• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Are Koreans the best Asian fighters?

Because categorizing Koreans, Chinese, Japanese, and other Oriental nations as the same thing is extremely racist. Those are all separate countries with separate culturals.

But Chinese culturals is superior to Korean culturals.

There is no such thing as the best fighting race period.

Fucking retarded, elitist thing to say

Alls I know is that 80s action movies really mislead me about the fighting ability of Asians.

Bro, I know. Thats why i said he is ethnically Korean.

I feel the fight scene and the training styles have more to do with it than race does. Korean fighters are known to go balls out in the gym, and have embraced weight cutting way more than the Japanese scene have, which shows the Korean fighters embracing a more westernized style of training.

Akiyama is a product of Japanese training, although he did get wise and drop a weight class.

Do you think Japanese fighters will make a rise again? It seems like they are good technicians but lack power and streagth.

Fedor-Fujita-1.gif

Fedor-Fujita-2.gif

LOL dude learn about America's ethnic divisions.

Native Hawaiian Polynesian Islanders aren't classified as Asians.

Just wanted to add that America's ethnic divisions are misleading as hell though.
It's looking at ethnicity/race from an America centric perspective ie. Asian supposedly encompassing that huge swath of a hundred or so cultures in the far East.

I feel the fight scene and the training styles have more to do with it than race does. Korean fighters are known to go balls out in the gym, and have embraced weight cutting way more than the Japanese scene have, which shows the Korean fighters embracing a more westernized style of training.

Akiyama is a product of Japanese training, although he did get wise and drop a weight class.
I agree with all of this, but I wasn't talking about training, I was talking about where the Sexy came from.

But back to your point, I believe that is why Asia hasn't made as big a splash in MMA these days. Western fighters cut huge amounts of weight and train with Olympians and BJJ world champs. Asian fighters seem to do most of their training in house. A guy like DHK could go really far if he joined a top team.

LOL at weight cutting holding down JMMA. What a ridiculous myth. Japan is a powerhouse in international wrestling, judo, and boxing. You think they don't know how to cut?

The MMA scene in Japan is dead and has been for years. That is why they aren't producing quality fighters. It has nothing to with a lack of talented Japanese athletes.

I'd say that recently, yes, Korean fighters are more successful on the bigger stages than their Japanese counterparts. This is counter to the Asian scene that for years had (and still has)inexperienced Koreans come in to lose to Japanese standouts to pad their records.

Korean fighters are using western training techniques and using modern weight cutting/and fighting in the right weight class.

LOL at weight cutting holding down JMMA. What a ridiculous myth. Japan is a powerhouse in international wrestling, judo, and boxing. You think they don't know how to cut?

The MMA scene in Japan is dead and has been for years. That is why they aren't producing quality fighters. It has nothing to with a lack of talented Japanese athletes.

Is that why they look so undersized fighting in mma or they get physically overpowered?

One exception doesn't disprove his point. What is Fujita's record nowadays? Also, LOL at your example being a loss.

Korean fighters are using western training techniques and using modern weight cutting/and fighting in the right weight class.

I made a second post along the same lines.

The right weight class = fighting two classes lighter then you are supposed to be

Back