Arjan Bhullar!

I know refs aren't suppose to pay mind to time left, but stopping a fight for timidity with less than a minute left seems crazy. The cards would have done the job in 50 seconds.
I think it was more about sending a message.

It is subjective who they DQ or yellow card. The org demands constant action though. I suspect the bigger stars or Evolve guys wouldn't be subjected to yellows as hard as Bhullar. The HW division is also a throwaway division for them.

You can look at the way they set up the fights. The heavyweight, LHW or MW belts aren't important to the organization. They don't even have a roster or a rankings for them. They are more interested in showcasing certain faces as the champion of the division. As soon as Christian Lee decided to take a break from his division then the rankings for that division got removed from the site.

Last edited:
Yes, you can dictate how fighters select to fight, that's what rules are.

Yes, ONE wants Arjan to go in there and get knocked out - but Arjan did not even meet them half way. Plenty of fighters get their ass kicked and try to avoid contact in ONE but at least move forward enough to not get 3 yellow cards.

I don't think you're allowed to get 3 yellow cards, so he was DQ'd. I could be wrong about that.
I believe after two yellows the red comes out.

It is subjective who they DQ or yellow card. The org demands constant action though. I suspect the bigger stars or Evolve guys wouldn't be subjected to yellows as hard as Bhullar. The HW division is also a throwaway division for them.

You can look at the way they set up the fights. The heavyweight, LHW or MW belts aren't important to the organization. They don't even have a roster or a rankings for them. They are more interested in showcasing certain faces as the champion of the division. As soon as Christian Lee decided to take a break from the LW division then the rankings for that division got removed from the site.
Very Manlet centric. Imo

What was the most boring ONE fight that never got a yellow card?

There must have been one.

Chatri is just going to feed Arjan to every up and comer until he runs his contract out and they release him. Chatri sounds like the kind of guy that would do that anyway.

You must be part of a union with your let the lazy people be lazy mentality. The punishment was due my friend.

I also prefer the non-union system where only the rich can be lazy.

This also doesn’t work. Because fighting is a whole different beast. You’re asking the guy to be reckless because “Just bleed fuck yeah!” instead of accepting that he, as the fighter, should get to pick his strategy. He wasn’t just standing there. He was clearly trying to avoid getting clobbered, moving backwards (not standing still) and waiting for a spot that never came.

It would have resulted in a decision loss and if ONE want to cut him, that’s fine.

You cannot, in a fight, dictate how the fighter selects to fight.

You can dictate how they fight to a degree with whatever ruleset you use. ONE have theirs that they like, whether we approve of it or not.

I don't consider what Bhullar did enough to be called "fighting", personally, but I do understand your perspective.

Either way, I doubt we'll see Bhulllar in any well known org after this and his last fight.

Not a fan of One Championships' yellow card system.

Remember when Rashid Magomedov and Ali Bagov fought at ACA 141. The bout ended in a no contest due to the president of ACA stopping the bout due to inactivity. It takes two to tangle (When I got in school fights both sides got suspended no matter who started it or who did more damage)... Both were eliminated from the tournament.

When Dana heard he said that is the coolest thing he ever heard and would have liked to do that.

Back