Ari and Joe reminiscing about smoking weed with Jon Jones and JW beginnings

Verace

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
If you want to watch the video/audio (recommended):
https://mmajunkie.com/2018/10/joe-rogan-marijuana-jon-jones-to-jackson-wink-mma-ufc-232

Unfortunately you cant embed media from mmajunkie on sherdog(#1 bullshit) and this is not yet on their youtube channel.

“Early on Jon Jones, he wasn’t anything then – 4-0, maybe, something like that – meeting him, talking about (expletive), and I can talk about this now because it’s no longer a banned substance in the UFC, but talking about weed,” Shaffir recalled. “And he was like, ‘Yeah, let’s smoke, bro.’ He wasn’t anything. He wasn’t anything, and just going like, ‘Who’s got weed?’ And I’m like, ‘Oh, Rogan’s got it, but he’s in his hotel room,’ and texting you … ‘Hey, man, are you up?’ And you’re like, ‘Yeah, I’m kind of tired. I’m going to sleep.’

“It was like, ‘(Expletive), Jon, I think he doesn’t want us up there,’ and then be like, ‘No, no, let’s go. He’s got the weed. Let’s go.’ Because some fan gave it to us, right? You had this (expletive) tinfoil of weed, and just knocking on your door, and you’re like, ‘What?’ You were tired. And it was like, ‘Do you have that weed?'”

From there, according to Shaffir, the conversation went something like this:

Rogan: “Come on. I want to go to sleep.”

Shaffir: “Me and Jon want to smoke.”

Rogan (Opening the door, looking at Shaffir and Jones before letting out a sigh): “Come on in.”

“We all smoked pot in this hotel room in wherever it was,” Shaffir said. “I think Montreal, actually, and it was just a fun time, and then seeing this guy move on to become the baddest mother(expletive) on the planet.”

“We also had a conversation with him about I was wanting him to go to a different camp,” Rogan recalled. “I was like, ‘You’re too good. You should be in a real camp.’ He was like, ‘You really think so?’ I was like, ‘I know so.’

“I go, ‘You only have a certain amount of time in this thing. Your time should be invested with a real coach who’s going to hone your skills. You could be an all-time great, man.’ I remember telling him that. He was like, ‘You really think so?’ I was like, ‘I know so. You’ve really got to move on.'”

<JonesLaugh>

In b4 jones hate

Last edited:
ari shaffir is not funny and rogan pisses his pants every time shaffir ever says anything

Took me thirteen seconds to find this clip.

Shame on you TS, you ignorant slut

Joe doesn't even pretend to care about his job with the UFC anymore lol.

"The UFC was never my friend"

Ari Shaffir is a fucking venereal disease in human form. Why Joe puts up with this guy is beyond me, other than having a few sycophants is good for the ego.

Last edited:

Took me thirteen seconds to find this clip.

Shame on you TS, you ignorant slut

Thank you

tumblr_o4mcc5224E1uihqpao1_500.gif

ari shaffir is not funny and rogan pisses his pants every time shaffir ever says anything
I find most of Joe's comedian friends to but be all that funny. That being said Bert and Tom at least have likable personalities where Ari seems arrogant and just not funny.

I find most of Joe's comedian friends to but be all that funny. That being said Bert and Tom at least have likable personalities where Ari seems arrogant and just not funny.

same

when joe has people on who are actually funny its like he goes out of his way to not laugh, like they are telling a story, cracking up, and joe sits there stony faced.

fukken weirdo tbh

I went to a stand-up show of Aris and to pile on his not funnyness, for some reason he wanted to talk about the plate of nachos we had served to our table.
Ari -What's going on over there?
Room- ( turns and looks at us)
Me- uhh, nothing?
Ari- ya, but what's she doing ?( regarding the server)
Me- uhh, nachos?

It's like he knew he was bombing so he tried getting us to embarrass ourselves. It was definitely not a funny show

I went to a stand-up show of Aris and to pile on his not funnyness, for some reason he wanted to talk about the plate of nachos we had served to our table.
Ari -What's going on over there?
Room- ( turns and looks at us)
Me- uhh, nothing?
Ari- ya, but what's she doing ?( regarding the server)
Me- uhh, nachos?

It's like he knew he was bombing so he tried getting us to embarrass ourselves. It was definitely not a funny show

i bet rogan tells a "really hilarious story" about "the nacho guy"

I absolutely can't stand Ari. Single handedly the worst stand up preforming
a lot of comedians arent naturally funny, thats why they have writers and material for shows. i dont think it would be hard to be a comedian, i mean shit, if russel brand can be one, anyone can

i bet rogan tells a "really hilarious story" about "the nacho guy"
"It's, like this Ari, people are fucked"
You just have to let them know that you know how weird they are and just let them eat nachos"

Joe loves rubbing it in the world's face that he is a free, informal and unprofessional commentator. He never let's the opportunity pass to show us how cool he is, like that weird old ass uncle who still tries to recapture his teen years and talk all hip at family reunions.

Joe is still that over aggressive kid that never really grew up, he just started talking more sophisticated but still has that same immature vulgur prepubescent dick joke level humor that Brendan Schaub shares.

Last edited:
Back