BARAO VS STEPHENS is Very Interesting

I think Barao had no idea how close Stephens was. He wasn't trying to get in his face or anything. That's how I interpreted it anyway haha

Dana going for that sun-kissed look.

Barao should win but there are a couple scenarios where Stephens could win.

I think Barao had no idea how close Stephens was. He wasn't trying to get in his face or anything. That's how I interpreted it anyway haha

good lord..almost shoved the life out of him

Stephens is a wild man, I think he's going to cut through Barao like a buzzsaw.

I went with my gut and picked Stephens by KO. My thought is Renan has some adjusting to do with his move to FW. Putting him up against likely the biggest hitter in the division might be a disaster in his first outing. Jeremy has certainly proven susceptible to the being hit on the feet, so we'll see who lays down the leather first and how the other reacts to it.
The thing is, Renan has to be methodical and play a more kick heavy game to keep his distance. He's sometimes too comfortable exchanging strikes in the pocket, almost like a brawler. I think that was spell trouble against a power puncher like Stephens.

Damn, Stephens straight up sonned him.

Alpha.

Jeremy is also the guy who KO'ed Dos Anjos in that epic high light reel uppercut.

maxresdefault.jpg

Speaking of Stephens's HL reel:

10002666.jpg

I see a lot of people happy when a Brazilian loses his belt. Saying no one is anti-Brazilian is stoopid, I imagine a couple of people on this Earth are.
There's going to be someone that is anti-whatever if you look hard enough. I don't think the majority of Sherdog is against any nationality. We just want to see the best fights. Sometimes we'll pick a Brazilian fighter and other we'll pick against them. That's just part of being a fan.

Last edited:
Gonna be a good one, competitive fight. Although, after the shove at the weigh ins I hope that Barao knocks Stephens out really bad, never liked him personally and this only adds to it

Gonna be a good one, competitive fight. Although, after the shove at the weigh ins I hope that Barao knocks Stephens out really bad, never liked him personally and this only adds to it

Stephens is one of those guys where the more I hear him talk the less I like him. He's legit though. A threat at FW and LW. Can't hate that too much.

I really hope Barao can pull this, dude needs a good win, also not a fan of Stephen tho....

I see a lot of people happy when a Brazilian loses his belt. Saying no one is anti-Brazilian is stoopid, I imagine a couple of people on this Earth are.
Fair enough, I guess it just seems like paranoia to act as if it's prevalent or all that commonplace.

stephens is much bigger and has the power to put his lights out, Barao better be on his bike or carry the power up like lineker

Barao is a former champ at a lower weight class and at one point looked nearly unstoppable. I think it's a deceptively dangerous fight for Barao because Stephens' ranking doesn't reflect how much of a threat he is in this particular fight. he's a bad match up for Barao due to his physicality and brutality. Stephens is a guy that cuts a lot to make FW and at one point, these guy were 2 weight classes apart. Jeremy is also the guy who KO'ed Dos Anjos in that epic high light reel uppercut.

maxresdefault.jpg
Jeremy is acting overly cocky and I hope he gets some humble pie!

Jeremy is acting overly cocky and I hope he gets some humble pie!
He's always been cocky and somewhat abrasive, but I think he's extremely hungry for a win. He's 2-3 in his last 5.

When Jeremy pushed Barao at the weigh-ins it looked like it changed Barao's excitement. He seemed lost and that gave me some concern. He might still have some mental problems after those TJ fights.

I think he was confused because the push probably came out of nowhere for him. His head was down and it didn't appear that he was trying to get in Stephens face

I was surprised UFC gave Barao a opponent like Stephens to be honest, he fought most of his career at LW too, he is big for the weight class. I never forget when he nearly broke RDA's face in half with that brutal KO. he packs a serious punch, in both hands. I'm not feeling its a good fight for Barao, especially in a 3 rounder where Stephens can let go.
Former champ in a lower weight not surprised he gotta prove that he belongs in the higher weight class. I think it's a good test for him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back