Asian American groups protest Trump's stance on DACA and legal immigration

MicroBrew

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
" The policies they’re fighting are “racist nativist attacks on immigrants,” the groups say. "

“It is important to address all of these issues together because they all stem from deep-seated xenophobia and exclusion,” Janelle Wong, an American studies professor at the University of Maryland (UMD) told HuffPost. She helped organize an anti-racism rally at the school, which included students of a variety of backgrounds and races.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/asian-american-aapiaction_us_59dcd3c6e4b0b34afa5c5930

https://www.yahoo.com/news/m/e396835b-e279-35cd-bb15-f4a103e3f341/ss_asian-americans-hold.html

You know what's interesting is the picture on Yahoo has a protesting group named "SouthEast Asian American march for Equity" . So they are conscious of the fact they are not just Asian Americans, but SouthEast Asian Americans.

Also it is ironic that Asian American groups are opposing Trump for wanting to reduce non-White immigrants, because if America was dominated by Koreans, Chinese,Japanese,Pakistanis or many others, they would never let in different races and in Islam's case they would never let in non-Muslims.

Also it is ironic that Asian American groups are opposing Trump for wanting to reduce non-White immigrants, because if America was dominated by Koreans, Chinese,Japanese,Pakistanis or many others, they would never let in different races and in Islam's case they would never let in non-Muslims.

Not ironic at all. Maybe that lack of inclusiveness is part of why they came here and didn't stay there.

I'm sure this is a completely grass roots effort...

This is despicable and a slap to their ancestors face. Their ancestors had to wait years to get them here LEGALLY. They have to past the citizenship test which is incredibly hard for someone who don't even know their ABCs, fill out a bunch of English forms to request their other families to immigrate into the country which takes years if not decades to do.

Now we have these illegal immigrants sneaking their kids in, cutting the lines, making legal immigrants wait even longer. And these descendants of legal immigrants want to fight for line cutters? I'm sure their ancestors are rolling in their graves right now. Why did they wait and work so hard when they can just sneak their kids in?

Not ironic at all. Maybe that lack of inclusiveness is part of why they came here and didn't stay there.

Or maybe they moved here because it is the greatest county to have ever existed and a land of opportunities, a land liberals hate oh so much.

This is despicable and a slap to their ancestors face. Their ancestors had to wait years to get them here LEGALLY. They have to past the citizenship test which is incredibly hard for someone who don't even know their ABCs, fill out a bunch of English forms to request their other families to immigrate into the country which takes years if not decades to do.

Now we have these illegal immigrants sneaking their kids in, cutting the lines, making legal immigrants wait even longer. And these descendants of legal immigrants want to fight for line cutters? I'm sure their ancestors are rolling in their graves right now. Why did they wait and work so hard when they can just sneak their kids in?

You don't understand immigration or immigration history nearly as well as the actual immigrant community, as evidenced by this uninformed post. You'd have to be a real stupid cunt to think yourself qualified to lecture them on their ancestors in the first place.

Precisely because they have suffered the most against xenophobia that they may want to eradicate it.

I am a member of several Vietnamese organizations and charites. My jiu jitsu team is Asian run and manned. I have my ear to the pulse of Asian America.and that pulse is not for open borders.

I can assure you that these multi cultural views are not widely held among Asians. When I go to temple, I hear wide support for Donald Trump when immigration comes up even by people that think he is a buffon and or did not vote for him. Especially those that remember the war. Most Asians are very family oriented which means they stick to their own kind. Most Asians would be more than happy to have more Asians in America as would any rational person but that is it. These groups spring up composed almost exclusively of third and fourth generation Asians far removed from the Great Asian hubs of America i.e. San Jose, Hawaii and Orange County Go down to LA's K town you will not find strong support for this.

GettyImages-493896788-760x506.jpg

Last edited:
Or maybe they moved here because it is the greatest county to have ever existed and a land of opportunities, a land liberals hate oh so much.

You have to realize that has nothing to do with what I typed or what I responded to, right? You do realize this?

I mean this is a thread about Asian American groups protesting for more immigration. That would suggest that the liberals you claim hate this country are the Asians who are arguing for more immigration and against the conservative President. :eek:

I'm sure that you already realized this...

I'm sure this is a completely grass roots effort...

It's always a fun exercise looking into how so many of these 'anti-racist' organizations come about.

Dat Soros grant money..

Ha! Here in LA the Korean-Americans and Chinese-Americans are mostly conservative.

My gun club is like at least half Asian.

I am a member of several Vietnamese organizations and charites. My jiu jitsu team is Asian run and manned. I have my ear to the pulse of Asian America.and that pulse is not for open borders.

I can assure you that these multi cultural views are not widely held among Asians. When I go to temple, I hear wide support for Donald Trump when immigration comes up even by people that think he is a buffon and or did not vote for him. Especially those that remember the war. Most Asians are very family oriented which means they stick to their own kind. Most Asians would be more than happy to have more Asians in America as would any rational person but that is it. These groups spring up composed almost exclusively of third and fourth generation Asians far removed from the Great Asian hubs of America i.e. San Jose, Hawaii and Orange County Go down to LA's K town you will not find strong support for this.

GettyImages-493896788-760x506.jpg

It's so weird how white guys, particularly Trump supporters, have all these anecdotes about Asian people, Latino people, and black people supporting Trump, yet every objective study finds the opposite.

29% of Asian Americans voted for Trump. So, no, he's not popular with the Asian American community.

Ha! Here in LA the Korean-Americans and Chinese-Americans are mostly conservative.

My gun club is like at least half Asian.

My wife (from South Korea) and most of her family and friends are very conservative politically and socially. They are all doing doing very well in Canada due to working hard and avoiding trouble. They are sick of seeing illegal immigrants and immigrants and refugees from Islamic countries get a free ride in Canada when Koreans had to spend a lot of money and time following the rules in order to become citizens.

My wife (from South Korea) and most of her family and friends are very conservative politically and socially. They are all doing doing very well in Canada due to working hard and avoiding trouble. They are sick of seeing illegal immigrants and immigrants and refugees from Islamic countries get a free ride in Canada when Koreans had to spend a lot of money and time following the rules in order to become citizens.

How am I not shocked that you bought an international wife.

It's so weird how white guys, particularly Trump supporters, have all these anecdotes about Asian people, Latino people, and black people supporting Trump, yet every objective study finds the opposite.

29% of Asian Americans voted for Trump. So, no, he's not popular with the Asian American community.

A lot of that has to do with Trump himself. And that dufus Bush. However South Asians like Pakis, Bangladeshis, Indians vote overwhelmingly democrat. Not surprised. Lots of muslims..they like soft democrats.

East Asians on the other hand tend to vote more republican. According the exit polls 67% of Vietnamese voted for Mccain. The majority of Asians in Louisiana voted for Trump.

Last edited:

The older generation of East Asians are tough conservative people. The next gen is too usually. However, after a while the younger generations become limpwristed like leftist snowflakes.

A lot of that has to do with Trump himself. However South Asians like Pakis, Bangladeshis, Indians vote overwhelmingly democrat. Not surprised.

East Asians tend to vote more republican. According the exit polls 67% of Vietnamese voted for Mccain. The majority of Asians in Louisiana voted for Trump.

LOL at trying to get those moral victories, Trump sucked with Asians simple as that.

Claiming Asia is the big enemy, mocking the Japanese, and outright attacking LEGAL immigration.

A lot of that has to do with Trump himself. And that dufus Bush. However South Asians like Pakis, Bangladeshis, Indians vote overwhelmingly democrat. Not surprised. Lots of muslims..they like soft democrats.

East Asians on the other hand tend to vote more republican. According the exit polls 67% of Vietnamese voted for Mccain. The majority of Asians in Louisiana voted for Trump.

My experience with the East Asian community, which is admittedly limited to affluent immigrants, does not jive. I'm perfectly willing to accept your point if you provide citations.

Back