Aussie rock appreciation thread

triptych

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Anything OZ rock goes here - past, present or future :).....who's your fav Australian band(s) ?
Here are mine:

Bon Scott AND Brian Johnson era......

A band that most rockers out of OZ don:t know (or overlook), our one and only glam band from the 1970s

Yes, we had our Stooges-oriented band too :)

@triptych I loved that Jet album and listened the hell out of it when it come out mid 00s. Saw them live too which was a fun gig - kinda disappeared shortly after. Wolfmother still around more or less, always liked these guys too.

@ASUThermo cheers for dropping PWD! :cool:
Wolfmother did change OZ rock for the better.. ...listen to the rock band from Melbourne ....Airbourne :) ....live at Wacken

@triptych Nice! Airbourne are always pretty fun too. When I saw them at a festival years ago the singer tried to climb up the stage and having a beer there :D wild!

+ King Gizzard & The Lizard Wizard
+ Pond
+ The Murlocs
Pond and the Murlochs are ok :)

Kim Salmon from The Scientists was my guitar teacher for a while, they had some great tracks

Can't say much for the Scientists, I prefer The Saints to them.....but the other 2 bands up here are hunky dory mate !!!!

There would be NO Aussie rock today without our own master of ceremonies Mr. Johnny O'Keefe .....our own Elvis :)

Back