News Arnold Allen vs Giga Chikadze in the works for UFC Manchester, July 20

Who would win this potential fight?

• Total voters
I like Allen a lot, the only way he gets to a title shot (not back, he never made it) is if he gets a really ideal path. Allen stopped developing a few years back unfortunately. He has the cursed "I can only throw off my power side and don't know how to put strikes together" Ala Beneil Dariush and a billion other MMA fighters. It works...until it doesn't, and then the ability to develop fundamentals and deepen your arsenal when you're 30 is basically non existent. So I think he's basically fucked. He really couldn't keep up with Maxes footwork, volume or shot selection, he really just spams left hands and if he puts together multiple punches it's typically a blitz where he got dropped running in with bad footwork by Max.

Hes a limited fighter, the blueprint is out there. Also he has that low volume Tristar style where he can't reliably change gears when he needs to. Also the dudes super injury prone and inactive. Really disappointed with Allen's career and development.
Should have beaten your boy Evloev though if not for corrupt judging.

Should have beaten your boy Evloev though if not for corrupt judging.

Yeah, if the fight wasn't stopped because of those knees, it's very possible. That said, Evloev did outpace and bust up Allen standing for a lot of the fight...who expected that? Allahamdulillah

Back