Are there any divisions without a clear GOAT????

You can’t have a rational discussion with a troll either.
<Wink2>

Usman’s reign consisted of 5 title defenses. 2 of them were against Masvidal, who wasn’t in a position to deserve either of them (he got one by stepping in short notice, then an instant rematch because “UFC reasons”). 2 more were against Colby, who absolutely didn’t deserve the 2nd TS he got. Trying to compare that to GSP’s 9 defense streak of Fitch, BJ Penn, Alves, Hardy, Koscheck, Shields, Condit, Nick Diaz, and Johnny Hendricks is laughable AF. Brendan Schaub doesn’t know wtf he’s talking about. As usual.
He’s a notorious sherdog race baiter

I think BW is the only one where there isn't a solid GOAT, I would say Cruz if you combine his UFC and WEC accomplishments and he has the h2h win against TJ and the fact that he came back from all them injuries is impressive, Aljo doesn't belong in there, 2-0 against Yan, but one was a DQ where he was getting killed and the other was a controversial decision and a win against a one armed TJ

FW- It is clearly Aldo right now, but Volk is catching up to him, 2-3 defenses would put him past Aldo imo

Only BW for me. Aldo still holds his place at FW.

HW is funny because even though Stipe has the most defenses, I don't think he was the best. Would favor Cain over him but he never got his shit together. And that's only UFC, so no counting Fedor.

Khabib is kind of the opposite. I would favor him over anyone, but his resume is thin so wouldn't need much for Islam to challenge him for that status.

Jones, Anderson, GSP and DJ are no discussion.

Last edited:
I think FW and BW are the biggest tossups.

Volk has strength of schedule and dominance on his side. Aldo has longevity and some truly remarkable performances.

BW I think most people consider Cruz the GOAT, but there are arguments to be made for TJ and Aljo.
Aldo competition was waaaaay better.

I agree with BW being the hardest to determine. Cruz literally sat on the sidelines while the division developed over the years. He benefited from not having to fight the contenders while Barao and Faber did it all for him. He ain't no GOAT for me, not even top 3.
Faber twice, TJ, put DJ down a weight class and beat Joe B twice, to me he's the 135 goat

Fine but it's medium. Hard > medium <seedat>
GSP’s resume shits all over Usman’s. Easily.

Not only he knows better than you but more importantly : he's unbiased.
Lol sure. “B-b-but tHe eVoLuTiOn!” Seriously? Like who, career LW Masvidal that’s been around for ages, career LW RDA that’s been around for ages, largely one-dimensional Maia who’s been around for ages, shot Tyron Woodley who was about to retire because he’d been around for ages…
lol just stop.

Yeah, I know he’s just a troll poster and isn’t meant to be taken seriously. Every once in a blue moon I’ll engage with him for fun.

Ok, so you think i see the world through your own eyes ? {<jordan}

Thanks to expose yourself in front of everyone else, now i know what motivates your messages.

Lol sure. “B-b-but tHe eVoLuTiOn!” Seriously? Like who, career LW Masvidal that’s been around for ages, career LW RDA that’s been around for ages, largely one-dimensional Maia who’s been around for ages, shot Tyron Woodley who was about to retire because he’d been around for ages…
lol just stop.

All of them are more competent competition on average than what GSP fought and i'm really serious when i say that. You can call me a troll because you have no argument, i don't care. I'm the only actual rational person. I also genuinely believe that Fedor is an average fighter for today standards. Call that a troll, i don't care.

MMA is a very young sport with a quick evolution, so it's obvious that the competition would be better now. Not only that, but the sport became much more popular today, something that brought even more competion. For instance, some time ago, there was no fighter from Caucasus.

But what's more funny is that you don't even believe your own master : "In terms of accomplishments, it is different. I have done stuff that I believe he didn't do yet... But as painful as it could be for any athlete to admit it, the athletes of today are normally better than the athletes of yesterday. And as good as the athletes of today are, the athletes of tomorrow will be better. That's how it is. I don't think the guys are better, I think the technology is better...You know, I don't care who you are, even if you are Usain Bolt and you beat the world record, in a few years there's another guy who will come and beat your record... of course, time-for-time he didn't win eleven title (fights) but he is raising the bar. If I don't admit that, that means I am insulting the entire UFC roster. That means I am saying that the sport is regressing and that is not true," Georges St-Pierre said.

https://www.sportskeeda.com/mma/new...rre-kamaru-usman-considered-welterweight-goat

He literally said what Schaub said in a more diplomatic way... but other than "lol" and "troll", there's nothing. Always funny to see how some members are delusional here or are fanatics with an emotional attachtement to their favorite fighter.

For instance, i believe Jon Jones is the GOAT, but i'm not a fanboy. Miocic is out of prime, so a win over Miocic would not mean a lot and i have no problem saying that. I also believe Jon Jones is likely a cheater and maybe even ducked Francis, but you're such a fanboy that you can't say anything bad against Fedor.

Last edited:
Back