Are kids really getting both physically and mentally weaker every generation?

You can see it by looking at sports. Times that would get you an Olympic gold medal today wouldn't win a high school meet in the 1930s. Every generation gets weaker than the previous one. IQ tests have to be constantly recalibrated because of how much lower the mean is.

Once in a life time you make a good post!

Congrats!

Social media, smartphones and growing up with the internet have absolutely re-shaped modern human behavior.

Thats another beast all together, we have no clue on how smartphones will influence youth. From observing I seem them socializing more online than in real life, to the point of them going out with friends and looking at their phones more than the people they are with.

Radio/TV probably had a similar impact in our lives

But from having kids I don´t think they are dumber or weaker than past generations, I think they are ahead simply because parents actually talk to them, teach words and don´t treat them like monkeys. My father hardly had a talk with me, he was always too busy working, today I see most fathers teaching their kids, my daughter´s vocab is very extensive for her age. I don´t talk down to her, use all the words and what she does not pick up I have the patience to explain, that cultural change probably influences IQ to be higher.

I stand corrected

It's probably similar to the United States in some ways. There are beaches (and gyms for that matter) in the United States where you could visit and leave thinking that Americans are very fit. But those are probably higher class beaches that are frequented by people who take cares of themselves. But if you go to a lower class beach (or cheap gym), you'll see a bunch of obese people.

I also always think it's funny when people in England say that Americans are fat, as if they are not right near the top of the fattest countries on the planet too.

One thing has changed....Kids not playing outside as much....I know this for a fact.

The Apartments where I grew up in, were always full of kids...We use to know kids from other apartments and use to have water gun fights, and do a bunch of shit.

Fast forward 20 years later....Same exact neighborhood demographic with poor immigrants(illegal and legal), and with a bunch of kids(I know because they have too much kid birthday parties)....Rarely do I see kids outside...and when I do, it's usually kids in the same apartment complex, and they mostly play with their own bros.

Seems like kids are just busy all day inside and the neighborhood seems to have lost a sense of community atleast with the kids...don't get me wrong, I grew up in the 90s, and we loved video games,tv,etc but we also loved being outside...Today's kid seem to love being inside more with all the shit they can do.

Now the positive thing about this.....Seems like gangster can't go outside and recruit kids or create impressions on them, which is what they use to do back in the day when I was growing up.

As for what OP is saying...I don't think kids are physically or mentally weaker, but then again I don't really talk to kids so idk...but like everybody has said, the older generation has always compalined about the newer generation...

Having said that...90 kids > 2000 kids, and it aint even close.

Thats another beast all together, we have no clue on how smartphones will influence youth. From observing I seem them socializing more online than in real life, to the point of them going out with friends and looking at their phones more than the people they are with.

But from having kids I don´t think they are dumber or weaker than past generations, I think they are ahead simply because parents actually talk to them, teach words and don´t treat them like monkeys. My father hardly had a talk with me, he was always too busy working, today I see most fathers teaching their kids, my daughter´s vocab is very extensive for her age. I don´t talk down to her, use all the words and what she does not pick up I have the patience to explain, that cultural change probably influences IQ to be higher.

I doubt that Radio/TV had a similar impact on our behaviour. Yes sure, it means that people were better informed and that they spent more time sitting in their living rooms. But people still interacted with each other the same way. As you mentioned, smartphones change interactions between people.

As for the rest of your post, sure I absolutely agree that many things are better nowadays than 30 years ago, and cognitive simulation / IQ might be one of those things.

I think it is unquestionable that today's kids are much softer than 30 years ago, though.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/illimi...terone-replacement-therapy/amp/?source=images

sperm-morphology.png

Wow that is a horrible graph to see, the pussification of men is no joke and it makes you wonder what the source for that is and puts more credence into the Agenda 21 conspiracy. I can definitely notice the lack of testosterone in some of the posters here in the war room.

I saw a Plus clothing size section at a Macey's in New York ..... mind=blown.

Now that the joke is out of the way have you seen the numbers for children sports? That might be a good place to start. I know you don't see kids outside as much on weekends and shit playing in parks plus you see more and more kids glued to their parent's smartphone even when out at restaurants and shit.

The phone and table have taken the place of the babysitter essentially.

I think it's natural for people to idealise their youth, including the negative aspects.
Personally I went to a very old school boarding school as a kid. I'm still shocked to hear kids use adults' first names, let alone interrupt adults without standing at a distance and waiting to be invited to speak, not eating everything on their plate, not asking to leave the table, running around yelling in supermarkets, not saying grace before meals and having devotions afterwards, poor penmanship and lack of letter writing ability, not having their times tables (up to 12x12s) and basic grammar memorised by their second year at school etc etc.
I wouldn't necessarily say that my experience of and preference for more rigidly disciplined behaviour in children indicates that things are in a downwards spiral towards the end of days though. Maybe when I get a bit older...

Hah... not yet. A large part of my job is keeping up with the times technologically anyway, so it may never happen.
I know that if you remove the ridiculous amount of racism of the character that dude is basically my dad right now but he turns 80 in August so I guess it's allowed.

Neither. But they are growing up slower. Old school kids used to have to be much more mature and adult-like much earlier. Kids today have extended childhoods and adolescence. We do things at 20 that we used to do at 13 or 14.

I know that if you remove the ridiculous amount of racism of the character that dude is basically my dad right now but he turns 80 in August so I guess it's allowed.

Yeah, I do wonder if the stereotypes for old age will change drastically for generations that had extended adolescence and lived with such a rapid pace of change.
Even now the stereotypes of retirees who couldn't program their VCR, let alone operate a computer, are drastically outdated.

One thing has changed....Kids not playing outside as much....I know this for a fact.

The Apartments where I grew up in, were always full of kids...We use to know kids from other apartments and use to have water gun fights, and do a bunch of shit.

Fast forward 20 years later....Same exact neighborhood demographic with poor immigrants(illegal and legal), and with a bunch of kids(I know because they have too much kid birthday parties)....Rarely do I see kids outside...and when I do, it's usually kids in the same apartment complex, and they mostly play with their own bros.

Seems like kids are just busy all day inside and the neighborhood seems to have lost a sense of community atleast with the kids...don't get me wrong, I grew up in the 90s, and we loved video games,tv,etc but we also loved being outside...Today's kid seem to love being inside more with all the shit they can do.

Now the positive thing about this.....Seems like gangster can't go outside and recruit kids or create impressions on them, which is what they use to do back in the day when I was growing up.

As for what OP is saying...I don't think kids are physically or mentally weaker, but then again I don't really talk to kids so idk...but like everybody has said, the older generation has always compalined about the newer generation...

Having said that...90 kids > 2000 kids, and it aint even close.

Yea kids staying inside is a thing I've noticed as well. When we had a bad hurricane here that knocked out all the power for days it was crazy hearing kids outside playing. I also grew up in the 80' - 90's and I was a huge gamer but I also loved playing outside too.

They are clearly shittier today than 20 years ago. Sheeit, even 10 years. We're living in the stare at your phone age. It's not their fault, it's the parents' fault. But it's still true.

Its hard to argue that its true, look at sports. We break records all the time, so from an athletic POV we are becoming superior to our ancestors. Or are we? sports science, drugs and special training no doubt has helped break records, and will continue to do so. Records are there to be broken....

The fundamental differences I see are within the general population.

There's far more dumb people
Far more unhealthy people
large chunks of population rely on medical drugs
we've generally become unhealthier as a whole, environmental factors play a large role
our food is in decline
general education is getting worse

However, athletic records will continue to get broken
New noble prizes will be rewarded to people who cure cancer, and other amazing traits
There's too many people, a whole lot of everything.

Grip strength in boys has weaken over time

with all the free blow jobs who can blame them, girls in their late 20s today give far better blowjobs than the woman in my generation. its like they watch xvideos all day.

Back