Arlovski vs Barnett is UFC Hamburg Main Event (Poll)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Cain's knee will blow out when he tries to squat while Buffer is announcing his name

Cain just sensed his name being typed somewhere on the internet and got a severe concussion

Arlovski could stop him if he is aggressive with his hands. Coming off two KO losses, does he go back to tentative AA though? I could see this fight being a boring slow paced affair. A lot of the fight could take place in the clinch. Barnett has great clinch striking but AA has never been taken advantage of in the clinch really. Whenever his fights get into the clinch he is usually able to avoid being hurt there. AA has virtually no offense inside the clinch but he is very solid there defensively.

hopefully they add gus in the co mainevent

Barnett is too slow for AA. I pick AA by KO/TKO.

Very nice

Josh probably get knocked out but I'm still picking him because I'm loyal like that. Take notes sherdog

as a 12 year arlovski fanboy, i hate to say it, but barnett wins and effectively ends andrei's career. barnett hasn't looked great recently either, so who knows but i just think josh is the tougher man and will pull it out.

on the other hand, it's hard to imagine josh winning on the feet, and andrei has never lost a fight by sub or any other method on the ground so maybe there's hope.

Definitely pulling for Josh. Andrei is certainly faster since unfortunately it seems Josh has lost a lot of his agility (which was how he was able to close the distance so quickly and get a takedown). Clearly Andrei is the better striker & hits harder (& is known to KO people who are tough to finish).

However Josh is notoriously durable and thankfully hasn't taken a ton of damage throughout his career (the same can't be said about Andrei).

Hopefully Josh can clinch up with Andrei and somehow manage to take him down but I'm not confident in this fight for him since he's gotten much slower over the years & especially after getting subbed by fraggin Ben Rothwell. Also Josh seems to be more interested in doing films and various other endeavors so I'm not sure how motivated Josh is anymore unfortunately.

bah Barnett doesnt deserve a mainevent slot.

he didnt even come and fight his last outing, seriously watch it. he did nothing at all.
\
guy isnt even top25 anymore, only hanging on on the name he got off roiding for most of his career.

and this is how he keeps his ranking by fighting other old names so when he loses he isnt effected to much and the sheep think he can still fight.

but he would get beat by almost anyone on the roster now.

Arlovski by just wanting it more and putting in the effort.

What happens to the loser ? How much does this fight matter to you as a fan ?

Its like the UFC cant get out of the HW curse .... If Arlovski gets KO'd again I don't want to see him fight anymore .. just not a good idea health wise .. Barnett I don't know .. just don't really have an opinion on him

Confident in Gustafsson to be announced.

I like AA in this. Has way better boxing and Barnett doesn't have the greatest takedowns.

September 3!

I call AA by UD. If Barnett wins, AA will retire.

I am actually surprised at people rooting for, or calling, AA over Barnett. I would think Barnett was the favourite for this match.
Why would he be?

What a disappointment

Sorry, but it is what it is..... Its a main event fight, Both fighters shouldn't be on the decline

Then again, I wanted Gustafsson vs. OSP for main event so I'm clearly biased
A case can be made that Alex is also on the decline, just mentioning.

Why did it have to be in the north end Germany. ffs

I'm guessing Barnett has more fight IQ and is less KO prone.

Back