BARAO VS STEPHENS is Very Interesting

I think he was confused because the push probably came out of nowhere for him. His head was down and it didn't appear that he was trying to get in Stephens face

kinda looked like Stephens was aware of that too or could have been. Not sure he had to push him.

I think Barao is the far superior fighter, but Stephens still has a ton of KO power late in fights. Its gonna be an awesome fight either way

I think Barao had no idea how close Stephens was. He wasn't trying to get in his face or anything. That's how I interpreted it anyway haha

I hope Stephens gets stretched. Have never liked the guy.

*Sadly, I think those Dill fights took alot out of Barao.

I think Barao is shopworn now. TJ putting those savage beatings on him and those horrific nosferatu weightcuts took a lot of the fight of Renan IMO. I expect Stephens to TKO Renan at some point.
Would be happy to see him have new life at FW though, as I do like him a lot as a fighter.

If he remains technical with his punches and kicks he should be able to pick him apart. Unfortunately Barao has a tendancy to go a little wild...

c'mon guys, Barao has only been knocked out by TJ and that was due to godlike footwork. Footwork that Stephens doesnt have. The Baron by decision.

If anyone wasn't looking and pushed unexpectedly they too would be caught off guard.

Stephens is one of those guys where the more I hear him talk the less I like him. He's legit though. A threat at FW and LW. Can't hate that too much.

Well there is a difference between not liking a fighter personally but recognizing he's good and just not liking a guy and disregarding his talent. I am the first.

I went with my gut and picked Stephens by KO. My thought is Renan has some adjusting to do with his move to FW. Putting him up against likely the biggest hitter in the division might be a disaster in his first outing. Jeremy has certainly proven susceptible to the being hit on the feet, so we'll see who lays down the leather first and how the other reacts to it.

Fuck, Stephens was already a hitter at LW. Seems like a rough welcome to give Barao at FW.

Well there is a difference between not liking a fighter personally but recognizing he's good and just not liking a guy and disregarding his talent. I am the first.

agreed. I ain't got time to hate.

Stephens hits hard, but I've never seen the MASSIVE ONE PUNCH ZOMG power from him.

He's as big of a KO threat as most strikers IMO.

I don't think Jeremy Stephens is nearly as good as you guys are making him out to be. He doesn't go in there like some killer throwing balls to the wall. He's tried plenty of times to turn fights into boring grappling contests despite not being a particularly good grappler and having lethal knockout power. If Barao tags him early or is too fast for him, expect Stephens to go into wrestler. mode. He's not as dangerous as you guys make him out to be or he'd have finished guys like Charles "Fetal Position" Oliviera and a post-Sam Stout KTFO'd Yves Edwards.

Didn't Stephens get concussed by a past his prime Yves Edwards? I think it's safe to say Barao is at least as fast and technical as Yves was back then. Then again, it's hard to say how worn out Barao himself is at this point. Very interesting fight indeed.

Weigh in summary
cgzlSck.gif

Barao is getting KTFO. He looked scared when stephens pushed him at the weigh ins.

Barao is finished.

Barao is getting KTFO. He looked scared when stephens pushed him at the weigh ins.

Barao is finished.
Dude was like a deer in headlights when he got pushed. He just froze until Jeremy put his arms up and it finally snapped him out of the trance. His mental state is weird.

Back