Are you the sweaty guy?? How do you handle it??

Quebec Nick

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
I'm a sweaty guy, the sweatiest one in my gym. If I'm on top, the other guy has drips in his eyes or in his mouth.

For some people it's even a reason to timeout, '' Time!!! shit man I have sweat in my eyes''.

It's not that I'm not in shape, I train everyday, BJJ, kickboxing or jogging. I just sweat a lot.

I have some comments, or maybe ''reactions'' is a better word, about it, as if I have some control about it.

I just wanted to ask how my fellow ''sweaters'' handle it.

Right now I just act as if they didn't say anything because I would never apologize for my body fluids.

Yup I'm the sweaty one. Not fat or out of shape either, 5'8 160 and extremely tone. I just sweat a whole lot very easily and unnaturally smooth/soft skin (gift and curse). There's nothing to really do about it but angle my head so it's not dangling above theirs and dripping lol. Last week I even had somebody accuse me of oiling up before open mat because I was so slick he couldn't control anything and I hadn't even put lotion on, just my sweat lol

Lmao funny ass thread.

I'm a sweaty bastard too.

It's actually a sign of good health.

Never apologize for it.

"It starts dripping into their eyes and mouth from top control". Lmao

how dare your body be efficient with cooling itself!

i'll soak through a double-weave gi in less than an hour at judo. it's been in the 90's here for a solid month, with like 80-90% humidity to boot. it's to the point where we've been asking people to bring in towels to wipe up the mats, and you've gotta be careful during randori not to slip in a puddle.

rash guards and beards kinda help with the dripping, or at the very least soak it up for a bit.

but hey, if you don't like sweaty man-on-man contact, grappling isn't your sport, you know?

I'm sweaty but oddly enough not my arm pits. Anyway I'm careful when drilling to try and keep my head from being directly over the other guys face go avoid the nasty drip of doom.

i mean, if they don't wanna get dripped on they shouldn't be the bottom :D

I am a sweaty dude and I try to wipe my face sweat when i get mount or any form of top control lol.

i mean, if they don't wanna get dripped on they shouldn't be the bottom :D

I'm pretty sure my dripping provoke sweep attempts

I just have to time my counters with my drips to become invincible

I am a sweaty dude and I try to wipe my face sweat when i get mount or any form of top control lol.

I only do that when there's no grip fighting going on, I won't lose a good position for that

how dare your body be efficient with cooling itself!

i'll soak through a double-weave gi in less than an hour at judo. it's been in the 90's here for a solid month, with like 80-90% humidity to boot. it's to the point where we've been asking people to bring in towels to wipe up the mats, and you've gotta be careful during randori not to slip in a puddle.

rash guards and beards kinda help with the dripping, or at the very least soak it up for a bit.

but hey, if you don't like sweaty man-on-man contact, grappling isn't your sport, you know?

With other dudes I just think it's funny, but when I have to roll with girls (because there's not a ton of girls at our club and they also need to roll) or with 12 to 15 years old kids then I feel a little bit more disgusting.

Bring a few gi tops and a towel.

It's summer how the fuck can you not sweat like a stuck pig?...Your instructors don't let you towel off between rolls? Guzzle a gallon of water?

Not sure why you'd be so winded with the Jr league?

Maybe change tops before those rolls?

Bring a few gi tops and a towel.

It's summer how the fuck can you not sweat like a stuck pig?...Your instructors don't let you towel off between rolls? Guzzle a gallon of water?

Not sure why you'd be so winded with the Jr league?

Maybe change tops before those rolls?

The Gi gets wet but it's not the main issue. The bigger problem is my forehead

Yep, maybe I should towel between rounds, seems like I'm stupid enough to never have thought about it. But I'm pretty sure it's gonna be heavy dripping 2 or 3 minutes into the next round.

For the ''winded with the Jr league'', most of the time there's like 1 or 2 kids in the class and we roll with them in turns, so if I just did 2 rounds with adults and then it's the kid's turn, it's gonna be me dripping sweat on a kid.

No matter how good my conditioning I can still basically break a sweat putting on my gi and I'm drenched in the first 30 seconds of warmup. During a 90 minute summer training session I can drink four liters of water between rounds and still have a net fluid loss of 6-8 lbs from when I started. =(

No matter how good my conditioning I can still basically break a sweat putting on my gi and I'm drenched in the first 30 seconds of warmup. =(

This is me. Really started when I hit my late 40s. Noticed it playing basketball.

To be honest, I find it embarrassing.

This is me. Really started when I hit my late 40s. Noticed it playing basketball.

To be honest, I find it embarrassing.
You think its age? Hadn't really thought of that but I look around after training and everyone else look fresh as daisies. I figured it was some abnormality combined with white belt spazzing.

Im a sweaty f4%$^k that trains everyday and I spend half the time during a roll wiping the sweat off my forehead.

When Im in a top position Ill never really be directly of their face.
The Gi is your friend and I use my sleeve constantly.

No gi is a different story, I really need to bring a towel it gets completely out of control on a hot day with a lot of work.

We also have a giant fan that I sit in front of in between round which helps tremendously.

The Gi gets wet but it's not the main issue. The bigger problem is my forehead

Yep, maybe I should towel between rounds, seems like I'm stupid enough to never have thought about it. But I'm pretty sure it's gonna be heavy dripping 2 or 3 minutes into the next round.

For the ''winded with the Jr league'', most of the time there's like 1 or 2 kids in the class and we roll with them in turns, so if I just did 2 rounds with adults and then it's the kid's turn, it's gonna be me dripping sweat on a kid.
Haha, I get it, U r kicking the piss out of each other with the big dogs and U get paired up with a half pint who gives your the " he's yucky" look, Haha!

tenor.gif

Yeah, just excuse yourself, towel down and hey, u did what u could!

No matter how good my conditioning I can still basically break a sweat putting on my gi and I'm drenched in the first 30 seconds of warmup. During a 90 minute summer training session I can drink four liters of water between rounds and still have a net fluid loss of 6-8 lbs from when I started. =(

Im a sweaty f4%$^k that trains everyday and I spend half the time during a roll wiping the sweat off my forehead.

When Im in a top position Ill never really be directly of their face.
The Gi is your friend and I use my sleeve constantly.

No gi is a different story, I really need to bring a towel it gets completely out of control on a hot day with a lot of work.

We also have a giant fan that I sit in front of in between round which helps tremendously.

Maybe heavy sweaters like us should start a movement, something like those bra burning women.

We shouldn't have to change our game because we sweat while doing sports!!!

We are men, we sweat, deal with it !!!

We could do a march, but only on a not too hot breezy day

SubmissionarY said it best.

Thank you Helio for the gi's sleeves. I also like to use a rashguard with the gi so I don't drip as much directly.

Anyhow, when I finish rolling it looks like someone has been mopping the floor. It used to be embarrassing, now I just accept it.

At least we are not the toenails guy.

Back