Batman vs. Thanos, who win wins

This is why I bring up the writing. Of course Thanos will have the more impressive resume -he's written to interact with more powerful beings so you see his full powers on display much more often. I mean, Apoc doesn't need to go all out when fighting fucking Wolverine lol.

I don't think they'd need to level up Apoc tbh -I think they'd nearly have to let him run into some of these more powered characters and put him in situations where he isn't fighting characters he'll under estimate like the X-Men who he knows he has more power than. This way, Apoc shows up knowing he has to fight and use all the power he has right then and there. I think it would be interesting to see him in that situation.

Well we can only go with what's happened. I think his rivalry with the X-men is played out. The whole point of the character is he wants to be the strongest. As soon as he got killed by Black Bolt the first time, good writing would have had him evolve as a character

"Holy shit I've been worried about taking over Earth and leading the mutants here as the next step in evolution, but it turns out there are guys out there that are 10x or 100x more powerful than anyone on earth. This is all pointless, time for a change"

But that's not the route they've gone, they've just run him into the ground jobbing to Cable, the X-men, Magneto, Black Bolt, etc. He seems less powerful now than when he was introduced in the 80s. I'd like to see them make him a cosmic level villain and give him a power boost, hasn't happened yet. I liked the freaking cartton apocalypse the best. It took all of earths psionics working together just to contain him.

I agree with most of this. It plays into my point about him. He isn't written much outside the realm of Earth -but dude has a lot of the same powers on paper as a lot of the Space posse.

Well with the powerset he has on paper he shouldn't job so much, for sure. They did the same thing to Darkseid. His omega beams used to flat out erase you from existence. Fast forward to the 90's and Superman is just tanking them while beating his ass. Once I read an issue where freaking Mary Marvel deflected them. I was pissed.

Well we can only go with what's happened. I think his rivalry with the X-men is played out. The whole point of the character is he wants to be the strongest. As soon as he got killed by Black Bolt the first time, good writing would have had him evolve as a character

"Holy shit I've been worried about taking over Earth and leading the mutants here as the next step in evolution, but it turns out there are guys out there that are 10x or 100x more powerful than anyone on earth. This is all pointless, time for a change"

But that's not the route they've gone, they've just run him into the ground jobbing to Cable, the X-men, Magneto, Black Bolt, etc. He seems less powerful now than when he was introduced in the 80s. I'd like to see them make him a cosmic level villain and give him a power boost, hasn't happened yet. I liked the freaking cartton apocalypse the best. It took all of earths psionics working together just to contain him.

He doesn't evlove much because he doesn't really have to. He's a villain, so he has to lose at some point. So if he keeps dicking with the same crew over and over (X-Men) -he can't be unleashed too far beyond what those characters are capable of handling or else readers just aren't going to buy into it. His MacGuffin's are retarded at this point because the readers know what he can do, and what he winds up doing.

That's why we're here hashing this out. I'm suggesting a meeting between he and Thanos because not only is it time, but Apoc has the power to make it believable to readers.

Well with the powerset he has on paper he shouldn't job so much, for sure. They did the same thing to Darkseid. His omega beams used to flat out erase you from existence. Fast forward to the 90's and Superman is just tanking them while beating his ass. Once I read an issue where freaking Mary Marvel deflected them. I was pissed.

Yeah, but at least Supes qualifies as part of the Space Posse (albeit DC not Marvel). Supes has been over powered at times too (Prime) so Darkseid losing to him isn't un-sellable.

He doesn't evlove much because he doesn't really have to. He's a villain, so he has to lose at some point. So if he keeps dicking with the same crew over and over (X-Men) -he can't be unleashed too far beyond what those characters are capable of handling or else readers just aren't going to buy into it. His MacGuffin's are retarded at this point because the readers know what he can do, and what he winds up doing.

That's why we're here hashing this out. I'm suggesting a meeting between he and Thanos because not only is it time, but Apoc has the power to make it believable to readers.

Yeah, but at least Supes qualifies as part of the Space Posse (albeit DC not Marvel). Supes has been over powered at times too (Prime) so Darkseid losing to him isn't un-sellable.

Considering Prime darkseid could one shot kryptonians, it's kind of crappy. Darkseid actually has the same problem as Poc. Both started as savages and were steadily nerfed over the years until they became caricatures of themselves. In comparison Thanos has consistently been a savage.

When Apocalypse first showed up in the 80's he was actually much stronger than he is now. He's got so many powerss he never uses you have to wonder if he even has them anymore. He's a fan favorite so I wish they'd do more with him. He's ultimately been used as a tool by the X-men, as various members show off a new powerup by kicking his ass.

Whether or not she has casual access is not the point, the point is Thanos walking the X-Men without a second thought is an ambitious statement because of her potential. If she becomes Dark Phoenix in the middle of a fight with Thanos, he's in deep fucking shit.

Not sure about Darkseid tbh, but I was under the impression he is 'Godlike' in the DC universe

Mike Holmes' original point is that non-Phoenix Xmen regularly stomp Apocan and Thanos would easily wreck non-Phoenix Xmen

Anyways this thread is kinda getting derailed

Let's get back to the Galactus talk

The only Batman that could beat Thanos
venom_batman_by_algiark-d8whyj7.jpg

Anyways this thread is kinda getting derailed

Let's get back to the Galactus talk
Lol you mean Batman vs Thanos? Thanos stomps him quickly and easily

/thread

Apocalypse stays on earth for a reason... Thanos would make him obsolete.

The Bat would be broken

Let's not pretend an American playboy billionaire can beat him

But seriously Batman would win via plot

Thanos was originally a darkseid clone, but they've written his character really well, to the point where he's much more interesting than darkseid has ever been.

Batman's a wannabe goth pansy and Thanos is an emo bitch.

I like Batman too, but it just gets ridiculous with him after awhile. There was a video on Youtube awhile ago (couldn't find it now) where it shows what would really happen if he fought super powered people and it was him getting blown up or destroyed instantly. Pretty funny.

Rewind to the 70s, and Darkseid had to bluff his way, while his Omega Rays powered up, out of an asskikcking at the hands of the Forever People.

DSZDGLt.jpg

I'm not a fan of the powering up of characters.

The appeal of Darkseid, to me, was how he used intrigue to get others to do his bidding.

It makes sense that his ultimate prize would be the Anti-life Equation by which he could simply command others to do his bidding.

Rewind to the 70s, and Darkseid had to bluff his way, while his Omega Rays powered up, out of an asskikcking at the hands of the Forever People.

DSZDGLt.jpg

I'm not a fan of the powering up of characters.

The appeal of Darkseid, to me, was how he used intrigue to get others to do his bidding.

It makes sense that his ultimate prize would be the Anti-life Equation by which he could simply command others to do his bidding.

I don't know anything about the forever people to know what power level they're on. I know that for a long time just like Thanos, he could beat down entire superhero teams with ease. He once put the kryptonian Monel into a coma with a single pimp slap IIRC.

He went from someone the entire JLA couldn't beat to someone that Superman can beat the crap out of. Quite a power nerf compared to Thanos, who still generally beats up everyone not at super high cosmic level.

Back