News Beast: "I’m not a mixed martial artist" (and I don't deserve titleshot)

Who do you want to win?

• Total voters
As much as i love DC if BB won it would 1) Be hilarious 2) Force the UFC to find better heavyweights 3) Give us a better chance at DC v Jones 3

“I probably don’t deserve a shot more than Stipe, who should have got the shot. But ain’t no telling the next time I’m gonna get the opportunity, so I gotta jump on it anyways.”

. . .

"I’m not a mixed martial artist,” Lewis said. “That’s probably what they looking at. And I don’t blame them. I don’t train like a mixed martial artist. I don’t respect the sport like everyone else does. I’m just a brawler. I go in to fight just to fight. I don’t care about submissions, the technique and all of that. Bowing and showing respect — I don’t give nothing about none of that. I’m just coming in and fighting.”

. . .

On Thursday, Lewis laughed off the notion that Cormier might have a bum hand.

“I go into every fight with a bad back and overweight and damn near diabetic,” Lewis said. “So it doesn’t matter to me that he’s coming into the fight with just a bad hand. That’s a good thing for him.”

. . .

“I still believe Stipe probably should have been next, because all the people that lost their belt, they got the title shot right back as soon as they lost it, they got the rematch,” Lewis said. “It is what it is. But I’m happy and grateful for the opportunity.”

https://www.mmafighting.com/2018/10...d-have-gotten-next-ufc-heavyweight-title-shot
Dude is honest.
Good for him for getting this opportunity.
The hope he comes guns blazing.

Expecting DC to win but will be rooting for a Black Beast KO the entire time

Someone say Anthony Joshua?

*A-LEVEL ATHLETE INTENSIFIES*

This just shows truly how weak the division is.. has MMA really evolved over the years? because this makes me think otherwise
I mean he's 6'4 and cuts to the limit of HW. A division where anything can happen just due to size and power. Don't let it weaken your mind at the sport. There are tons of technical matchups/fighters and MMA is evolving.

Seems to be knocking out other mixed martial artists just fine though

Highest number of KOs in UFC HW history

giphy.gif
Bb practicing that downward dog to prevent some post fight spasms

not sure he could hang if he was as untrained as he wants to let on, i think it's more likely some kind of self-mythologizing or a continuation of his self deprecating jokes
He powers out of everything. He never uses technique. Just brute strength.

Dude is as down to earth as possible.

Can even imagine his victory speech.

"Shit, don't even know how I beat him. DC is twice the fighter I am. Just landed that lucky punch I guess. But it's all good. Bout to sell this belt on E-bay now and by my woman some fancy shit."

He trains people relax. No one has that strong of sweeps just dickin around. Nobody holds him down ( Cormier absolutely will tho make no mistake) because he pummels for the under hooks and battles for position better than most. You don’t get that just hanging out hitting pads. Maybe now a days he hasn’t put in a lot of skill training but make no mistake this guy has put in some time.

I remember he said either before or after the shawn jordan fight, that he doesn't even like to fight, that he is only doing it to pay off his house lol

Some college football coaches do the same thing - talk about how much their team sucks, and has no chance. All while knowing they're about to lay the beatdown on somebody. Hope he wins.

I'm pretty sure no one was worried about mistaking him for a martial artist and damn sure no one was saying he deserved a title shot.

So I guess we're all agreeing with you Beast.

dis russian fucker making us look bad sheeeit

I am pulling for DC and I think DC has this pretty easy....BUT if the BB pulls off a KO, it would be ok also...

Even know that the public wants more him knocking out Cormier than contrary. Cormier is the real problem, not you Black Beast. Take your shot and do your best, knock the fuck out the fake person and fake champ.

“I still believe Stipe probably should have been next, because all the people that lost their belt, they got the title shot right back as soon as they lost it, they got the rematch,” Lewis said. “It is what it is. But I’m happy and grateful for the opportunity.”

uhhhhh?

Back