Are there any ACTUAL Conor fans?

illegalnature

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Sounds odd seeing as how he is pop culture on Sherdog and in person at bars or hooters. He draws in casuals who have no clue who Chuck Liddel is(much less Fedor).

I forgive casuals at bars because I'm just excited to see people come to support MMA whether they like Conor or whoever.

But within educated MMA individuals/communities. I do mean you, Sherdog. Does he have actual educated fans? We see trolls saying he will KO Floyd/Tony within 30 seconds and Conor bless this and that etc. But it's rare you see actual in depth analysis of WHY he would beat Khabib/Ferg/Woodley. I assume it's because any MMA fan knows that is bullshit. Like how I know Reem/mousasi/Fedor aren't the best today and/or never have been, despite being my top 3 favorites.

TL;DR: Does Conor have any actual fans who have been a fan of MMA for 5+ years? Or only casuals/trolls?

Did you crawl out from under a rock?

Oh yeah, and Who the Fook is that guy?

And Fook that guy.

TS thought Conor had no chance against Aldo

Honestly, I've never had so many of my friends talk to me about an MMA fighter until Conor McGregor. I see people who don't even follow MMA posting on their Instagram how Conor McGregor is their hero and such a great influence.

There's a lot of McGregor fans and they need to be eradicated.

Khabib-chat.gif

Last edited:
Honestly, I've never had so many of my friends talk to be about an MMA fighter until Conor McGregor. I see people who don't even follow MMA posting on their Instagram how Conor McGregor is their hero and such a great influence.

There's a lot of McGregor fans and they need to be eradicated.

Khabib-chat.gif

God forbid people become interested in MMA

Known about Conor for about 4 years.

Favorite fighter is GSP.

Was actually a fan of Aldo until all the recent bitching and moaning.

Saw the rise and fall of Chuck Liddell. I actually remember the night where his quest to avenge every loss on his record was put to rest. All he needed to do was beat Rampage and he couldn't. Would have been a hell of a story to look back on. Never saw Liddell fight in Pride but that's around the time I started getting into MMA.

I remember the Fedor comeback against Arlo and his flash KO of Rodgers.

Remember GSP making BJ Penn quit after he said he would kill Georges in the cage.

Just because Conor McGregor is the most interesting thing in MMA today doesn't mean we aren't educated/long time fans. You just can't accept that one can be a McGregor fan and hardcore fan at the same time.

I can't imagine what it would be like to be a McGregor denier at this point lol must really suck.

I knew about Conor before the UFC. I remember reading bleacher report one of those top MMA prospects type articles. He's come a long way since then.

Conor is my favorite fighter. I have not missed one fight (WMMA excluded) in about five years, so I speak with some authority as a fight fan. I think Conor's just great. I don't REALLY have to explain why for you, do I?

I am. Exciting fighter always come to scrap. Finishes nearly every fight. Dude is a pleasure to watch.

Sounds odd seeing as how he is pop culture on Sherdog and in person at bars or hooters. He draws in casuals who have no clue who Chuck Liddel is(much less Fedor).

I forgive casuals at bars because I'm just excited to see people come to support MMA whether they like Conor or whoever.

But within educated MMA individuals/communities. I do mean you, Sherdog. Does he have actual educated fans? We see trolls saying he will KO Floyd/Tony within 30 seconds and Conor bless this and that etc. But it's rare you see actual in depth analysis of WHY he would beat Khabib/Ferg/Woodley. I assume it's because any MMA fan knows that is bullshit. Like how I know Reem/mousasi/Fedor aren't the best today and/or never have been, despite being my top 3 favorites.

TL;DR: Does Conor have any actual fans who have been a fan of MMA for 5+ years? Or only casuals/trolls?

Any MMA fan things it's bullshit that Conor can beat Ferg/Khabib ?

I'd say anyone that pays attention and has been a fan of MMA for more than a few years knows he has a good chance at beating both.

Back