Bannon Is The Best Human In The Trump WH (Seriously)

When is the last time someone on the right proposed a fairly significant tax increase on the richest Americans?

Probably never. Maybe one of the moderate ones.

But what I find bizarre is that he implies that Democrats are too busy with social issues to care about things like this.

Fucking seriously? Bernie was disparaged as being a one-issue candidate because of how often he railed against "Wall Street billionaihz!" Hillary obviously wasn't genuine but even she mentioned it over and over again.

So he can "crush" the Democrats by passing one of their key legislative pieces. Oooooookay.

Probably never. Maybe one of the moderate ones.

But what I find bizarre is that he implies that Democrats are too busy with social issues to care about things like this.

Fucking seriously? Bernie was disparaged as being a one-issue candidate because of how often he railed against "Wall Street billionaihz!" Hillary obviously wasn't genuine but even she mentioned it over and over again.

So he can "crush" the Democrats by passing one of their key legislative pieces. Oooooookay.

The crazy part is that Bannon and Trump spent most of the campaign using identity politics as a substitute for economic issues instead of discussing the actual economic issues themselves.

The crazy part is that Bannon and Trump spent most of the campaign using identity politics as a substitute for economic issues instead of discussing the actual economic issues themselves.

It really makes zero sense.

The only thing I can think of is that "economic nationalism" means "kicking China's ass." That also is vague and doesn't mean much but at least it's not ass backwards as healthcare, taxing the rich, etc.

The only thing I can think of is that "economic nationalism" means "kicking China's ass." That also is vague and doesn't mean much but at least it's not ass backwards as healthcare, taxing the rich, etc.

I think that to Bannon, that's probably closest to the truth. So he's hyping up the America First rhetoric towards that goal with no concern about the social impact within the country.

If he (and Trump) just came out and spent all of his time directly attacking China with rhetoric, he'd get the same results without fraying the social fabric of the nation.

I don't really agree with the approach (I'd rather see higher estate taxes and a national property tax as ways to increase tax progressiveness than higher taxes), but, yeah, I'd be happy to "lose" politically by having people I didn't vote for enact good policy.

I thought that de-emphasizing economic policy issues itself implied a different economic agenda (in terms of perception). The GOP's economic agenda (regressive tax cuts paid for by cuts to domestic discretionary programs and entitlements) has long been pretty unpopular with its own voters and obviously even more unpopular with the electorate as a whole. By running on identity politics instead of that, he theoretically was able to broaden his base (actually got fewer votes than Romney, though, but there were other factors at play). I also think that promising *not* to cut entitlements helped him a lot in the primary.

DHhqIJmUMAAVqy4.jpg

RIP Stevey.

Now Trump and his administration can no longer even pretend to be anything other than privatizing, supply-sider, neo-con, textbook right-wingers.

I think that to Bannon, that's probably closest to the truth. So he's hyping up the America First rhetoric towards that goal with no concern about the social impact within the country.

If he (and Trump) just came out and spent all of his time directly attacking China with rhetoric, he'd get the same results without fraying the social fabric of the nation.
I disagree. The identity politics is what got him attention and even people who didn't like or agree with it (like me at first) actually enjoyed that he never took a step back and apologized.

Not playing up the anti-illegal immigrant card, the anti-PC card, and the anti-Muslim one probably means he would have stayed irrelevant.

I disagree. The identity politics is what got him attention and even people who didn't like or agree with it (like me at first) actually enjoyed that he never took a step back and apologized.

Not playing up the anti-illegal immigrant card, the anti-PC card, and the anti-Muslim one probably means he would have stayed irrelevant.

The identity politics is what got them elected, I agree. It's exactly why I think anyone who cries about the left and identity politics is full of it. The entire strategy that Bannon employed was playing up identity politics so he could get Trump into the White house so he could then try and get his economic war with China going. I find the strategy effective but deplorable. And the consequences will far outweigh the gains unless they rein in the identity politics stuff.

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks the media and democrats screaming "Bannon, Bannon, Bannon!" every time there's an incident makes me wonder if they don't want him gone because they know he's the outsider in the group. That he would push the populist stuff more to make Trump look good at the expense of their own special interests.

Either that or he's just a boogeyman for them.

Both sides want conflict because it lets them pass horrific legislation under the radar. Also, people stop caring about problems like Russia, the state of permanent unemployment, hyper inflation, and so on. Politicians like to create problems that don't matter to them so they can pretend they are working for people.

Breitbarts gay/jewish/black editorial roster needed a white guy to validate nazism accusations and Bannon was that white guy.

I wish there was more to it but there really isn't.

KYVJvM1.jpg

Trump Sucking COCs just don't get it .......

Collection of Clowns is right

REAL CONSERVATIVES RISE UP!
No China has adopted the House of Saud's playbook in dealing with the U.S. You just give the elected US officials tons of money and they will look the other way when you do really heinous shit.
China has give Trump an assload of Trademarks.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/08/business/china-trademark-donald-trump.html
This is why Trump never divested, he can use the office to benefit Fred Trumps company which he ran before he became President. Trump is bought and China can keep doing China things with no repercussions.
One of Bannon's ideas I did like, was how he wanted to handle China.

Giving less foreign aid, investing more on infastructure, staying out of costly international conflicts, competing more on exports and upping our manufacturing, going after illegals and employers that are undercutting and going off the books.

Wouldn't most of these fall under economic nationalism?

Back