Are fighters only allowed to drink water when they are inbetween rounds?

In the book "my view from the corner" by Angelo Dundee. He says Sugar Ray drank a mixture of half water, half orange juice with some honey added.

Sugar & caffeine?

NFL drinks gatorade, so let UFC drink it too to prevent pure shit gas out performances.
Yes, but a fight is much shorter, often max 3 rounds, and even if sugar is a fast carb it would not make you recover in that time. Water is better imo.

I play basketball for a city league and I eat frozen yogurt while I'm on the bench. Yeah I'm not that good.

I0MrcC67-2048-1716.jpg
Mmmmm yummy, I would have this during rounds. Tried it for the first time on tuesday and liked it, has a very nice mango taste.

wtf is that, looks awesome.

It yet hasn't arrieve to my country either... I'll travel by bus 1 1/2 hours to try it when it comes to the capital city's Starbucks.

Pretty sure a drink of water during any high intensity type of exercise is only a mental thing anyway. It's not like you're going to rehydrate in that short period of time. Could be wrong though.

Unless it's to do with trying to bring body temp down.

I really think it's more like a mental thing, you can't rehidrate that fast from a single sip; specially after or durning a competition of a couple of minutes. It only works to ease a dry throat.

If it is a rule, it puts Machida at a disadvantage. He should be allowed to drink pee between rounds.

rampage drinks monsters between rds although it just makes him more tired.

Sugar & caffeine?

NFL drinks gatorade, so let UFC drink it too to prevent pure shit gas out performances.
Nah, nfl drinks stuff out of bottles/pitchers etc that say gatorade. Doesn't mean that's what's in there. It's called sponsorship

Just like tennis players at Wimbledon drink from a bottle of Robinsons barley water, but it ain't barley water

Yeah i'm wondering about it too

Like when you see those 5 rounds wars, they should have got some sugary shit the last 2 rounds, instead of just water, no?

I guess this would be the answer, energy drinks usually have caffeine in them and i believe its banned on fight night, is common for soccer players to rehydrate with sugary water mid games.

Back