Are Russian drivers really terrible?

ralphc1

Titanium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Any Russians on here? I've been watching videos of Russian driving and a few things seem to stand out.

A lot of cars have cameras as many incidents are shown from several views.

Many people drive way too fast.

The roads seem very slippery or the tires lack grip even in the summer as vehicles start sliding around on open dry roads.

Many vehicles don't have decent brakes.

Is it really this crazy to drive in Russia or are they just isolated incidents?

Apparently they have regular roads and streetlights like most developed countries, but a lot of them don't have the same common sense we have regarding courtesy and patience.

Also their national pasttime is Vodka

Apparently they have regular roads and streetlights like most developed countries, but a lot of them don't have the same common sense we have regarding courtesy and patience.

We have that but I haven't seen it carried to the extremes. Most low priced video cameras make things look farther away than they really are so it seems they drive closer together than it looks.

Russians are right up there along with Asians as some of the worst drivers I've ever seen.

You kind of have to wonder if they are over represented because it seems every single driver has a dash cam so they inevitably have more crashes on video. But then you wonder why do so many drivers have dash cams, is it because they're inherently bad drivers?

And then you see something like this and realize it's likely a bit of both.

Traffic in East Europe is generally terrible. Drivers are always pissed and if you dare to step outside, they will throw down. Some will even shoot you. Many taxi driver carry a gun. Truck drivers too. Taxi drivers have an Alarm button to call other Taxi drivers and then you get gangbanged by all of them.

Many are drunk from early morning and being patient is a non-existing talent in East Europe. You don't start the very moment green turns on? Duuude you are in trouble, everybody will honk at you and if you don't move in next 0.5 seconds someone might smash you from behind. All of you are probably thinking I'm joking about honking but come to East Europe and see for yourself.

Driving in East Europe is a risky business. Better just take a bus or train.

Last edited:
They have nothing on Turkey.

<mma4>

A friend of mine spent time in Romania; she said the preferred parking method of many Romanians was simply to aim the car at something solid and slow down enough not to wreck it.

Asians dont know how to drive. Yes Russians are Asians. #mindblown

Isnt there this movement called stop a douchebag which are people in Russia that violate the traffic laws

In all my time traveling through Europe, only England, France and Germany felt safe. Italy and Greece were terrible as well. Hands down the worst was any country ending in “ia” and Poland. Poland was funny because they literally are the stereotype of every joke you here....wrong way on one ways, reverse down exits etc.

They drive way too fucking fast, is actually terrifying to be a pedestrian there, the cameras are a consequence of too much insurance frauds and they like to fight. Bad for them, hilarious for us.

giphy14c7e.gif

I’ve heard that Russians usually have cameras in their vehicles to prevent things like insurance fraud.

Any Russians on here? I've been watching videos of Russian driving and a few things seem to stand out.

A lot of cars have cameras as many incidents are shown from several views.

Many people drive way too fast.

The roads seem very slippery or the tires lack grip even in the summer as vehicles start sliding around on open dry roads.

Many vehicles don't have decent brakes.

Is it really this crazy to drive in Russia or are they just isolated incidents?

Do you even vodka?

Russians are right up there along with Asians as some of the worst drivers I've ever seen.

You kind of have to wonder if they are over represented because it seems every single driver has a dash cam so they inevitably have more crashes on video. But then you wonder why do so many drivers have dash cams, is it because they're inherently bad drivers?

And then you see something like this and realize it's likely a bit of both.

It's actually because the police are corrupt.

Whenever an accident happens, whoever bribes the officer on scene the most money won't have to pay for full damages.

Dash cams eliminate the "bribe factor" at accident scenes, as they definitively show who was at fault.

It was actually after watching some vids of Russian dash cam footage some years ago that I realized that it wouldn't be a horrible idea to get one of my own. I've owned two different ones, and I feel naked driving without one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back