Barbara Bush in failing health. UPDATE: Barbara Bush has died at 92

I want to kick W in the nuts every time I fly commercial. TSA
Yeah it's a pain but I suppose it's the price we pay to prevent further attacks. The Iraq war aside, I don't know how much of a hands-on and in-the-know President he was.

RIP lady, but her husband and son still ain't getting Christmas card from me.

Yeah it's a pain but I suppose it's the price we pay to prevent further attacks. The Iraq war aside, I don't know how much of a hands-on and in-the-know President he was.
Benjamin Franklin nailed this one

Benjamin Franklin nailed this one
Yeah I know and agree with what he said. But flying is a luxury , not a right, so I don't mind the heavy security. What's worse is economy class leg-room. I always wait to the very end to buy tickets so the price difference in buying business class is noticeable.

DHS, as well he deserves more than a kick in the nuts for that

Yeah I know and agree with what he said. But flying is a luxury , not a right, so I don't mind the heavy security. What's worse is economy class leg-room. I always wait to the very end to buy tickets so the price difference in buying business class is noticeable.
Yeah having a bunch of lowlife perverts and morons with god complexes fucking with you make complete sense, they have no concept of their actual job, failing at a 95% clip

RIP.
She seemed like a lovely lady. Although I must admit, I'm basing all of my knowledge of her from that one Simpsons episode.

8032177483_f2c5a450dc_o.jpg

R.I.P.

My prayers to the Bush family in their time of loss.

I didn't realize people here liked her. Nobody really talked about her.
Its not really about liking or hating her. She spent a chunk of her life contributing to those less fortunate. She was a good person for what she did and deserves respect and admiration for her service, no matter what political party she was associated with.

WR is a dumber fire with some of these comments, to think Soda got ran off for way less.... if anyone on the right wish I’ll will for Hillary’s health they can go to hell to
eh, there's always a few fuckfaces who have to show how edgy they are in these RIP threads.

Its not really about liking or hating her. She spent a chunk of her life contributing to those less fortunate. She was a good person for what she did and deserves respect and admiration for her service, no matter what political party she was associated with.
I listened to a guy today involved with her illeteracy program that said idvwas genuine and effective

Barbara Bush, Wife of 41st President and Mother of 43rd, Dies at 92
By ENID NEMY APRIL 17, 2018

00bush-barbara3-master675.jpg

Mrs. Bush reading to children at a day care center in New York in 1990. Literacy and civil rights were two causes she championed.​

As the wife of the 41st president and the mother of the 43rd, George W. Bush, Mrs. Bush was only the second woman in American history to have a son of hers follow his father to the White House. (Abigail Adams, wife of John Adams and mother of John Quincy Adams, was the first.)

Mrs. Bush enjoyed a favorable public image throughout her years as first lady. In one respect she benefited from comparisons with her predecessor, Nancy Reagan, whom many perceived, rightly or wrongly, as remote, icy and overly style-conscious.

By contrast, Mrs. Bush was regarded as unpretentious, a woman who could wear fake pearls, enjoy takeout tacos, walk the dog in her bathrobe and make fun of herself. Perhaps adding to her appeal, she conformed to the popular view of an old-fashioned grandmother, with her white hair and matronly figure; though she was almost a year younger than her husband, many thought she looked much older.

Part of Mrs. Bush’s popularity stemmed from her penchant for self-deprecation. Soon after moving into the White House, she said, “My mail tells me a lot of fat, white-haired, wrinkled ladies are tickled pink.”

A lifelong volunteer for charitable causes, Mrs. Bush raised money for the United Negro College Fund while in New Haven, started a thrift shop in Midland and volunteered in nursing homes and hospitals in Houston, Washington and New York. Her son Neil’s dyslexia led to her interest in fighting illiteracy.

In her eight years as the wife of the vice president, she attended more than 500 events related to literacy, and after she became first lady she started the Barbara Bush Foundation for Family Literacy. The profits from her book “C. Fred’s Story: A Dog’s Life” (1984), a wry look at Washington life as seen by her dog, and from a follow-up based on another family dog, “Millie’s Book: As Dictated to Barbara Bush” (1990), went to literacy causes.

Mrs. Bush hoped her contributions to those causes would form a large part of her legacy.

“I want to be known as a wife, a mother, a grandmother,” she wrote in 1988. “That’s what I am. And I’d like to be known as someone who really cared about people and worked very, very hard to make America more literate.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/17/us/barbara-bush-dead.html

Back