As a Wanderlei fan.......

silvacas

Blue Belt
Reaction score
I really hate seeing his next opponent being Brian Stann. There's a good chance this could be the Axe Murderers last fight and Id love too see him go out with a win instead of being brutally knocked out again. Not saying Wand will for sure lose, but his chin is a little sensitive these days and Stann hits hard. Hopefully he'll fight with a game plan instead of guns blazing. What do you guys think?

As soon as I saw that announcement I immediately thought :eek: uh oh..

Wand hits just as hard, if not harder than Stann.

He has KO'd, TKO'd, rocked or dropped just about everyone he has every fought.

I think that as well,he has been in so many wars and he never backs down. But if he hurts you first you're in trouble. Wandy isn't the type to take an easy fight as a farewell fight.

Come on dude, look at it like this...

We don't want our hero to just be handed a win.

... and we don't want to see him simply wrestle fucked or grapple/subbed.

So you see, Stann is the perfect match up... he will either pull it off in glorious fashion or go down in epic Wand style!

Wand hits just as hard, if not harder than Stann.

He has KO'd, TKO'd, rocked or dropped just about everyone he has every fought.
I agree but his chin isn't what it used to be. If this matchup was made a few years ago I'd be all for it, but i think its a bad match up for Wand at this stage in his career

I agree but his chin isn't what it used to be. If this matchup was made a few years ago I'd be all for it, but i think its a bad match up for Wand at this stage in his career

Wand is still an X factor in the division.

He beat Cung, who beat Ace.

The fight with Franklin could have easily have been stopped and I don't think anyone would have complained.

He's still a very serious threat and if Stann underestimates Wand, it will likely be a pretty bad night for him, unless he is wildly optimistic.

This is a bad fight for Wand. He wont go down as fast as he did against Leben, but it wont take long....

Wanderlei via KO
Fuck the haters!

Wandy knows he needs to fight smart & pick his moments where he goes ape shit. Stann has horrible TDD so Wand should take him down ala the Hunt fight and beat the shit out of him, going for submissions where possible.
This is a winnable fight for Wanderlei, he just get brawl with a guy like Stann who has the ability to put his lights out.

If Wanderlei wins this would be the perfect time for him to retire.

Finish where your best fighting years took place!

War Wanderlei!!!!!!!!!

personally i think Wand will knock him out, but i see where you're coming from TS, Chris Leben FFS knocked him out

but i think Wand KO's Leben 8/10 times

Wand should be facing Brad Tavares. If Brad wins in impressive fashion they could build him up a little bit because he is only 24.

I guess Wand only wants to face big name guys like Stann. I respect his choice.

Stann is going to KO Wanderlei in the first round.

Why is everyone talking retirement fight? Has Wanderlei said something?

If he wins I really doubt he'll call it a day.

Even if he gets KTFOed again I doubt he'll retire. He said a couple months ago he wanted to break Randy's record of being the oldest fighter to win in the UFC and seemed serious.

I think he'll keep going until someone makes him stop.

You have to look at it as:

1. It's Wand's choice to keep on fighting. And if he's going to keep on fighting he has to fight AT LEAST middle of the pack fighters, which is what Stann is in the MW division.

2. It's not like Stann is some vicious wrecking ball of a fighter that's putting the whole division on blast, or anything... The dude's got holes in his game, and the reality is; If Wand can't beat him, or even worse, get's KO'd by him, then it's probably that last straw for him to know that he simply can't compete with the top fighters anymore.

All that said, I honestly think Wand has a very good chance of beating Stann. And if he loses, I'll have no qualms with him going out with a loss to Stann.

TKOing Lee, then having moments of brilliance against Franklin in front of his home crowd... As a Wand fan, I can live with that. It's a fucking SHIT TON better than going out on a KO to Chris Leben...

After Wanderlei was knocked out by Leben, Dana had the "talk" with him on retirement.
So if Wanderlei would have lost via ko to Le he would have retired. He won & should have won a tko win over Franklin but that's a different story.
So if Stann was to knock him out, Dana will want him to retire.
Thing is fighters like Wanderlei never want to retire so I doubt he will. He did say a few months ago he wants a Chuck Liddell like job with the UFC in Brazil.

Reason for me saying he should retire with a win is because its his return to Japan and why not retire on top with a win in the place you fought your greatest battles and won your biggest achievements.

Won't happen but that would be incredible if it did.

Wand is still an X factor in the division.

He beat Cung, who beat Ace.

The fight with Franklin could have easily have been stopped and I don't think anyone would have complained.

He's still a very serious threat and if Stann underestimates Wand, it will likely be a pretty bad night for him, unless he is wildly optimistic.
True, no doubt he can win, as a fan though I'd rather see him fight someone like Allessio Sakara maybe. We've seen Allessio get ktfo out before, but at the same time he still likes to bang. Stann on the other hand seems to have a pretty sturdy chin and also likes to bang which makes me have flashbacks of the Wand/Leben fight.

Come on dude, look at it like this...

We don't want our hero to just be handed a win.

... and we don't want to see him simply wrestle fucked or grapple/subbed.

So you see, Stann is the perfect match up... he will either pull it off in glorious fashion or go down in epic Wand style!

exactly this! he will either pull it off in glorious fashion or go down in epic Wand style!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mezgomg
Back