News Badr Hari announces retirement from Kickboxing, wants to do one last farewell fight in 2024

Good idea?

• Total voters
Maybe he's going to transition to MMA? I think he should.

Badr didn't want any part in a MMA fight vs Reem, eventhough Reem and him had a deal for 1 Kickboxing and 1 MMA fight.
Current Badr would likely get Wrestlefucked into Oblivion by someone like Spivak or Tybura.
Looks like Badr ain’t enjoying the idea of competing in MMA

Though he did train some MMA with Alistair Overeem back in the day (swipe for more pics)
<BC1>

The end of Badr was when he finally made it to the final match of the K-1 WGP, got frustrated that Remmy was having success against him, then threw it all away by stomping Remmy and DQing himself. Dumbest tournament performance in WGP history.

He went on to get KO'ed by Ubereem then as a result got jacked up on steroids himself and found some success being a headhunter scoring the big win over Semmy in It's Showtime and then avenged his Ubereem loss. Then all the legal shit started taking a toll on his mental state. When he straight gave up against Zabit Samedov I knew he couldn't take a serious fight anymore, so he beat up some washed guys in Dubai before going to Glory and hasn't won a fight since.

He's been done for a long time guys. He's been getting by on his name and flashes of offense in fights, but he can't handle someone fighting back. Immediately crumbles.

He doesn't need to go to MMA, he needs to retire and save his brain cells. He has a big enough fanbase that he can be successful doing other shit. Open a gym, a fight gear company, anything that doesn't require him having to fight.

I think most people would agree that prime Badr Hari was considered one of the best kickboxers of all time. He is one of the few guys to KO Semmy Schilt, and was an absolute beast in the mid 2000s.
I don't know what you mean by one of the best of all time. A goat candidate? No way.

Incorrect.

Biggest wasted potential, maybe....or Ignashov. A few extreme highs, but far too many lows.

Depends what you mean one of the best, I guess.
Well he was def a top fighter for a long period.

So he was one of the best of his era at least.

Saying Hari is one of the best of all time feels almost the same as saying McGregor is one of the best of all time in MMA.

He was a genuine top guy at one point, has a solid collection of high level wins but not absurdly long, beat at least one all time great, but like...saying they're one of the best of all time feels weird.

Like a top ten guy of all time in their sport? Because no...their popularity inflates what they've actually accomplished.

One of greatest kickboxers ever? Nah.

His era? What, you mean like the last 10-15 years where the sport was crying out for talent to take over from likes or Aerts, Schilt, Hoost, JLB, Bonjasky etc?
you do know that Hari was in the same Era like Aerts , Remy , Ignashov etc. and that was the golden era of kickboxing.

you do know that Hari was in the same Era like Aerts , Remy , Ignashov etc. and that was the golden era of kickboxing.

There was obviously a crossover, but not really.

He’s 10-15 years younger than most of the “golden era” fighters. Golden era really peaked around 1999. Sure likes of Semmy and Bonjasky came a bit after, but still.

He should have been the figure head of the next generation, but we know how that ended up.

Sure it’s probably fair to say he had his best run when a lot of those guys were still around, but that says more about his wasted potential.

You know he's not actually from their era right? That's like saying Steph Curry, Giannis Antetokounmpo, and Lebron James are from the same era.

Hari is not the same generation as Aerts. I mean Hari is literally still fighting.

There was obviously a crossover, but not really.

He’s 10-15 years younger than most of the “golden era” fighters. Golden era really peaked around 1999. Sure likes of Semmy and Bonjasky came a bit after, but still.

He should have been the figure head of the next generation, but we know how that ended up.

Sure it’s probably fair to say he had his best run when a lot of those guys were still around, but that says more about his wasted potential.
sure he is younger than Hoost ,Aerts and all others but he catched them in their prime.
he was even a kid when he faced Leko the first time, he entered K1 in 2005 , up to 2009 it was also the golden are of K1

You know he's not actually from their era right? That's like saying Steph Curry, Giannis Antetokounmpo, and Lebron James are from the same era.

Hari is not the same generation as Aerts. I mean Hari is literally still fighting.
I didnt say that they started at the same time , Aerts is much older but was still active when Badr came to K1
not only Aerts , most of the K! fighters were still active when Badr entered K1. you cant say he is totally from another generation

Badr was fighting at K1 when K1 was still peak.

sure he is younger than Hoost ,Aerts and all others but he catched them in their prime.

What? Aerts and Hoost were clearly in their prime in the late 90s.

If memory serves Hari fought Aerts once when he was about 40. Can't remember him ever fighting Hoost, who is legit 20 years older than him.

I didnt say that they started at the same time , Aerts is much older but was still active when Badr came to K1
not only Aerts , most of the K! fighters were still active when Badr entered K1. you cant say he is totally from another generation

Badr was fighting at K1 when K1 was still peak.

It's like saying Canelo is the same era as Mayweather or Tyson Fury is the same generation as Klitchko.

It's what happens in sport. As one generation ages out, the next generation take over, normally with a bit of a crossover.....a passing of the torch, if you will.

Was he "totally from another generation", not totally, again their was some crossover, but clearly there was enough separation to say they were different generations.

I don't know what the consencus is, but the golden era for me, ended around 2002 when Sapp beat Hoost.

Last edited:

If memory serves Hari fought Aerts once when he was about 40. Can't remember him ever fighting Hoost, who is legit 20 years older than him.
he never faced Hoost but you know , Hoost was also K1 champ in 2000 and 2002 , lets not say they were far away

It's like saying Canelo is the same era as Mayweather or Tyson Fury is the same generation as Klitchko.

It's what happens in sport. As one generation ages out, the next generation take over, normally with a bit of a crossover.....a passing of the torch, if you will.

Was he "totally from another generation", not
it is def. not like that, Hoost retired from K1 in 2006 but Aerst retired ifrom K1 n 2010 and kept fighting in other ( because no K! anymore ) org. , which means Badr and Aerts we fighting for the same organization 5 years.
but again , I am not saying they are at the same again , but they shared the organization 5 years together

he never faced Hoost but you know , Hoost was also K1 champ in 2000 and 2002 , lets not say they were far away

I didn't say they were far away......but far enough away to be considered different eras.

it is def. not like that, Hoost retired from K1 in 2006 but Aerst retired ifrom K1 n 2010 and kept fighting in other ( because no K! anymore ) org. , which means Badr and Aerts we fighting for the same organization 5 years.
but again , I am not saying they are at the same again , but they shared the organization 5 years together

LOL the 2 boxing examples I listed were literally guys who fought each other, and who's careers crossed over for several years, too.

Basically the perfect comparison.

Badr was more-so in the FEG Tanikawa freak show era than the Golden Era of K-1.

Zero K-1 WGP wins. Some great knockouts, but so did a lot of other guys that also managed to win a WGP.

Badr is more in the level of guys like Mike Bernardo and Jerome Le Banner, not Hoost, Aerts, Semmy...

Hoost retired in 2006. So they didnt have much of a chance to clash.

Badr was more-so in the FEG Tanikawa freak show era than the Golden Era of K-1.

Zero K-1 WGP wins. Some great knockouts, but so did a lot of other guys that also managed to win a WGP.

Badr is more in the level of guys like Mike Bernardo and Jerome Le Banner, not Hoost, Aerts, Semmy...

Was exactly thinking of Bernardo. No one would ever call Bernardo an all time great even though he was a guy always in the mix with the big boys.

Back