At which point does Size triumph over Skill?

When you’re too big you gas super fast and are clumsy. If the big guy falls it’s over

I don't think he would go down easy, Keith is an old ripper, but I do think a guy Lebron's size connecting with even a few good shots is lights out. Semmy Schilt never had the slickest kickboxing technique, but he put beatdowns on a lot of guys by being extremely efficient with his range and size.
Schilt actually knows how to fight. Lebron is nothing compared to him. Keith would beat Lebron's ass.

Yes.

Keith Hackney is like that dude you fight on the streets in your nightmares that laughs at all your punches,and when you get tired,he's like alright no more mr fuckin nice guy.
Even today I would not want to fight Keith Hackney LMAO

If you don't have any experience fighting you're going to a skilled MMA fighter of any size.
What if we turned it into a hypothetical one year of training before the fight? Is a year long camp enough for LeBron to beat Keith Hackney in a fight?

What if we turned it into a hypothetical one year of training before the fight? Is a year long camp enough for LeBron to beat Keith Hackney in a fight?
This is always going to be a useless argument. Who cares if he trained for a year? Doesnt mean he'd be any good at anything or even can take a punch.

Look at Bautista. He almost lost to a big fat guy.

Just cos someone is big and an athlete,it dont mean worth a damn. Keith hackeny would have destroyed bautsita

There's like a bunch of dudes who are as tall as semmy schilt,and aint none of em have 4 K-1 GP titles.

Its not that fuckin easy.

Depends on the rules. Punishment for timidity hurts the midget fighter like Mouse. The big guy could just take the center of the cage and the little guy loses by staying away or gets punted to the moon when he rushes in. If the big guy is forced to chase the little guy and the little guy is allowed to be elusive, the little guy could eke out a win.

It also depends on the size of the smaller guy and the size discrepancy. A child-sized human like DJ? He dies if the bigger guy is 6ft+. If the guy is only a few inches taller, DJ has a chance. The top of your head being at the chin of a bigger guy is one thing. The top of your head being at the bottom of the bigger guy's chest is another thing entirely. A fat fuck loses except when he accidentally falls on the small guy. A big guy with competent white belt training in a striking and grappling art in decent shape (can jog a couple of miles, do 20+ pushups, do 10+ pullups, etc.) kills a significantly smaller guy the vast majority of the time.

This is always going to be a useless argument. Who cares if he trained for a year? Doesnt mean he'd be any good at anything or even can take a punch.

Look at Bautista. He almost lost to a big fat guy.

Just cos someone is big and an athlete,it dont mean worth a damn. Keith hackeny would have destroyed bautsita

There's like a bunch of dudes who are as tall as semmy schilt,and aint none of em have 4 K-1 GP titles.

Its not that fuckin easy.
I know it ain't easy bud, I'm just wondering if there is a certain point where size just wins.
Alexander Karelin vs Hackney? I think Karelin dumps Keith on his head to death.

I know it ain't easy bud, I'm just wondering if there is a certain point where size just wins.
Alexander Karelin vs Hackney? I think Karelin dumps Keith on his head to death.
I mean havent we already seen that?

There have been open weight fights in MMA before...

Yoshida couldnt do anything against Gardner. All Gardner needed was rudimentary boxing. He was too big for Yoshida to get inside on him.

Darden was a mutant to even be able to walk at that size. Apparently he ran a farm until his 50s so he wasn't a cripple like a lot of the other big guys.

In Finland we had a guy named Väinö Myllyrinne, who was 8'3, the tallest guy ever who could actually move around, play sports and do athletic stuff. He was a boxer and professional wrestler. His hands were absolutely enormous.

QdM7y9Ea08pVtTIBm882CRG6Y18vdV8WWb1ocQvRyI4.jpg

images

Sometimes It’s the motion and the ocean

Yes.

Keith Hackney is like that dude you fight on the streets in your nightmares that laughs at all your punches,and when you get tired,he's like alright no more mr fuckin nice guy.
Seriously, that was one of the first dudes in those early events who was predominantly a striker, but mostly just had that natural ability and mentality for fighting. And he was super strong up top, was built like an upside-down pyramid, super strong in the clinch. He'd box LeBron's ears up, imo.

I think it’s easier to have a size difference for the smaller guys because none of them have any power or strength really anyway. I think maybe the best 125 could last against the top 145 or maybe even an average 155 for 3 rounds without getting knocked out. Once you are with the heavyweight’s it’s different. They might look sloppy when they fight but when you are naturally that big and heavy the power you have is just different. And your chin can handle the shots a little better too. I don’t think any fighter who’s not heavy weight or a big 205 makes it the distance against a heavy weight without getting put to sleep. Remember when stipe fought Maldonado on short notice and just knocked him out with ease in like a minute? Maldonado might have always kind of sucked but he was notoriously durable and nobody ever did that before and I’m not sure if anyone else ever did afterwards

Seriously, that was one of the first dudes in those early events who was predominantly a striker, but mostly just had that natural ability and mentality for fighting. And he was super strong up top, was built like an upside-down pyramid, super strong in the clinch. He'd box LeBron's ears up, imo.
Scott Ferrozo would beat Lebron too

He gave Royce a good scare with those haymakers he was throwing. Bad idea to wear a shirt vs a BJJ guy though.

Darden was a mutant to even be able to walk at that size. Apparently he ran a farm until his 50s so he wasn't a cripple like a lot of the other big guys.

In Finland we had a guy named Väinö Myllyrinne, who was 8'3, the tallest guy ever who could actually move around, play sports and do athletic stuff. He was a boxer and professional wrestler. His hands were absolutely enormous.

QdM7y9Ea08pVtTIBm882CRG6Y18vdV8WWb1ocQvRyI4.jpg

images
Jesus Christ, they really don't make them like they used to. That's what gave me the initial thought in the thread, a guy that size being able to move is impressive, being strong enough to run a farm or athletic enough to wrestle is literal mutant levels. You can't convince me Myllyrinne's mailbox sized fist wouldn't be able to knock someone's block off with one shot connecting.

I don't think he would go down easy, Keith is an old ripper, but I do think a guy Lebron's size connecting with even a few good shots is lights out. Semmy Schilt never had the slickest kickboxing technique, but he put beatdowns on a lot of guys by being extremely efficient with his range and size.

Are we talking about LeBron with training or without training?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Geezo75
Back