At what point does Woodley enter WW goat contention?

He really is going to have to turn it up. Even if he gets 9 title defenses like GSP he won't be GOAT. His first 3 title defense have been snooze fests and not dominating performances like GSP.

Both GSP and Hughes have more defenses (and nore dominant defenses) than The Woodley. Pat Miletich has 4 defenses to Woodley’s two. Robbie has the same number of defenses as him.

This puts Woodley ties for #4 in the UFC. You then have to include the other WW in the discussion like Sakurai. If Woodley can defend 2 more times then that puts him just above Miletich at #3 due to strength of schedule. It is then a long road to surpass Hughes and another long road to pass GSP.

He is the undisputed champion of being boring and unlikable, that's about it imo

he would have to be champ for the next 3 years and have 5 wins in that time before I could even consider him for a single second as being close to GSP.

He would have to fight alot more

Jake Shields is still more accomplished than he is imo

Never. This is Sherdog. He could defend the title 10 more times.

GSP not only has way more title defenses but he avenged both of his losses at WW which gives him a huge leg up over Tyron. Tyron would need to blast Colby , RDA, Till , Usman to be compared to GSP IMO.

He needs to start dominating opponents like GSP did.
Tyrons fights against wonderboy weren't domination.

i know hes still a bit off from beating GSP and Hughes, but lets look at some of his wins.

Carlos Condit
Stephen Thompson
Demian Maia
Kelvin Gastelum
Robbie Lawler
If we're talking about how good the man is at fighting, then he either is already, or he has to train more.

But we probably aren't talking about that.

Being Objective: His biggest wins are Wonderboyx2, Lawler, Fat Kelvin, Maia, Condit. If he beats Colby, and then 2-3 more guys while continuing to call out GSP and having GSP duck him, he'll be the goat WW. I personally don't think this will happen but it could. GSP refusing to fight him weighs a lot in that conversation.

Right about the time I nail Jenifer Aniston

i know hes still a bit off from beating GSP and Hughes, but lets look at some of his wins.

Carlos Condit
Stephen Thompson
Demian Maia
Kelvin Gastelum
Robbie Lawler
He has ONE impressive win, Lawler. Condit got a freak injury, he had a draw and a split decision against Thompson, threw a record low number of strikes on Maia, and another split against Gastelum. Not even close to Hughes, much less GSP.

He'd have to defend as many times as GSP since GSP faced a lot of ATG WW's in their prime. So Woodley doesn't have the "newer, tougher competition as the div is stronger" thing going on, like some champs do. Wonderboy or Colby don't have a win over Hughes, Hendo or Condit like Alves and Shields did.

And then there's Hughes' run to beat first, who stopped GSP, Penn, Sakurai, Newton and Trigg.

Even the fact that people aren't saying what he needs to get into the contention, shows that many are biased with their hatred
Don't you assume like I am that people are considering to far fetched to indulge the TS in his hypothetical?

Ok....he needs 10 title defended to best GSP....forget the others stats blah blah blah....I'll take that as confirmation he is welterweight GOAT...ten title defenses

It’s been almost 2 years since Woodley even fought. He needs to actually fight if he wants to achieve goat status. He should fight GSP

Back