Atama Mundial Model #9 (White)

did you ever put it in the dryer? or, did you just air/line dry it?

I'm surprised you say how thick and heavy it is.
I have never heard that before.
To put things into perspective, what kind of gis do you have prior experience with?
just summer, lite, or single weaves?

Oh yeah, I was use to the Atama Single Weave gi, that's why. It may not be so noticeable to some, but living in the hot humid state of Mississippi, you can tell!

My friend also purchased an A-2; however, he is about 5' 10 and 185lbs. So far, he has washed his cold and air/line dry only and it has had little to no shrinkage.

I washed mine hot and machine dried it several times until it got to a comfortable size before I began air/line drying it.

Oh yeah, I was use to the Atama Single Weave gi, that's why. It may not be so noticeable to some, but living in the hot humid state of Mississippi, you can tell!

My friend also purchased an A-2; however, he is about 5' 10 and 185lbs. So far, he has washed his cold and air/line dry only and it has had little to no shrinkage.

I washed mine hot and machine dried it several times until it got to a comfortable size before I began air/line drying it.

i have used an atama single weave for 5 years and then moving to a gold weave damn it felt heavy but now the kimono fits great you get used to it

its still lighter than a double weave

It looks like your gi in this review is maybe a little big on you, but it will probably shrink down some more right?

I'm thinking about getting the same gi, but I'm a bit bigger. More like 6'1 and 190. Maybe I should get the a4?

It looks like your gi in this review is maybe a little big on you, but it will probably shrink down some more right?

I'm thinking about getting the same gi, but I'm a bit bigger. More like 6'1 and 190. Maybe I should get the a4?

those pictures were before 5 washes! I should take some new pictures

kimono fits perfectly now except the pants are still alittle baggy than the atama mundial 7's

I have no idea why:icon_sad:

kimono fits perfectly now except the pants are still alittle baggy than the atama mundial 7's

Haha, it's cool I use to think the same thing. For some reason, the gi pants are incredibly big (even for the 'suggested' upper limit weight sizes).

I don't know, but my A-2 pants could probably fit a 38 waist if necessary. But the cords can tie it down to the right size for me (28-30").

Haha, it's cool I use to think the same thing. For some reason, the gi pants are incredibly big (even for the 'suggested' upper limit weight sizes).

I don't know, but my A-2 pants could probably fit a 38 waist if necessary. But the cords can tie it down to the right size for me (28-30").

ATAMA 9 pants are still much bigger than the atama 7 :icon_conf

the 7's were perfect the 9's fit o.k but are too baggy at the back! especially the ass

im plannin on gettin this gi in black in a2 at the end of the week, my only concearn is the length of the skirt, from looking at your pics w/ the m7 comparison it looks like the length shrinks up pretty well..would you mind posting a pic of you wearing the m7 w/ the belt on so i can see where it rests?

much appreciated

i am also 5'11 but i weigh 210 i ordered this in a4 do you think this should be about right? sorry im a newbie around here should ask anyone

Im an athletic 6'2" 200 +/- (fluctuates up and down a little) and I got a Mudial 7 in A-3 fits perfect right out of the box with negligible shrinkage after washing in cold water hang dry. I originally had ordered an A4 and the top was frickin huge so returned it. the pants for the 7 A4 were also a bit baggy and longer than I like so I also liked the A3 pants fit more...

so if these pants for the #9 run bigger, I would be willing to bet an A3 would be good for you...A4 may be too big!

well i ordered big just in case so we will see! i can return either way though so it shouldnt be a problem

I also have Atama *9, fuckin great kimono. Im 6.1 200 lbs and A3 fits me perfect. Its the best one so far,previously had Keiko and Koral.

I'm a little taller than you, but about the same size. I Just got my Mundial 9, and the pants fit me perfect out of the bag. Even if they shrink a tad, they will be good. The top, is a decent bit too big. Hope it shrinks a bit.

I'm a little taller than you, but about the same size. I Just got my Mundial 9, and the pants fit me perfect out of the bag. Even if they shrink a tad, they will be good. The top, is a decent bit too big. Hope it shrinks a bit.

the top shrinks good

shrinks at the arms and the bottom

Tracking info says mine will come today :) I'm excited

i got my mundial today and i got the a4

the pants fit me fine actually a lil baggy but the top looks huge on me idk what to do... try to shrink or send back for an a3

im stoked to get mine, and im actually kinda excited to see how the baggy pants fit me. my wife says i have a phat ass so we'll see how they fit :)

I thought the pants were fine, but my only other gi pants are really baggy. They're a tad longer than I like.

Back