Are you running out of "things to buy?"

WorldofWarcraft

Holy Paladin
Banned
Reaction score
Do you feel like you already have everything you want and you find yourself going to your favorite stores or Amazon, browsing, looking for something to buy? Something that you don't even need?

Consumerism, when you don’t have stuff you want to buy, that it is considered a problem.

I want a lot of things, not because I need them but because it'd fill the empty hole thats called life. I for one cannot wait till Im dead.

There’s plenty of things I could buy, I just don’t. The idea of buying something and using it usually fulfills my desire of wanting something.

The exception to this is when I’ve been drunk and ordered stupid shit online. Fog machines, lawn gnomes, made for tv garbage. Getting packages you don’t remember ordering are fun to open, though.

I need to buy some more sauerkraut, I just finished the jar.

Do you feel like you already have everything you want and you find yourself going to your favorite stores or Amazon, browsing, looking for something to buy? Something that you don't even need?
Nope, I'm not a moron.

I have games I'll never play, clothes I never wear and shit all over the apartment I never use.

I make about 42000 a year not a lot by any stretch but I had some type of an epiphany a month ago. I have everything I've ever wanted that I never had as kid. Zero debt, good savings, consistent rrsp contributions.

I spend most of my weekend scrolling through Netflix spending hours....fucking hours trying to pick something to watch.

We have way to many options...thirty different handcreams. Eating has become purely recreational, I don't buy it.

Last weekend I got rid of almost everything I don't use and fuck does it feel good. If you don't use it...give it away. There more to life then acquiring shit to impress people who you probably don't even care about.

Instead filling that empty hole with fucking lemon meringue pie or a shopping spree for flashy clothes....go for a walk, fuck your wife and play fetch with your dog....I don't know. Enjoy the simpler things.
giphy.gif

There's no shortage of women

Not until my garage looks like this

military-armory.jpg

No but my generation tends more towards experiential purchases over consumables.

That's when you put your money in savings, and wait until something that you want to buy emerges.

There's always something to buy at Costco or Sam's Club.

I pretty rarely buy things I don't need.

My only real casual buys are video games, but I usually look for steam sales, and alcohol.

The one thing I want to buy is a drum kit to start learning the drums.

Back