News Badr Hari announces retirement from Kickboxing, wants to do one last farewell fight in 2024

Good idea?

• Total voters
If he's gonna have another fight, he needs to show more toughness and grit than what he showed in that last performance. That was pitiful

He is losing to guys that he would have killed years ago. If Hari was healthy he would kill a guy like Rico but now he falls short against scrubs. It's amazing a guy like Aerts fought for such a long time a the the top of his game.

He is going to need another K1 legend with a name following.

Can Aerts or LeBanner squirt some more test for a last shuffle around?

I dont read a ton of the kickboxing press but I'm actually shocked he's remained as respected a name for as long as he has. He hasn't had an official win in over 8 years (!!!!). And I don't think he's had any win at all in over 5 years (i think that one was NC'd after a PED test).

Anyway, best of luck to the guy. I remember Mike Tyson once called Hari his favorite fighter

Edit: Also, is there no Dutch phrase for "What's next..."?

Last edited:
I dont read a ton of the kickboxing press but I'm actually shocked he's remained as respected a name for as long as he has. He hasn't had an official win in over 8 years (!!!!). And I don't think he's had any win at all in over 5 years (i think that one was NC'd after a PED test).

Anyway, best of luck to the guy. I remember Mike Tyson once called Hari his favorite fighter

Oh don't get it twisted, he hasn't been respected by Kickboxing fans in a long time. He just manages to draw in a big largely Moroccan crowd so Glory has been milking it. For most of us it's been pretty embarrassing to watch.

Oh don't get it twisted, he hasn't been respected by Kickboxing fans in a long time. He just manages to draw in a big largely Moroccan crowd so Glory has been milking it. For most of us it's been pretty embarrassing to watch.
I agree.

For several years, he showed flashes of his diminishing potential, and what are now only remnants.

He's an enigma to me. "Could have been" X, Y, Z contender but his persona outshone his achievements.

At his best, I'd have banked on his ability to beat or stifle any other kickboxer at their best. He had some amazing wins.
But coulda woulda shoulda. His fans have biased memory. In my eyes he is no Aerts, Schilt, Bonjasky, Hoost.

A shame.

@BoxerMaurits not sure whether you intended the poll to be about Badr retiring, or that he wants one last fight, but i think that's why the votes are split.

What’s

What’s Semmy up to these days? There’s also mark hunt. Gokhan. They also just signed Melvin. Sapp is also somewhat active

What’s

What’s Semmy up to these days? There’s also mark hunt. Gokhan. They also just signed Melvin. Sapp is also somewhat active
I saw him teaching some Karate class not too long ago in a video, Hoost seems to be into coaching as well nowadays.

Doesn't make sense
Aerts was already old when Badr beat him 15 years ago.
Jlb is ancient

I say the original McSweeney match up sounds good. Howeger Sweeney doesn't have name value. Maybe Remy comes out again. He's ling retired. Can't think of a name. Something he wins but appeals to the general public.

His losses made sense and all his fights are bangers. He is a Kickboxing great, like it or not. He almost beat the champ realtively recently. The new guys came in and it's time to pass the torch.
It's too much at this point. But OG career.

And to reply to the Saki suggestion, Gokhan already lost twice to him, so a pass from me.

Not a lot of retired big names wanna fight him I think. Badr still hits hard and is aggressive.

He's not going to fight a big name, I wouldn't expect that. Makes zero sense to roll out some old retired name fighter for a retirement fight for Badr.

I think McSweeny is the best choice and he deserves it, but honestly he may even beat Badr at this point. Still probably the best option unless they want to bring out a total scrub to let Badr go out on a win.

Last edited:
He's not going to fight a big name, I wouldn't expect that. Makes zero sense to roll out some old retired name fighter for a retirement fight for Badr.

I think McSweeny is the best choice and he deserves it, but honestly he may even beat Badr at this point. Still probably the bet option unless they want to bring out a total scrub to let Badr go out on a win.
He just got wrecked by a c-level fighter. Who can they realistically get to lose to Badr? Someone who's 0-0?

So what do you think @BoxerMaurits , is he getting some beatable HW fighter as a last match, or are they going to give him a big name and try to sell out a football stadium? I think that would be a huge risk..

Back