores gloves. Originally, he did not incorporate an attached thumb. I suggested in today's world, that is necessary. I also suggested a thin 1/4" foam glued to the inside backhand for smoothness. He made gloves for my personal use up to 21 oz. The pictures posted were to show all that the 21 oz. glove style can be made today.
    I had/have nothing but the utmost respect for Danny's work and only wish to offer a similar style .I am contacted almost daily from glove makers from Sialkot, Pakistan who want to work for me and supply their wares. When TOP BOXER refused to follow my specs and using the necessary raw materials of the FLORES gloves, I found someone that would and have done so since. TOP BOXER is an excellent glove maker who I continue to work with, but not in the "Old School" retro, FLORES style line.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
  17. billboxing BEAULIEU "Old School" hair padded training gloves.

billboxing
    P.S.

18. billboxing BEAULIEU "Old School" hair padded training gloves.

billboxing
    I am no longer associated with Top Boxer...............Several, including top boxer have shown their gear on this site.
    I'd suggest if you don't care to see boxing gear then don't go to those forum posts. We are now providing professional, top quality boxing equipment at a reduced rate and a faster turnaround time. Contact us at billboxing@aol.com.................thank those that support us.