Asian American groups protest Trump's stance on DACA and legal immigration

Yeah, it makes you wonder how within a generation or two Koreans in LA, who spoke very little English, managed to flourish while living in the same ghettos as Blacks and Hispanics.

I'm sure those first Koreans were super liberal with their children. I'm sure they didn't attempt to instill those old school values that conservatives preach.

Actually, it doesn't make you wonder any such thing. Mostly because that wondering would have nothing to do with what I typed. I suppose one might wonder it if they didn't read my post or didn't understand it. But it wouldn't be my post that caused such wonderment, it would be better attributed to poor reading comprehension?

This is despicable and a slap to their ancestors face. Their ancestors had to wait years to get them here LEGALLY. They have to past the citizenship test which is incredibly hard for someone who don't even know their ABCs, fill out a bunch of English forms to request their other families to immigrate into the country which takes years if not decades to do.

Now we have these illegal immigrants sneaking their kids in, cutting the lines, making legal immigrants wait even longer. And these descendants of legal immigrants want to fight for line cutters? I'm sure their ancestors are rolling in their graves right now. Why did they wait and work so hard when they can just sneak their kids in?
Many years ago, a PBS documentary on Asians in California mentioned that it was not uncommon for people in the Asian community to bring in family/relatives by claiming they were spouses or immediate family, because US immigration laws placed restrictions on Asian emmigration.

Yeah legal emmigration takes a looooong time. I recall back in the early 90s it was like a 20 year wait for Indians,Pakistanis,Filipinos. You had to prove to the US you had adequate funds such that you wouldn't be a burden. You had to show police reports and medical reports proving you had no serious communicable diseases. This is what I was told by people who emmigrated and have read on forums. A lot of these legal immigrants are none too happy at others jumping the line.

Last edited:
A true conservative would IMO be economically like Eisenhower and socially conservative like the Bushes.

So....Eisenhower? lol

Someone surprising to hear given the progressivity of Eisenhower's income tax policy.

Again, [citation needed]

All the data offered so far seems to point toward you being full of shit and a shameless race commodifier.

EDIT: Also, any time a person refers to Asians as the "most racist" US demographic, it just shoes that they have never met a white man south of the Mason-Dixon.

4a362855a3deab037ad25fb59716af7bc0af9bb3_hq.jpg

There's a reason why Ice Cube made this song

4a362855a3deab037ad25fb59716af7bc0af9bb3_hq.jpg

There's a reason why Ice Cube made this song

because he knew white mainstream culture wouldnt hold him, a black man, accountable for racism against asians or any other group.

when asians go around murdering old black ladies and shop owners the way blacks do asians, let me know. how you can call such a non violent people the most racist when there are other groups taking people's lives because of their race is beyond me.

So....Eisenhower? lol

Someone surprising to hear given the progressivity of Eisenhower's income tax policy.

Fiscal responsibiity is a conservative trait isnt?

He raised taxes to match spending.

Precisely because they have suffered the most against xenophobia that they may want to eradicate it.
Come on man, that is true for some but by no means all or most.

That's true for some, for historically disadvantaged groups. Can't say that is the case for Koreans, Han, upper caste Indians etc..

I think you might be misunderstanding the problem. You're saying the Koreans, Han and upper caste Indians that come here don't want to be around other ethnic groups. The obvious logical gap being that if the immigrants that came here didn't want to be around other ethnic groups...they wouldn't come here or they would come, get their degrees, and go back to homogeneous societies (which many do).

The core problem is that you discussing the positions of people who have chosen extremely divergent life choices as if they are identical in belief system. There is no logical argument to support the belief that the viewpoint of Koreans who leave Korea is identical to the viewpoint of Koreans who do not leave Korea on the issue of immigration. Their actual choices would strongly support the idea that they have different opinions on immigration on at least one, very obvious, basic level, lol.

I am a member of several Vietnamese organizations and charites. My jiu jitsu team is Asian run and manned. I have my ear to the pulse of Asian America.and that pulse is not for open borders.

I can assure you that these multi cultural views are not widely held among Asians. When I go to temple, I hear wide support for Donald Trump when immigration comes up even by people that think he is a buffon and or did not vote for him. Especially those that remember the war. Most Asians are very family oriented which means they stick to their own kind. Most Asians would be more than happy to have more Asians in America as would any rational person but that is it. These groups spring up composed almost exclusively of third and fourth generation Asians far removed from the Great Asian hubs of America i.e. San Jose, Hawaii and Orange County Go down to LA's K town you will not find strong support for this.

GettyImages-493896788-760x506.jpg
Vietnamese Americans are coservative leaning like Cuban Americans so what you say isn't surprising. Maybee the folks at the Temple support Trump because they are mostly Vietnamese American? and or like Trump's stance on Muslims?

You bring up the point that most Asians would be happy to see more Asians in America, and that is exactly what my OP is about. These Asian activist groups are against Trump's plans because it limits Asian emmigration. As you allude to, they only care about getting in more fellow Asians.

This is despicable and a slap to their ancestors face. Their ancestors had to wait years to get them here LEGALLY. They have to past the citizenship test which is incredibly hard for someone who don't even know their ABCs, fill out a bunch of English forms to request their other families to immigrate into the country which takes years if not decades to do.

Now we have these illegal immigrants sneaking their kids in, cutting the lines, making legal immigrants wait even longer. And these descendants of legal immigrants want to fight for line cutters? I'm sure their ancestors are rolling in their graves right now. Why did they wait and work so hard when they can just sneak their kids in?
there are illegal asian immigrants too. I wonder how they would feel about illegals if we annex half of the countries they immigrated from?

My dad's best friend is a Japanese-mexican, whose father had grown in Imperial Japan.

Told me stories about how his dad beat him up and tried to model him on Japanese values and cultures, it didnt worked out, he and my dad ended up as the archetypical rich hippies.

I havent met a single second gen japanese who managed to keep its culture.

That's not exclusive to Japanese. Any 2nd gen whatever will struggle to keep his/her culture unless the family is surrounded by people of their own race (Chinese family living in Chinatown for example). They generally do not know how to read and write the mother language and may barely know how to speak the language. I am first generation but my Chinese is barely good enough to allow me to walk around Hong Kong. I am pretty sure my future kids will barely know any Chinese regardless of whether I marry Chinese or not. Its just natural for anyone to simply adopt the local culture because you are around it 24/7...

I think you might be misunderstanding the problem. You're saying the Koreans, Han and upper caste Indians that come here don't want to be around other ethnic groups. The obvious logical gap being that if the immigrants that came here didn't want to be around other ethnic groups...they wouldn't come here or they would come, get their degrees, and go back to homogeneous societies (which many do).

The core problem is that you discussing the positions of people who have chosen extremely divergent life choices as if they are identical in belief system. There is no logical argument to support the belief that the viewpoint of Koreans who leave Korea is identical to the viewpoint of Koreans who do not leave Korea on the issue of immigration. Their actual choices would strongly support the idea that they have different opinions on immigration on at least one, very obvious, basic level, lol.
No you have misunderstood. You said people coming here were doing so because of a lack of inclusiveness, which could mean they were from underpriviledged groups or they didn't feel their society was inclusive. I said that is not likely a reason for upper caste Hindus, Koreans and Han who are all the dominant groups in their respective homelands.

Many years ago, a PBS documentary on Asians in California mentioned that it was not uncommon for people in the Asian community to bring in family/relatives by claiming they were spouses or immediate family, because US immigration laws placed restrictions on Asian emmigration.

Yeah legal emmigration takes a looooong time. I recall back in the early 90s it was like a 20 year wait for Indians,Pakistanis,Filipinos. You had to prove to the US you had adequate funds such that you wouldn't be a burden. You had to show police reports and medical reports proving you had no serious communicable diseases. This is what I was told by people who emmigrated and have read on forums. A lot of these legal immigrants are none too happy at others jumping the line.

I know about that too. It's called paper sons. That's how a lot of these folks came here in the early days. But they still came here legally, though through some loopholes but still legal and smart. I mean it's not very legal if they get caught but at least they try. It was still a lot of work. They had to memorize a lot of fake family history and pay a shit load of money. It was also harder to come here back in the days with the Chinese Exclusion Act.

Still more legal than these blatant illegals. They not even trying to hide the fact that they're breaking the laws.

The point is, in the eyes of the law, they are legal.
there are illegal asian immigrants too. I wonder how they would feel about illegals if we annex half of the countries they immigrated from?
I don't know how they feel but I think they should go home also. Come here legally like the rest of us. Or try to beat the system legally instead of being so blatantly illegal.

I know about that too. It's called paper sons. That's how a lot of these folks came here in the early days. But they still came here legally, though through some loopholes but still legal and smart. I mean it's not very legal if they get caught but at least they try. It was still a lot of work. They had to memorize a lot of fake family history and pay a shit load of money. It was also harder to come here back in the days with the Chinese Exclusion Act.

Still more legal than these blatant illegals. They not even trying to hide the fact that they're breaking the laws.

The point is, in the eyes of the law, they are legal.
That isn't legal , because they commited fraud.

It's always a fun exercise looking into how so many of these 'anti-racist' organizations come about.

Dat Soros grant money..
Soros may fund some groups but they would exist even if he weren't in the picture. The Asian Americans, Jewish Americans, Muslims, Hindus , Arabs all vote Democratic..and it has nothing to do with any genuine progressive sympathies. You already know this dude.

Soros may fund some groups but they would exist even if he weren't in the picture. The Asian Americans, Jewish Americans, Muslims, Hindus , Arabs all vote Democratic..and it has nothing to do with any genuine progressive sympathies. You already know this dude.

I'm well aware that it isn't about 'progressive sympathies', but many of the identity politics groups are sponsored by the big money players like Soros. They are viewed as 'useful'. They fit into a larger subversion paradigm.

And watch the political jargon they use. They quite often use the same ideological terms, like they are reading from the same book, so to speak.

A lot of that has to do with Trump himself. And that dufus Bush. However South Asians like Pakis, Bangladeshis, Indians vote overwhelmingly democrat. Not surprised. Lots of muslims..they like soft democrats.

East Asians on the other hand tend to vote more republican. According the exit polls 67% of Vietnamese voted for Mccain. The majority of Asians in Louisiana voted for Trump.
According to the Asian American legal Defense and Education Fund, Hillary captured 79% of the Asian vote in 2016.

http://www.npr.org/2017/04/18/52437...ican-vote-than-the-national-exit-polls-showed

Vietnamese Americans are an exception, like Cuban Americans are to Hispanics, in that both vote Republican while the clear majority of Asians and Hispanics vote Democrat.

I'm well aware that it isn't about 'progressive sympathies', but many of the identity groups are sponsored by the big money players like Soros. They are viewed as 'useful'. They fit into a larger subversion paradigm.

And watch the political jargon they use. They quite often use the same ideological terms, like they are reading from the same book, so to speak.
They may be funded by the likes of Soros and Ford foundation but they aren't being used , they are doing it out of self interest and are getting funding from entities like Ford and Soros.

Back