Bannon Is The Best Human In The Trump WH (Seriously)

ultramanhyata

Reclimbing Like Mountain
@Steel
Reaction score
The guy has been inaccurately portrayed at best and viciously slandered at worst by the MSM. But here are some on-the-money quotes from the man himself, post-Charlottesville, in an interview with progressive news outlet The American Prospect.

"Ethno-nationalism -— it's losers," he said. "It's a fringe element. I think the media plays it up too much, and we gotta help crush it, you know, uh, help crush it more ... These guys are a collection of clowns."

And -

“The Democrats,” he said, “the longer they talk about identity politics, I got ’em. I want them to talk about racism every day. If the left is focused on race and identity, and we go with economic nationalism, we can crush the Democrats.”

And -

"There’s no military solution [to North Korea’s nuclear threats], forget it," he said. "Until somebody solves the part of the equation that shows me that ten million people in Seoul don’t die in the first 30 minutes from conventional weapons, I don’t know what you’re talking about, there’s no military solution here, they got us."

And -

"We're at economic war with China," Bannon said. "It’s in all their literature. They’re not shy about saying what they’re doing. One of us is going to be a hegemon in 25 or 30 years and it’s gonna be them if we go down this path. On Korea, they’re just tapping us along. It’s just a sideshow."

He continued, "To me, the economic war with China is everything. And we have to be maniacally focused on that. If we continue to lose it, we're five years away, I think, ten years at the most, of hitting an inflection point from which we'll never be able to recover."

Bannon's plan to counter China's increasingly strong economic influence is to file a complaint under Section 301 of the 1974 Trade Act against Chinese coercion of technology transfers from American corporations doing business there, and follow-up complaints against steel and aluminum dumping. "We’re going to run the tables on these guys. We’ve come to the conclusion that they’re in an economic war and they’re crushing us.”

http://prospect.org/article/steve-bannon-unrepentant

Trump will leave him a roll of quarters for a cab ride tomorrow.

I don't think he's a bad guy, but he's got some screws loose.

If he thinks for one second that Trump is going to listen to him on economic policy-- or taxes-- or that is his role in the WH is more than PR-- he's wrong.

He might have grander visions and loftier aspirations for what he thinks the Trump presidency can be, but all signs thus far point to the fact that Trump is a standard issue GOP 1%er on economics.

Cliffs: Bannon is the only guy on the payroll pushing any form populist economic policy and the guy pushing the strongest military non-interventionist line.

Plus, outright denouncing/mocking ethno-nationalists.

best human?
Do you mean there is a better non human?

He's a decent guy who once made a comment about his website serving as a platform for the "alt-right" (which he associated as a term to describe rising anti-establishment conservatism among the youth), therefore he is an evil racist Nazi forever.

He has a clearer understanding of China's geo-political objectives, than most.

The guy has been inaccurately portrayed at best and viciously slandered at worst by the MSM. But here are some on-the-money quotes from the man himself, post-Charlottesville, in an interview with progressive news outlet The American Prospect.

"Ethno-nationalism -— it's losers," he said. "It's a fringe element. I think the media plays it up too much, and we gotta help crush it, you know, uh, help crush it more ... These guys are a collection of clowns."

And -

“The Democrats,” he said, “the longer they talk about identity politics, I got ’em. I want them to talk about racism every day. If the left is focused on race and identity, and we go with economic nationalism, we can crush the Democrats.”

And -

"There’s no military solution [to North Korea’s nuclear threats], forget it," he said. "Until somebody solves the part of the equation that shows me that ten million people in Seoul don’t die in the first 30 minutes from conventional weapons, I don’t know what you’re talking about, there’s no military solution here, they got us."

And -

"We're at economic war with China," Bannon said. "It’s in all their literature. They’re not shy about saying what they’re doing. One of us is going to be a hegemon in 25 or 30 years and it’s gonna be them if we go down this path. On Korea, they’re just tapping us along. It’s just a sideshow."

He continued, "To me, the economic war with China is everything. And we have to be maniacally focused on that. If we continue to lose it, we're five years away, I think, ten years at the most, of hitting an inflection point from which we'll never be able to recover."

Bannon's plan to counter China's increasingly strong economic influence is to file a complaint under Section 301 of the 1974 Trade Act against Chinese coercion of technology transfers from American corporations doing business there, and follow-up complaints against steel and aluminum dumping. "We’re going to run the tables on these guys. We’ve come to the conclusion that they’re in an economic war and they’re crushing us.”

He doesn't sound that bad here, but then again he knows he is on the way out and he might be trying to sound more reasonable than Trump in order to keep some political clout.

tug-of-war-ben-garrison_2_orig.jpg

“The media bubble is the ultimate symbol of what’s wrong with this country,” he continues. “It’s just a circle of people talking to themselves who have no f—ing idea what’s going on. If The New York Times didn’t exist, CNN and MSNBC would be a test pattern. The Huffington Post and everything else is predicated on The New York Times. It’s a closed circle of information from which Hillary Clinton got all her information — and her confidence. That was our opening.”

Part of the problem here is that the problem is Trump himself. He lets his temper get in the way and opens his mouth before he thinks. Also he's an admitted globalist.

Bannon thought he could use Trump as an empty vessel for economic nationalism but Trump doesn't have the political skill or desire to advance that agenda and GOP is firmly against it.

His denunciations of ethno-nationalists are bullshit. Bannon either agrees with them or is totally fine with exploiting them win elections.

Occasionally he says something insightful or sane but he's still despicable and I'll laugh my ass off if Trump throws him under the bus.

Must be Fake News because House Minority leader Nancy Pelosi told me Steve Bannon is a white supremacist.
Also, there was a really good and objective CNN report.
Dump imo

Bannon says a lot of stuff. He's also called himself a Leninist and compared himself to Thomas Cromwell, Dick Cheney, Darth Vader and Satan.
The only thing I'd look at as indicative is how he changed Breitbart when he took over and how he runs that.

I actually believe that Ivanka has a good heart.

I sometimes feel sympathy for Melania, but then I remind myself, it was her decision to climb this ladder, and she knew what she was doing. It's a bed of her own making.

And -

And -

And -

The only thing I disagree with is the "10 million people dying in Seoul" thing, especially in half an hour, especially from conventional weapons. That's outright crazy talk. The rest of it is dead on, but you can't really stop China from doing it in a legal sense.

The conspiracy theorist in me thinks the media and democrats screaming "Bannon, Bannon, Bannon!" every time there's an incident makes me wonder if they don't want him gone because they know he's the outsider in the group. That he would push the populist stuff more to make Trump look good at the expense of their own special interests.

Either that or he's just a boogeyman for them.

Back