Locked AVENGERS: INFINITY WAR v.4 (April 27 U.S. Release; Six Untitled MCU Films Get Release Dates)

How much will Infinity War earn in the U.S. after its theatrical run?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rushing to shoehorn in popular characters for fan service at the expense of story and character development is a DC move. No offense but costume design is mainly a concern of hardcore comic book nerds and has little effect on quality. Logan never wears his yellow suit, didn't stop it from being an awesome movie.

Costumes help set the tone of the movie. Color palette does too. Everyone experiences this whether they can properly articulate it or not afterwards.

Spiderman appearing in Civil War was pure fan service and everyone loved it. Did Tony really need to commandeer a teenage boy to fight for him when he had The Vision and Rhodey? No!
The big difference here is this is pretty much the end of the line for this phase of Marvel Movies. DC tried to build a franchise in 3 movies but IW 2 will be Marvel's 22nd movie. So if Wolverine gets portal jumped into IW2 and then portal jumped out of IW2 people will be smiling. It's an easy enough to understand scenario. The people that go "well uhhhh, are there mutants now in this universe?" or "Geeez they should have casted a new Wolverine for that!" are probably no fun people anyway. Universe is ending. Everyone will get re-cast after the re-boot.

You're absolutely right. The line will actually be "There's a school I heard about in Upstate New York...."

Because no one in the MCU has ever heard of mutants, despite rampant mutant discrimination in the Fox universe. They've never heard of that school of mutants who have saved the world multiple times. They've never heard of that guy named Apocalypse who disabled all of the world's nukes and tried to take it over. They've never heard of Magneto. Put some thought into it man. They'd have to reboot the X-Men entirely for that one line to make sense. And if they do reboot they'd have to dedicate an entire movie to explaining wtf mutants are and develop the individual characters, not throw them randomly into the Thanos storyline which they have already completed and already has too many characters.

I pointed out your negativity over the subject and your reaction to other posters comments. Are you saying your reaction has been anything other than negative about this whole possibility?

Point out all this "negativity" you delicate little whiner. I said something was stupid and explained why. While discussing it, you decided to abandon the topic and try to talk about how I was feeling. So try again. The only one jumping off discussions to call people angry around here is you,

Why do you perceive that as an insult or is it suddenly some faux anger over my calling you out on it

Where did I say I perceived it as an insult? Honestly, I wish I were a "young fellow", I'm mid-30's and feeling it. You clearly intended it as an insult because it came at the same time you decided to start going off topic to say I'm angry. But I perceived it as you finally realizing why your idea was stupid and having trouble coping with it.

Also, clearly my 'yo momma' was in gest to your 'face is ugly' joke

No shit, that'd be why I asked you to post more like that. You know, playful jesting, not delicate whining.

however I can see that you don't like being called out on your negative style of 'discussing' since you've opted to try and spin it on me as my fault.

No I don't like weak idiots jumping off topic to try and discuss the emotional state of the person they're talking to, just because they no longer have any good points. Like exactly... what... you... just.... did.

:)

I bid you good day, sir, and I wish you and yours a wonderful happy holidays.

I hope your holidays suck you whiny old fuck. Grow a pair and stay on topic next time and I'll maaaaybe wish you a happy Kwanza in 2019.

bork1}

what's all this tomfoolery in here?

I told luke his idea sucked and he got emotional about it. Was pretty weird.

Update: December 11, 2017

Hugh Jackman Says It's Too Late for His Wolverine to Show Up in an AVENGERS Movie

96umSGz.jpg

Hugh Jackman is well aware that Disney is considering purchasing 20th Century Fox's film and TV divisions but it appears as if those recent claims he might return as Wolverine were a tad premature. In the video below, the Australian actor was asked for his thoughts on a potential Avengers/X-Men crossover and while it's clearly made him at least consider coming back to the role one day, he still seems happy to pass on the mantle.

"It’s interesting because for the whole 17 years I kept thinking that would be so great, like I would love to see, particularly, Iron Man and the Hulk and Wolverine together. And every time I saw an Avengers movie I could just see Wolverine in the middle of all of them like punching them all on the head. But it was like, “Oh well, that’s not gonna happen,” and it was interesting just when I first saw that headline — it was just the possibility of it and who knows what’s gonna happen, obviously — I was like, “Hang on!” But I think, unfortunately, the ship has sailed for me, but for someone else I would like to see Wolverine in there."

It's worth noting that the deal hasn't been finalised as of yet and if Marvel Studios President Kevin Feige were to sit down in a room with Jackman, it's feasible he could convince him to come out of retirement. The only problem with that is that Marvel will more than likely want to start from scratch when they bring the X-Men into the Marvel Cinematic Universe, something the actor alludes to here.

Hugh Jackman Weighs In Whether He'll Suit Up As Wolverine To Join a X-Men/Avengers Crossover

@Jopious Extronimous I agree with you and I also prefer they recast Wolverine than have Hugh Jackman (along with the mutant universe) shoehorned in Avengers 4. But I think you overreacted with your interaction with Cool Hand Luke. His "you're awfully negative young man" comment was nothing but playful banter and you responded with your face is stupid, and then things escalated from there. Luke has been been magnanimous and diffused the situation by backing out of the argument twice on his own (other immature posters would have been more combative and would love to have the final word).

How is "your face is stupid" not playful banter?!

Am I in the twilight zone around here or is everyone extra sensitive today? I've attempted to keep it playful the entire time and if you guys can't see that I really don't know what else to say.

Because no one in the MCU has ever heard of mutants, despite rampant mutant discrimination in the Fox universe. They've never heard of that school of mutants who have saved the world multiple times. They've never heard of that guy named Apocalypse who disabled all of the world's nukes and tried to take it over. They've never heard of Magneto. Put some thought into it man. They'd have to reboot the X-Men entirely for that one line to make sense. And if they do reboot they'd have to dedicate an entire movie to explaining wtf mutants are and develop the individual characters, not throw them randomly into the Thanos storyline which they have already completed and already has too many characters.
Sorry to intervene but I think there is multiple ways to introduce them (mutants) to MCU - Wanda erased them from memories of population, multiverse, Strange and Mr. Fantastic make population forget about them (I didn't read comics but wikipedia says that that's how Sentry was introduced/erased in comics).

Punching them all in the head.

How can you not like this guy?

C'mon Feige, make it happen!

And then make an Avengers Forever.

How is "your face is stupid" not playful banter?!

Am I in the twilight zone around here or is everyone extra sensitive today? I've attempted to keep it playful the entire time and if you guys can't see that I really don't know what else to say.
I thought everything in your exchange was playful banter until you said this, "So suck on a turkey leg. And stop being lazy. If I wanted "ur angry" instead of a discussion I'd go find some Mike Perry fans in the heavies to talk to." So clearly things got heated up.

Point out all this "negativity" you delicate little whiner. I said something was stupid and explained why. I hope your holidays suck you whiny old fuck. Grow a pair and stay on topic next time and I'll maaaaybe wish you a happy Kwanza in 2019.

bork1}
Ok, I like you and all but this just earned you a temporary reply ban from this thread. Chill out for a few hours.

That would be sweet to cameo him in to the new Avengers. Not sure how the timeline matches up... but if possible, it would be super cool.

Just a passing cameo reference would be cool like what they did in Days of Future Past where someone tries to recruit him in the bar and he tells them to take a hike.

I hope your holidays suck you whiny old fuck. Grow a pair and stay on topic next time and I'll maaaaybe wish you a happy Kwanza in 2019.

bork1}

I told luke his idea sucked and he got emotional about it. Was pretty weird.

<escalate99>

We deserve better than a cheap thrill as much as it would be nice to have hugh on.

If wolverine does come to MCU. Have someone else whos gonna be in the MCU for a longtime.

Costumes help set the tone of the movie. Color palette does too. Everyone experiences this whether they can properly articulate it or not afterwards.

Spiderman appearing in Civil War was pure fan service and everyone loved it. Did Tony really need to commandeer a teenage boy to fight for him when he had The Vision and Rhodey? No!
The big difference here is this is pretty much the end of the line for this phase of Marvel Movies. DC tried to build a franchise in 3 movies but IW 2 will be Marvel's 22nd movie. So if Wolverine gets portal jumped into IW2 and then portal jumped out of IW2 people will be smiling. It's an easy enough to understand scenario. The people that go "well uhhhh, are there mutants now in this universe?" or "Geeez they should have casted a new Wolverine for that!" are probably no fun people anyway. Universe is ending. Everyone will get re-cast after the re-boot.

The costumes haven't been the issue in the DC movies. Its the rushed pacing, poorly developed characters, nonsensical plot points and cramming too much in at once. Which is exactly what you are proposing.

Spiderman was added to the movie before filming and it was one character. For the third time, Infinity Wars is complete and Avengers 4 has already started filming. They have their story arc and shoehorning in an entire species of human would be utterly disastrous. This is a major development and requires its own movie.

I think you're 100% wrong on the universe ending. Some major characters will probably die but they are going to continue to make these movies in the same established universe.

The people who wouldn't question the whole mutant situation are the same people who loved Batman v. Superman. I'm glad you arent the one in charge.

I can’t believe people are advocating for them to bring in clawman. Honestly, it blows my mind.

The costumes haven't been the issue in the DC movies. Its the rushed pacing, poorly developed characters, nonsensical plot points and cramming too much in at once. Which is exactly what you are proposing.

Spiderman was added to the movie before filming and it was one character. For the third time, Infinity Wars is complete and Avengers 4 has already started filming. They have their story arc and shoehorning in an entire species of human would be utterly disastrous. This is a major development and requires its own movie.

I think you're 100% wrong on the universe ending. Some major characters will probably die but they are going to continue to make these movies in the same established universe.

The people who wouldn't question the whole mutant situation are the same people who loved Batman v. Superman. I'm glad you arent the one in charge.

The DC costumes are ugly. They're overtextured and not nice to look at.

I didn't say shoe horn an entire species. I said throw in 1 character through a portal and then portal him out. Very different. You're trying to complicate things when it can be very simple and make a lot of people happy.

You sound like you're against fun, which is 100% a DC thing.

Sorry to intervene but I think there is multiple ways to introduce them (mutants) to MCU - Wanda erased them from memories of population, multiverse, Strange and Mr. Fantastic make population forget about them (I didn't read comics but wikipedia says that that's how Sentry was introduced/erased in comics).

So Wanda's a villain now and has massive powers not previously established? I'm guessing not.

I'm not saying there's not a way to do it, but it requires its own movie. Not forced last minute into a movie that already has too much going on.

Wolverine showing up in Avengers 4 without any proper explanation or introduction would be fucking dumb.

The DC costumes are ugly. They're overtextured and not nice to look at.

I didn't say shoe horn an entire species. I said throw in 1 character through a portal and then portal him out. Very different. You're trying to complicate things when it can be very simple and make a lot of people happy.

You sound like you're against fun, which is 100% a DC thing.

1 character comes through a random portal for the hell of it. Then what happens? How do they establish mutants, the X-Men, etc. in the Marvel universe? They will have already shown the mutants exist in another dimension so that pigeonholes mutants as being from another dimension. This is extremely short-sighted and Marvel is better than that.

You just want big dumb action pictures.

Why are people concerned with the timeline if wolverine is added to the movie.

That FOX timeline is done and has no bearing on marvel whatsoever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back