Are you the sweaty guy?? How do you handle it??

SubmissionarY said it best.

Thank you Helio for the gi's sleeves. I also like to use a rashguard with the gi so I don't drip as much directly.

Anyhow, when I finish rolling it looks like someone has been mopping the floor. It used to be embarrassing, now I just accept it.

At least we are not the toenails guy.

Or the smelly Gi guy, fresh sweat doesn't smell as bad as old sweat.

Thank you Helio for the gi's sleeves.
Kano, just to be precise.

I had that problem in the beginning. Now I do not have to rush when I get top position. With good control there always time to wipe sweat with the sleeve. STFUAT.

great post. i'm a sweaty mess too. I think my professor hates it when i'm the senior student and uses me to teach when he's on the bottom. I drop sweat drops in his mouth when he's talking. I've always been real sweaty and im in good shape too. its like I jumped in a pool and went right to the mat for no gi.

Kano, just to be precise.

I had that problem in the beginning. Now I do not have to rush when I get top position. With good control there always time to wipe sweat with the sleeve. STFUAT.

Helio invented the sleeves just before leverage, brah.

great post. i'm a sweaty mess too. I think my professor hates it when i'm the senior student and uses me to teach when he's on the bottom. I drop sweat drops in his mouth when he's talking. I've always been real sweaty and im in good shape too. its like I jumped in a pool and went right to the mat for no gi.

Lol

I imagine a blackbelt with a strong brazilian accent: '' You put him into your guard, you grip the lapel and *cough* ark yuck...''

I laugh at the misfortune of those who must deal with my sweaty self. It's even better when my hair gets untied and I can put a giant sweaty paint brush in their face.

We should have a contest to see who sweats the most. I can almost guarantee it's me. I start sweating when I am outside in the summer for more than like 30 seconds. After our BJJ warmups I'm pretty much pouring sweet. I sweat a shit load. Like a LOT. No matter what I do I will sweat like a mofo when it's eitehr slightly warm or if I do any sort of physical activity. Shit gets crazy. My rolling partners know it but they don't say anything although sometimes get a drop hits them on the face we both go like LOL but that's about it. Sometimes I will wipe sweat to spare my teammates and it can sometimes lead to me getting swept or losing position. Sweat is everywhere. I'm sweating just typing this. Someone please help

Here's a video my sweaty Sherbros can relate to

Also, because I know I'm a sweaty bastard, I make sure at teh very least I go into practice pretty clean. My gis/clothes are always clean and I make sure to use mouthwash and deodorant and make sure I don't have mudbutt

Yes, I am sweaty. I generally use a low pressure passing style however and it doesn't get in people's eyes as much as it used to.

Long hair is a big problem here. The longer the hair, the bigger issue being the sweaty guy is. Cut that wild mane.

You think its age? Hadn't really thought of that but I look around after training and everyone else look fresh as daisies. I figured it was some abnormality combined with white belt spazzing.

Maybe some kind of weird-ass male-f*cking-menopause is what I've always figured.

Yes, I am sweaty. I generally use a low pressure passing style however and it doesn't get in people's eyes as much as it used to.

Long hair is a big problem here. The longer the hair, the bigger issue being the sweaty guy is. Cut that wild mane.

Ok ok ok wait a minute... What the freeck is a "low pressure passing style"?

<LikeReally5>

The ONLY passing style is pressure. :cool:

Keep your hair short. Bring extra Gi tops if you can, and towel off between rounds. Bonus points if you also zamboni your mat space with a towel after a round.

Ok ok ok wait a minute... What the freeck is a "low pressure passing style"?

<LikeReally5>

The ONLY passing style is pressure. :cool:
Haha terrible wording on my part, well played. I meant I tend to pass LOW (on the knees with head low, although I am working in some more variety these days) while using a HIGH pressure style. Usually over/under, double under, single under, leg lace or some combination thereof - my head is generally not over theirs so my sweat is falling on places other than their face. While breaking closed guard I tend to use an upright posture and push back with knee up the middle etc. I definitely don't use a low-pressure style of passing!

Keep your hair short. Bring extra Gi tops if you can, and towel off between rounds. Bonus points if you also zamboni your mat space with a towel after a round.

Blasphemy, this is all blasphemy! What, I'm not supposed to use my physical gifts when training?! Next thing you know, you'll be telling me not to use my strength, agility, or flexibility when rolling.

Blasphemy, this is all blasphemy! What, I'm not supposed to use my physical gifts when training?! Next thing you know, you'll be telling me not to use my strength, agility, or flexibility when rolling.

Everyone gets sweaty. The problem is if you stink really bad. These days I take a shower before class.

Back