Media Ariel and Chael argument

How does anyone know that the event was a failure? People with no credibility keep acting like they can spin the narrative of this story, but they keep getting proven wrong time and time again, and they refuse to admit fault in their thinking.

They had a sold-out arena of 26,000, which is a few million in gate revenue, which shows that there was demand for this fight.

Where can anybody source the PPV numbers? I bet the international demand to see this fight before and after the event would shock a lot of people.

The event being a failure or not doesn't even matter, the question put forward was did Chael stand by his claim that Francis fumbled the bag and Chael used the event being a failure to move the goal post / spin it.

-Chael is in denial over Ngannou’s purse.
-Ariel hits Chael with facts, Chael counters with “you’re rude.”
-Chael tries to discredit Ariel as a journalist because he’s not a UFC shill.

I thought Chael and Ariel were on good terms but Chael lost his cool along with his fake persona. A part of me still thinks this is fake and both guys are in on it for easy views

Let me just say that Chael has been cruisin for a brusin these past few weeks really hard. He deserved to get destroyed by Ariel for his nonsense latley.

Francis made more in that fight than he would have for his entire ufc contract. He also established himself as a star and can earn future and even bigger paydays. He absolutely took a massive risk and it paid off. It’ll pay off even more if PFL pans out too.

Dana shills - accept you were wrong and move on. Francis is one of the most likeable guys in the sport and he’s doing it on his own terms. There’s no valid reason to hate him.

There’s no valid reason to hate him.
They hate being wrong more than hating Francis,imho.

I like Francis,thought he would get destroyed,and was PLEASANTLY surprised how well he did do. Im proud of him. Some cant think that way.

So what's the purse and what's the dispute?

So what's the purse and what's the dispute?

The dispute is, which purse is most stylish?
611MnVN620L._AC_UL1001.jpg
FrghushWwAE8QZp.jpg:large

It got pretty personal towards the end lol.
I'm a fan of both and hope it's nothing that prevents them from still doing interviews together.
Both are to blame.
ariel set a trap right from the beginning
it was again all about him

They mention a story (from a Chael youtube video) that Chael and Francis nearly threw hands in Dallas.
Someone has a link for that?

Chael by mean streat slam

Well, Ariel is a lot, lot smarter than Chael. And he handily owned him in that argument.

Chael is a great example of how eloquence does not imply intelligence. He is articulate, yet quite stupid.

thankyou-stephencolbert.gif

Been saying this shit for years! Hes just a slick talker but anyone paying a bit of attention to what hes actually saying should realize that the guy is pretty dumb.

God damn, Ariel absolutely destroyed Chael.

ariel set a trap right from the beginning
it was again all about him
It was all about Ariel? lol you didn't watch the video, that's obvious. It was actually all about Francis and Chael being wrong about Francis............

I was sorta predicting that after what Francis did, Ariel would start acting like real fucking winner and the first target was Chael. The MMA hour stream is still going and I only watched bits of it but here are the cliffs.

Ariel starts the interview by telling Chael to apologize and eat crow.
Wants Chael to admit that he was wrong about Francis fumbling the bag.
Chael praises the performance but points out that the event was a loss in terms of finances.
Chael says the PPV bombed. This angers Ariel.
Start arguing about money. Ariel says Francis got 20 million. Chael says 10.
Ariel brags about his 13 trophies of best journalist. <45>
Ariel then brags Francis is going to make double the money in his next boxing match.
Chael rightfully points out the match, heading into the event, had little significance as Uysk was waiting.
Ariel again brags about Francis making 40 million in his next fight.
Then it gets heated. Ariel says he would talk to Chael in person like this. Chael gets mad too and said he'd choke Ariel out. Ariel calls Chael a UFC shill. Chael calls him bitter over UFC.
Interestingly, Chael and Francis almost came to blows in Vegas way back. Too lazy to find that video.
Ariel: Don't be a coward and saw it to my face and grow a fucking pair.
AGAIN brags about Francis making millions.
Chael goes to leave and Ariel starts calling him a weasel, bitch, coward etc etc. Screeches constantly about lying.

LMFAO I bet even Francis wouldn't be defensive about the PPV but damn, Ariel takes every criticism about the whole event as a personal insult.

Nice job. I should add, I think an edit is needed at the end. It was Chael calling Ariel a weasel unless I missed something.

Back