Bavaria orders public buildings to have crucifix as of 01 July.

A Cross on its own [aka no Jesus on it] isn't necessarily a religious symbol. A cross can also be a symbol of hope and help [Hospitals use the cross for a reason. And not religious]
a cross isnt..... but a crucifix is

A Cross on its own [aka no Jesus on it] isn't necessarily a religious symbol. A cross can also be a symbol of hope and help [Hospitals use the cross for a reason. And not religious]

You know the medical cross is derived from the red cross symbol which is a derivation of the Swiss flag right?

what are you some butthurt catholic? please tell me you are not religious otherwise just be quiet.
I meant all forms of Christianity (and all religions) are a bunch of lies and fantastic stories.

We pray to God - sometimes in front of a cross.
There is no God, hence you are praying to a cross. You kiss it and talk to it lol as if it were a person. There are no persons other than the ones with bodies that we know of.

Trying to be secular only opened the doors for Islam.
I don't care which version of the near Eastern sky fairy people want to worship on their own time at home or designated places. The courthouse or the DMV is neither the appropriate time or place if we're calling ourselves secular.

how can they hang a religious symbol yet not view it as a religious symbol? doesnt that kind of defeat the purpose??

religion shouldnt have any influence on a secular society, people should have access to it but thats all
It's like hanging swastikas and saying they have nothing to do with Nazism.

I still don't understand how it offends you. Does Santa offend you as well? Christmas decoration on govt buildings?
There is no mention of Santa in the Bible. People do not pray to Santa. It is a tradition corporations have taken over to profit from.

I don't see why private verses state use would change if you're offended or not. Germany isn't going to start forming the New Holy Roman Empire - it isn't dangerous.
As I said, I am fine with private use. State used not cool. I'd rather they use the money for something else, Christmas decor or fireworks for New Year.

Shit is beyond stupid. Religion is cancer. I'd make a new hobby out of turning them all upside down.

There is no God, hence you are praying to a cross. You kiss it and talk to it lol as if it were a person. There are no persons other than the ones with bodies that we know of.

I've never kissed a cross in my life nor talked to one. Why is it that non-religious people seem to "know" so much about religious people?

Mmm... no.

If you want to debate the Holy Trinity with me, let's take it to off topic.

But to give a cliff notes version, why would Jesus pray to God if they were "the same"?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prayers_of_Jesus

And yes, Catholics, and some other Christians pray to the Saints, Mary, and Martyrs. Even the Angels.

https://www.catholic.com/tract/praying-to-the-saints

So what you believe that Jesus has two natures, one divine the other human. It is still a fantastic story, just like the stories of the Greeks and Persians.

I meant all forms of Christianity (and all religions) are a bunch of lies and fantastic stories.

okay but some are more stupid then others. for example if the original story is stupid then even stupider is those who claim to be successor to original but change a ton of shit and then obviously make up shit but say ´´oh god changed his mind 2000/3000 years in and now XYZJDJDJEJEJEJ is no longer allowed or we not longer have to follow these xyzjsjadjdjdj rules!

I've never kissed a cross in my life nor talked to one. Why is it that non-religious people seem to "know" so much about religious people?
because us non-religious folk were made to do all the stupid stuff religious folk do when we were younger

we had questions, they couldnt provide any decent answers

It's called learning from experience. The more we see something happen the more likely it is that we will see it happen again in the future. Where I come from every time someone pull out his rosary beads or a cross on his chain they will kiss it. It's like a lucky charm. More to do with humans being prone to superstition than anything.

So what you believe that Jesus has two natures, one divine the other human. It is still a fantastic story, just like the stories of the Greeks and Persians.

Of course it is.

But, sort of how we introduce mild strains of viruses to our children to build their resistances to disease... our culture needs to be vaccinated against the evil ideologies of the world.

Islam and Communism are, to me, far more dangerous and sick than the tepid form of Christianity in 2018.

So yes, hang those crosses. Praise Jesus. Amen.

okay but some are more stupid then others. for example if the original story is stupid then even stupider is those who claim to be successor to original but change a ton of shit and then obviously make up shit but say ´´oh god changed his mind 2000/3000 years in and now XYZJDJDJEJEJEJ is no longer allowed or we not longer have to follow these xyzjsjadjdjdj rules!
They are all stupid. It is not something that comes in degrees of stupidity. They are invented stories. Whether you find one more sensible or reasonable than the others is your own subjective way of seeing it, it is not a property of the religion.

You know the medical cross is derived from the red cross symbol which is a derivation of the Swiss flag right?

Yes but without a dead jew hanging from it it's possible to see a cross in different ways .

because us non-religious folk were made to do all the stupid stuff religious folk do when we were younger

we had questions, they couldnt provide any decent answers

And you've talked to and kissed crosses?

Back