Locked AVENGERS: END GAME v.2 (Super Bowl Spot)

[U.S. only!] Predict Avengers: Endgame U.S. box office total after theatrical run

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Any guesses to how this ends? I’m guessing Spidey gets another crack and actually rips off the gauntlet this time, then Cap Marv just has her way after that

Who knows at this point. Not only has there been rumors of reshoots (which were done in January) that people are saying is to remove the significance of Captain Marvels role. Samuel L Jackson just confirmed that he's been going around making shit up about Captain Marvel.

Just saying, after seeing that poll, anyone guessing under a billion should be banned!

Avengers 4 Casting Call Teases Funeral Scene

https://screenrant.com/avengers-4-funeral-scene-casting-call/

Based on a new casting call for Avengers 4, the mourning may soon begin. Central Casting Georgia (via MCU Exchange) has posted a new casting call for the followup to Avengers: Infinity War that calls for "mourners." There is no details on who will be involved with the scene or what exactly will be taking place, but this could very well be an indication that a funeral is set to arrive soon.

Mourners: Looking for men and women over the age of 18, all ethnicities, to portray mourners. Especially looking for good character looks and expressive faces. This will be photo selected by the film’s directors! Size restrictions: Men no larger than 44 coat, women dress size 0-8. FOR NEW FACES ONLY! You cannot have worked on this project previously, or be booked on upcoming days. NO EXCEPTIONS!

The details of these potential mourners are small, so this can not definitively be for a funeral scene. While that remains the most likely possibility, another viable alternative is that people could be mourning the loss of loved ones on the streets around the world in a montage that shows all the destruction that Thanos has done across the globe. There is still not a ton of information available on Avengers 4's plot, but there does appear to be a decent amount of the film taking place on Earth.

That said, if this is a big scene in the movie, then it will surely be for a fallen hero. Who is the unfortunate character to bite the dust is unknown, but if it is a public funeral then it would be for a major star; since the MCU has largely done away with secret identities, it is reasonable to assume that the public would turn out in droves to mourn the loss of an Avenger. Of course, with the movie still years away, it will be quite some time before we learn who these people are mourning.

========================================================================================
THIS IS IT BOYS. BRING THEM TISSUES WITH Y'ALL.

<DCrying>

Motherfucker.

Motherfucker.
I don't think Tony should die. He's constantly upgrading his armor. He needs to play daddy to Peter and if RiRi is introduced in the future, he needs to be her mentor.

Cap, on the other hand, hasn't really upgraded much since his introduction (like Tony, Hulk and Thor have) and we already have two potential replacements for his mantle.

Plus, we can't have more than one boring, bland hero on screen at one time

I don't think Tony should die. He's constantly upgrading his armor. He needs to play daddy to Peter and if RiRi is introduced in the future, he needs to be her mentor.

Cap, on the other hand, hasn't really upgraded much since his introduction (like Tony, Hulk and Thor have) and we already have two potential replacements for his mantle.

Plus, we can't have more than one boring, bland hero on screen at one time

<LikeReally5>

Any guesses to how this ends? I’m guessing Spidey gets another crack and actually rips off the gauntlet this time, then Cap Marv just has her way after that

We've had teases about how powerful Thanos is in the MCU for literally years now and I'm very much hoping that there is an explanation for why he relied on the glove so much last movie that isn't "Well, he's actually just not that tough."

Personally, my pet theory is that the stones are actually an impediment to his natural abilities when he's wearing the glove. We've seen other people literally die from simply touching individual stones so it's conceivable that Thanos is being severely taxed by wearing the glove - so when he takes it off he loses the glove specific powers, but he becomes much more capable. Otherwise, let's face it, he likely would have been beaten handily by Dr. Strange alone in Infinity War and Thanos, without the glove, isn't a match for some individual Avengers let alone the whole team. If any individual Avenger can beat a non-glove using Thanos the years of Marvel building up Thanos as "the most powerful being in the universe" and all that is just more puffing up a weak villain.

If they make Thanos without the glove a can that's some inconsistent characterization. I'm hoping that he's a wrecking machine without the glove as well - though probably in a very different way than with the glove.

Last edited:
We've had teases about how powerful Thanos is in the MCU for literally years now and I'm very much hoping that there is an explanation for why he relied on the glove so much last movie that isn't "Well, he's actually just not that tough."

Personally, my pet theory is that the stones are actually an impediment to his natural abilities when he's wearing the glove. We've seen other people literally die from simply touching individual stones so it's conceivable that Thanos is being severely taxed by wearing the glove - so when he takes it off he loses the glove specific powers, but he becomes much more capable. Otherwise, let's face it, he likely would have been beaten handily by Dr. Strange alone in Infinity War and Thanos, without the glove, isn't a match for some individual Avengers let alone the whole team. If any individual Avenger can beat a non-glove using Thanos the years of Marvel building up Thanos as "the most powerful being in the universe" and all that is just more puffing up a weak villain.

If they make Thanos without the glove a can that's some inconsistent characterization. I'm hoping that he's a wrecking machine without the glove as well - though probably in a very different way than with the glove.
That’s pretty good dude, damn

Captain Marvel currently sits at 83% on Tomatoe (out of 229 "pro" reviews). However it's getting destroyed by users reviews on IMDB.

It,s very early but it look like this could be a polarizing movie a la TLJ

Captain Marvel currently sits at 83% on Tomatoe (out of 229 "pro" reviews). However it's getting destroyed by users reviews on IMDB.

It,s very early but it look like this could be a polarizing movie a la TLJ
Box office is the only thing that matters

That’s pretty good dude, damn
Yeah, I wouldn't hold my breath, but I'm kind of hoping that at some point the glove comes off and everyone thinks he's done for and then he makes some comment about how much of his power was going into controlling the glove and all of the sudden he goes all early Matt Hughes on the team... Thanos has been a very neat character so far but what we need from him is more of that initial treatment of the Hulk - going beast mode and embarrassing powerful heroes to make us really respect the guy. Right now we've seen more of the glove's power than Thanos's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back