Bavaria orders public buildings to have crucifix as of 01 July.

^^^^^^
It's a fucking symbol. Kind of like the cross on many flags.
Not sure why it rustles so many people.

Maybe because it offends non religious people and those of other religions?

I accept the non-religious aspect, even if I don't quite understand it. It's really just a symbol and has no binding connotation to it.

On those people of other religions, see, this is precisely where that ceases to be our problem, as Westerners.

I accept the non-religious aspect, even if I don't quite understand it. It's really just a symbol and has no binding connotation to it.
That is a naive way of seeing the world. You cannot expunge all of that is signified by the symbol. It is a Christian symbol and it represents many things mainly religious and historical.

On those people of other religions, see, this is precisely where that ceases to be our problem, as Westerners.
Exactly. You associate the symbol of the cross, with all its history, values, tradition, etc., with the West. If not necessarily a religious thing it exemplifies an opposition and antagonism between the West and the rest of the world.

^^^^^^
It's a fucking symbol. Kind of like the cross on many flags.
Not sure why it rustles so many people.

When your government purports to be secular, but shows reverence to religious iconography, it kinda casts doubt on that whole secular thing.

Why do the crosses need to be consecrated? If it's just a culture symbol, all the extra ceremonial shit around it shouldn't matter. It's like I walk into your place of business, there's rows of pews, a priest at the altar, confessional booths, but you tell me it's a Jamba Juice.

Oh my mistake. You know how dumb us American’s are.

A little-known fact that no one asked for.
When the Weimar Republic tried to deport Hitler to Austrian after his involvement in the coup attempt.
Austria argued it is not possible because he has lost his Austrian citizenship by joining the German Army in WW1.
So I guess technically the Austrians are right trying to convince everyone Hitler wasn't Austrian at the time he did his worst stuff.

Over the years, I've come to appreciate that we're either going to hang crosses, or we're going to hang sickles. Either commie ones or muslim ones.

Over the years, I've come to appreciate that we're either going to hang crosses, or we're going to hang sickles. Either commie ones or muslim ones.
Muslims don’t have crosses, they view it as idolatry and a popular saying among jihadists is that they will “break the cross”

Muslims don’t have crosses, they view it as idolatry and a popular saying among jihadists is that they will “break the cross”

Screenshot-57.png

main-qimg-a3216f90141f38168274d7ca2b98bd0b

Islam is both a political and religious ideology. Placing their religious symbols and sayings on flags, and then planting those flags - is essentially the same thing as hanging a cross.

Islam is both a political and religious ideology. Placing their religious symbols and sayings on flags, and then planting those flags - is essentially the same thing as hanging a cross.

All religious ideologies are also political ideologies.
To varying degrees of course.

They don't pray to these symbols. Christians pray to the cross.

If you don't believe in religion, how can you be offended by the symbol of one? I'm religious, but I've never been offended seeing satanic artwork on album covers. I'm not offended when I see Islamic or Hindu symbols - I just ignore them cause that's what adults do when they see things that don't conform to their world view.

Back