Artur Beterbiev vs Isidro Prieto 23/12/2016

Would be a great inside fight against Ward.
Adonis would get KO'd.

Long pointless delay before the main event now. Want this to finish so I can go watch VFC 55 on Fight Pass next.

Like the fighters being brought into the ring, old school feel.

Woof, down goes Prieto.

And it's over, Beterbeast TKO 1.

Keep him busy until Ward decides what to do.
Clev would be a nice scalp in the mean time.

Damn impressive. What impresses me is the power of his short punches, its means he can knock anyone out with the slightest gap in defense. He's also a better finisher than Kovalev, he takes his time and makes every punch a kill shot. If this guys hurts Ward he won't let him back into it the way Kovalev did.

ANd I think he beats Kovalev because he's the first guy Kovalev would face that's stronger than him, and I'm not sure Kovalev can handle that mentally.

Wish I put more on the under 6½! Beterbiev always cashing those under tickets. :)

he beats a durable guy that lasted and won 4 rounds vs a guy rated higher than beterbiev. the punch that ended it was a nothing shot too it looks like a punch with nothing on it and lights out. I know kovalev lovers find a zillion flaws in him though ;)

he beats a durable guy that lasted and won 4 rounds vs a guy rated higher than beterbiev. the punch that ended it was a nothing shot too it looks like a punch with nothing on it and lights out. I know kovalev lovers find a zillion flaws in him though ;)

Yeah, Beterbiev took Campillo out quicker than Kov did. And hurt him significantly more. Campillo later said Beterbiev is without a doubt the harder puncher. Adding all these pieces and how he;s looked I think Beterbiev beats Kov if they hypothetically fought in March, in fact it think he'd stop him around the 9th round. The reason is I think Kov would be too macho for his own good. He can definitely outbox and outpoint Artur if he wanted to but i think he'd be tempted to trade with him at times (he's been the Alpha in every one of his fights). Beterbiev isn't Jean Pascal..... If he tries to bang with Biev, he's toast.

Last edited:
Yeah, Beterbiev took Campillo out quicker than Kov did. And hurt him significantly more. Campillo later said Beterbiev is without a doubt the harder puncher. Adding all these pieces and how he;s looked I think Beterbiev beats Kov if they hypothetically fought in March, in fact it think he'd stop him around the 9th round. The reason is I think Kov would be too macho for his own good. He can definitely outbox and outpoint Artur if he wanted to but i think he'd be tempted to trade with him at times (he's been the Alpha in every one of his fights). Beterbiev isn't Jean Pascal..... If he tries to bang with Biev, he's toast.

actually campillo made it to round 4 with beterbiev and only round 3 with Kovalev. that's kovalev nut huggers main comment when they bring him up.

I don't know about outboxing him though. Kovalev is awful on the inside and I don't think he is as technicaly sound.

actually campillo made it to round 4 with beterbiev and only round 3 with Kovalev. that's kovalev nut huggers main comment when they bring him up.

I don't know about outboxing him though. Kovalev is awful on the inside and I don't think he is as technicaly sound.

No shit....I coulda sworn Beterbiev got him out earlier. Maybe he got the first knock down quicker,

the only reason I say Kov can potentially outbox him is because he does have the reach on him and Kov moves well, so he could take pot shots, and circle the ring. There is a fight style that he can use to overcome Beterbiev but it would require not being himself.

A guy no one has heard of gets badly KOed. What a shocker.

A guy no one has heard of gets badly KOed. What a shocker.

he went the distance and did not look outclassed against eledier alvarez. the win was arguably better than campillo who had already been stopped three times prior

Back