Arman should be on one of the best streaks in LW history if not for the Gamrot robbery

ExitLUPin

K
@Steel
Reaction score
Since he fought Islam on short notice as a 23yo (winning FOTN in one of the best grappling MMA fights in these last years)

He beat

OAM
Ramos
Frevola
Giagos
Joel
Gamrot (he clearly won 3 rounds, arguably 4 horrible robbery)
Ismagulov
Joaquim
Dariush

That is up there as one of best streaks in LW history IMO of course a horrible robbery soured it

I need to rewatch the Gamrot fight in real time it seemed like a robbery and no not a close fight that could have gone either way but legit blind judges but I could be wrong.

He's on a tear now...only Charles and Islam can give this guy a hard time. I dont think Justin or Dustin are on his level right now (not accomplishments just if they fought today)

Since he fought Islam on short notice as a 23yo (winning FOTN in one of the best grappling MMA fights in these last years)

He beat

OAM
Ramos
Frevola
Giagos
Joel
Ismagulov
Joaquim
Dariush

That is up there as one of best streaks in LW history IMO of course a horrible robbery soured it

I thought he won the Gamrot fight but no way it was a robbery

He beat

OAM
Ramos
Frevola
Giagos
Joel
Ismagulov
Joaquim
Dariush

Joaquim barely got past Clay Guida in 2023.

The rest of the wins are great and I think he just finished Dariush's career sadly.
I agree that he beat Gamrot. It was a perfect example of a close fight with Arman actually attempting fight finishing offence and Gamrot just wrestling.

Reactions: Ruv
i hope he gets the title shot. it's bullshit if they make him fight Oliveira.

why would it be bullshit?
He goes through ex-champ to get to the champ. it's very logical.

not really. Arman is 8-1 and probably should be on a 9-0 win streak right now. Charles is on a 1 fight win streak and that 1 win is vs a guy Arman just destroyed much faster than Oliveira did. Oliveira being a former champion means nothing so i don't see why that is logical. RDA is a former champ too, is Arman supposed to beat him before he fights Islam again?

not really. Arman is 8-1 and probably should be on a 9-0 win streak right now. Charles is on a 1 fight win streak and that 1 win is vs a guy Arman just destroyed much faster than Oliveira did. Oliveira being a former champion means nothing so i don't see why that is logical. RDA is a former champ too, is Arman supposed to beat him before he fights Islam again?
Islam beat 10 guys before he got to the champ, Arman had a loss 3 fights ago. Dariush was on an actual 8 fight unbeaten streak and still had to go through Charles. You trippin.

He beat

OAM
Ramos
Frevola
Giagos
Joel
Ismagulov
Joaquim
Dariush

I definitely felt he defeated Gamrot, but I don't recall it being a robbery. I'll have to rewatch as I may have just been ignoring round by round scoring the first time I watched.

If you have Sal d stands for dumbass amato and Chris Lee as 2/3 of your judges you can pretty much guarantee the decision is gonna be wrong/ controversial. Those guys seriously shouldn’t be allowed to judge

To be honest wins in the first 45 seconds mean a lot less to most people than they do to you.... it could have been luck more than skill.. we know Arman is good but I honestly can't tell from that fight if he is actually better than Beneil other than we know Benny couldn't take that punch at that moment.

Last edited:
nevertheless, light weight division is a shark tank. getting to a title shot is difficult (unless you are favoured) and there are still some dark horses that could go on a long streak.
arman has the potential but like so many othert, he could fall short to get the gold. with benny i knew he didnt have it in him, so glad that arman made a statement so we can forget about benny as a real contender and fast forward arman.

It was a close fight which I think Arman won; primarily because of the effectiveness of his kicks. The grappling was a wash.

Back