Are you running out of "things to buy?"

Do you feel like you already have everything you want and you find yourself going to your favorite stores or Amazon, browsing, looking for something to buy? Something that you don't even need?
I currently feel that way, and I welcome it. All I do now is save money. Putting money into my bank account gives me the same satisfaction of what shopping used to do for me. I rather spend my money on trips to Brazil, Japan or Thailand and train in martial arts. Cosumer products gets outdated through out time, but not knowledge or experiences.

I'm just looking to travel as much as possible. I don't care about having a bunch of shit.

I'm just looking to travel as much as possible. I don't care about having a bunch of shit.
Likewise, brother.
Having too much shit makes me feel immobile and unable to explore the world.

There’s plenty of things I could buy, I just don’t. The idea of buying something and using it usually fulfills my desire of wanting something.

The exception to this is when I’ve been drunk and ordered stupid shit online. Fog machines, lawn gnomes, made for tv garbage. Getting packages you don’t remember ordering are fun to open, though.
Drunk ebay-ing is boss

Air conditioner in every room, insta heater for every wash basin, echo dot for every room,smart bulbs for the light fixtures, smart switches into the normal ones that's in this year so far.

Before i just had these things where i needed them, now i have everything i 'need' and am just being redundant.

Whenever I'm bored i go online to buy something and I'm always researching what next to buy.

It's to combat boredom more than anything else.

Buying some new clothes makes you feel good,when you go out with your new shit on. Otherwise I barely ever buy anything nonessential anymore other than music,or replace broken shit.

No. I get terrible buyer’s remorse.

I want to treat myself to a new bass guitar for my 40th birthday in a couple of years. That just means I have two years to talk myself out of it.

No. I get terrible buyer’s remorse.

I want to treat myself to a new bass guitar for my 40th birthday in a couple of years. That just means I have two years to talk myself out of it.

Which one do you have now?

I got a danelectro sparkle bass (discontinued I think) and it sounds and feels like a Fender P-Bass but sounds a little better. I don't really want or need a more expensive one unless I decide I need more than 4 strings some day

Which one do you have now?

I got a danelectro sparkle bass (discontinued I think) and it sounds and feels like a Fender P-Bass but sounds a little better. I don't really want or need a more expensive one unless I decide I need more than 4 strings some day
I have a fender p-bass. I’m thinking about getting either a stingray or a jazz bass.

I have a fender p-bass. I’m thinking about getting either a stingray or a jazz bass.

Not too shabby. P-Bass does it all.

At least you arent thinking of buying one of those custom dealies that's all iridescent shiny like a contest cake, has more strings than a lute and costs as much as a good car. So if you do cave in, you wont be set back much, especially if you buy used

Well, I have all I can afford. And I don't really want anything else, unless I had a shit ton of cash. So I guess, as a middle class guy, there really isn't anything I feel a great need to buy.

If anyone in this thread feels dull because they have more money than they can think of uses for, consider using some of it to help those in need. I'm not talking about meth heads or criminals, I mean like good poor families-- they're everywhere. Maybe pay for an education, etc.

It's not just for them-- you WILL feel a spiritual profoundness that cannot be explained or experienced by most. It's not just a feeling but an actual change and something that lasts forever. Go ahead, try it.

If you don't have money to do this with, you can still use your time and skills to help.

Last edited:
Not too shabby. P-Bass does it all.

At least you arent buying one of those custom dealies that's all iridescent shiny like a concept cake, has more strings than a lute and costs as much as a good car. So if you do cave in, you wont be set back much, especially if you buy used

Lol. I’m nowhere near good enough to warrant one of those. Even if I was, there are just too many things to fiddle with on those custom dealies. 10 different knobs etc. I don’t even use the tone knob on my precision, volume only.

Honestly I'v never been much interested in "lifestyle" consumerism but theres always more in the way of books, films, music, etc to buy and indeed places to visit.

Lol. I’m nowhere near good enough to warrant one of those. Even if I was, there are just too many things to fiddle with on those custom dealies. 10 different knobs etc. I don’t even use the tone knob on my precision, volume only.

I think there are about maybe 20 people total on the earth that ARE good enough to warrant one of those things, but everyone wants to buy one because they're so shiney and expensive. A lot of the people with those are just playing gibberish anyway, doesn't even sound good what they're doing 98% of them

giphy.gif

Where this from?

Already there. Nothing i really want anymore besides investment properties for my kid's futures, and even then it's not a priority.

Back