Arlovski vs Barnett is UFC Hamburg Main Event (Poll)

Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Awesome fight. Barnett wont let Arlovski stall like he likes to do in alot of his fights. This will be a war.

Yeah action wise I think Josh will likely make sure this is decent, it might feature a lot of dirty boxing against the cage but it won't just be stalling.

Back in Affliction I always tended to favour Arlovski with his takedown defence being strong and him having the power to crack even excellent chins like Barnett. These days though I might favour Josh, he's lost a lot of agility as well but Arlovski back in the day had the potential to shut down his grappling anyway where as now Andrei is significantly slower standing and the striking is more likely to be a battle of attrition which suits Barnett more IMHO.

I'm not sure who to pick here. Very interesting stylistic match up.

This and they are both at the tail end of their career and coming off losses (AA 2 even). It's hard to say in what mindset and shape they will come into the fight.

Last edited:
Got Arlovski. Better striking than Barnett, hard to take down.

ok i like this match up

wonder if josh will be as "fit and in shape" as he was in japan vs royu nersonu

if not, andrei is still very athletic and has power, could cause problems. otherwise its josh barnett via tactics and brutality

I'm just happy to see Arlovski against an opponent who won't rattle his brain.

This times 100

He's got a good fucking shot at winning too. Unless Barnett comes out ultra aggressive in the standup I see Arlovski taking it.

This times 100

He's got a good fucking shot at winning too. Unless Barnett comes out ultra aggressive in the standup I see Arlovski taking it.
There was a guy asking for AA vs JDS lol, Sherdog is full of masochists. I agree I actually like this fight called for it a while back. Good matchup for both, like you I lean towards Arlovski. He's still hard to beat if you don't have one shot power.

I have lost faith in Arlovski. Sadly I feel he should retire, as much as it hurts to say.

Cool fight between legends from the same era. Both former ufc champs. Barnett was one of Pride's top 4 HWs while Arlovski was one of the ufc's top 4 HWs, at the time.

HW is so horrible

this and Werdum vs Rothwell lol
How tall are you and how much do you weigh? Only dudes who are 5'7 and under and 160 lbs and under hate heavyweight. Lil guys get scared of the heavyweights and go take a pee pee break

There was a guy asking for AA vs JDS lol, Sherdog is full of masochists. I agree I actually like this fight called for it a while back. Good matchup for both, like you I lean towards Arlovski. He's still hard to beat if you don't have one shot power.

in that "who's Hunt gonna maybe fight at ufc 200" thread I made, i'm pretty sure Arlovski won if we discount the troll Fedor/Womb Raider options. Jesus Christ why lol

in that "who's Hunt gonna maybe fight at ufc 200" thread I made, i'm pretty sure Arlovski won if we discount the troll Fedor/Womb Raider options. Jesus Christ why lol
Lol oh God. Instead of Buffer announcing Hunt as the winner by KO he'd be playing TAPS on a bugle.

Good fight.

I think AA can pick Barnett apart with crisp boxing and a lot of movement.
I have a feeling Barnett will be eating strawberries.

Good fight, two vets who haven't met. Going with AA, his TDD has been an issue for many and he's the better striker. Barnett is probably the safest pick if you match him up with non-top 10 fighters cuz he takes 'em down and his go-to arm triangle follows. But against good strikers with TDD his record isn't great. That style is his worst match-up. Could go down like Mir/AA.

Back