Askren vs Usman Interim Title @UFC 233 Being Discussed

Usman beats the breaks off that nappy headed ho.

So what about Covington who was already the interim champ? This is just getting silly now
If we are playing the guessing game(we are), then I would say that Dana still thinks he can make good money on Colby vs Woodley. He doesn't want to throw the entire potential for that away by Colby potentially losing before they can all come to terms.

Well that or, Dana gonna let Twood and Askren run the WW division all the while holding the division hostage not wanting to fight each other.

Remember when Rashad and Jones were friends and then they werent? Anything can happen in the UFC. When it comes to titles, you can bet your ass guys are gonna take their shot.
They've been friends since they were teenagers, and Askren coaches Woodley. It isn't going to happen. Askren has no real interest in the belt. He feels confident that he can make plenty of money and raise his overall stock with wins over certain fighters. He's also stated that Woodley has been wanting to go up to MW, and there is still the potential of 165 and 175 happening.

They aren't going to fight.

If we are playing the guessing game(we are), then I would say that Dana still thinks he can make good money on Colby vs Woodley. He doesn't want to throw the entire potential for that away by Colby potentially losing before they can all come to terms.
But why strip him? Wouldn't the unification bout generate more interest? Besides wouldn't the new interim champ get first crack at woodley now? Otherwise what's the point of being the interim champ?

Wow most exciting fight ever

Askren’s first fight will be for title? Yikes. UFC is a joke. Hope Askren gets smashed.

Shouldn't even compete in the weight class if he's not willing to accept the fact he might have to fight Woodley. Friends or not, it's sport not a playground.

Or if he's adamant then he shouldn't be allowed to fight for a title, paper or not.
Are you angrer at Askren? You should put the blame on the UFC. They know that Woodley and Askren are not going to fight. They signed Askren knowing this.

And they have been friends since the 90s. They are not jeopardizing their friendship for a job.

Then askren isnt fighting lawler?

Mother of christ, what the fuck is going on over there?

Yes, i can do better for fucks sake. Hire me.

But why strip him? Wouldn't the unification bout generate more interest? Besides wouldn't the new interim champ get first crack at woodley now? Otherwise what's the point of being the interim champ?
There isnt a point, but Askren will not fight Woodley. If they are really gonna go ahead with putting Askren in for the interim, then he would act as like a temp champ, kind of fighting for Woodley in the interim. Then, when Woodley comes back, he'd fight whoever the next contender would be.

I dont think I see Askren beating Usman though, anyway.

Remember when Rashad and Jones were friends and then they werent? Anything can happen in the UFC. When it comes to titles, you can bet your ass guys are gonna take their shot.

Yea but Askren is a good guy and not like Jones. So not the same story.

Are you angrer at Askren? You should put the blame on the UFC. They know that Woodley and Askren are not going to fight. They signed Askren knowing this.

And they have been friends since the 90s. They are not jeopardizing their friendship for a job.
It's shit on all fronts, but then it doesn't mean a lot with Woodley fucking around so much anyway. Too many prima donnas at the moment.

Maybe I missed it: Did Lawler pull out of the UFC 233* fight?

This is gonna be Dana's ultimate revenge against Woodley. Bringing in Tyron's friend of half a lifetime, blinding Ben with lots of zeros and young, tight bodied undercard WMMA fighters and promises of world titles and GSP superfights... Dana is out to destroy Woodley, and he intends to hit him where it hurts, and make it as personal as he can. He only brought in Askren to set in motion his master plan, which was birthed from a late night phone conversation with his close friend, Frank Fertitta.

"I know, Dana. Life has been rough for you since we closed the deal and left. Conor committing acts of terrorism, Jon Jones and PEDs, Jon Jones and PEDs again, Woodley never wants to fight... Hey, Woodley doesn't really even sell. Let's ruin his career. No...not his career, his LIFE. Here's how: Remember that wrestler who fought in Bellator? The one with the silly fucking hair? He wrestled in college with Woodley. They've been friends since they were kids. That guy would sell his soul to fight in the UFC. Make him do it, Dana. Promise him a title shot, a few nights with Paige, and hold that GSP fight over his head and never give it to him. He'll lay and pray Woodley for hours for that GSP fight. Promise it to him, only if he doublecrosses his friend. It'll work, and you'll start feeling like yourself again, bro."

And now, here we are.
Lol. Nice one. Tyron reaping the spoils of talking shit on his boss and playing the race card. Thing is, Tyron HAS been an active champ. Fought #1 contender 3 times, and gave golden boy Till his first loss. Now he's injured, taking time off to heal and has been wishy washy about some fights. Not that big of a deal for some, but if you're Tyron, who has pissed off the boss, it can be made into one. It isn't fair treatment, but Tyron has definitely made his own bed here, now he has to sleep in it. Dana gives zero fucks about trying to hide his animosity towards Tyron also. To Tyron's credit, he just keeps winning.

I can't believe I'm giving credit to Tyron Woodlley, but those W's make this situation kind of funny 'cuz you know Dana wants him assassinated.

Damn!!! That is a good matchup. But.... Usman probably does to Askren what he did to Maia.

This is gonna be Dana's ultimate revenge against Woodley. Bringing in Tyron's friend of half a lifetime, blinding Ben with lots of zeros and young, tight bodied undercard WMMA fighters and promises of world titles and GSP superfights... Dana is out to destroy Woodley, and he intends to hit him where it hurts, and make it as personal as he can. He only brought in Askren to set in motion his master plan, which was birthed from a late night phone conversation with his close friend, Frank Fertitta.

"I know, Dana. Life has been rough for you since we closed the deal and left. Conor committing acts of terrorism, Jon Jones and PEDs, Jon Jones and PEDs again, Woodley never wants to fight... Hey, Woodley doesn't really even sell. Let's ruin his career. No...not his career, his LIFE. Here's how: Remember that wrestler who fought in Bellator? The one with the silly fucking hair? He wrestled in college with Woodley. They've been friends since they were kids. That guy would sell his soul to fight in the UFC. Make him do it, Dana. Promise him a title shot, a few nights with Paige, and hold that GSP fight over his head and never give it to him. He'll lay and pray Woodley for hours for that GSP fight. Promise it to him, only if he doublecrosses his friend. It'll work, and you'll start feeling like yourself again, bro."

And now, here we are.
You'll start feeling like yourself again was especially great

If Askren had problems with Jay Hieron (the best wrestler he's faced so far), Usman may be a really big challenge. The hype train could end...thankfully.

Yea but Askren is a good guy and not like Jones. So not the same story.

Jones wasn't considered a bad guy or heel when he and Rashad were at Jackson's. In fact, his first major incident (DUI) didn't happen until after the Rashad fight.

As for Askren, he's been a Twitter warrior for years. I find him extremely annoying.

Usman deals with Askren pretty easily. He has something near a 100% TDD and is the much better and more powerful striker.

Twoodley is the next goat,
he can beat the mw champion if Askren get the title

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back