Are fighters only allowed to drink water when they are inbetween rounds?

I0MrcC67-2048-1716.jpg
Diabeetus

You're not rehydrating shit during a fight though you can quench your thirst. Slightly.

Dudes aren't chugging water because if they get hit and vomit they get TKO'd.

A sugary drink rehydrates quicker and better but anything apart from water is banned so you don't get a dose of a pick me up. Which has happened in boxing.
Wtf smh... sugar slows down hydration .... never too late to pick up a book...

Google Aaron Pryor vs Alexis Aguello you'll see why all bottles should be sealed.

In Nevada pedialyte is allowed in boxing.
Marquez's ko 6 of pac, in fight 4, he was sipping pedialyte tween rounds.

Pac fans accused him, during the fight that it was a ped.
I believe both were on peds, just Marquez hiring memo, upped the ante.

Pretty sure a drink of water during any high intensity type of exercise is only a mental thing anyway. It's not like you're going to rehydrate in that short period of time. Could be wrong though.

Unless it's to do with trying to bring body temp down.

Edit: Never mind, apparently the rule changed

McDonalds,Cola,and colon cleansing between rounds.

Yeah which is why kids in Africa with diahrea that are dying of dehydration get Evain instead of water with glucose.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oral_rehydration_therapy

Sugar and salt increase uptake in the intestines.

Bro.
Lmao you seriously referenced wiki for that? Lmao and really you're comparing some African starving kids when we are talking about athletes ...but anyways, the body breaks down sugar at a slower rate= would waste some of the water in order to break down the sugar...

Why are all the fat people ITT acting like the only drinks besides water are crazy sugary soft drinks and booze lol.

Drinks like Gatorade/pedialyte would probably be better for fighters. Or a mixture of it with water.

Drinking water is sufficient to keep your body hydrated before, during and after a light or moderate exercise session. However, if you are taking part in a high-intensity sport session for an extended period of time or in a high-temperature environment, it is recommended that you drink Gatorade. The carbohydrate in Gatorade can help to replace glycogen that is lost while you are doing vigorous physical activities. The American College of Sports Medicine suggests that you use the carbohydrate replacement in Gatorade an hour or more after you have completed a high intensity physical activity or a low intensity activity that lasts for more than an hour. The best thing to do is to use a combination of water and Gatorade.

Or could they drink like vitamin water or energy drinks (without PEDDS)

don`t know what the rules say about what they can or can not drink in between rounds, but it is a good question.
In cycling they have fast acting gels they gulp down. Only to have rules about eating the last stretch.
In cross country skiing they used a mix of cola and coffee for a long time. I still think they do. etc

If it is allowed to have something besides water to drink in between rounds, id say a lot of of the camps have missed something very important in the research leading up to the fight. I hope only water is allowed...
The alternative is that most camps don`t research whats allowed, which is sad on a professional level.

I expect most camps to be bad with research and stats.

Pretty sure a drink of water during any high intensity type of exercise is only a mental thing anyway. It's not like you're going to rehydrate in that short period of time. Could be wrong though.

Depends what it is. Common easy mix is caffeine tablets, b12 and tramadol dissolved in water. That hits really quick/

In cycling they have fast acting gels they gulp down. Only to have rules about eating the last stretch.

you can eat in the final stages, but you arent allowed to go back to the team car for water or food in the final stages.

but you can take a gel that you already have in your shorts or pocket

In cross country skiing they used a mix of cola and coffee for a long time. I still think they do. etc

Cola, coffee, and.............

Cross country skiing shares a lot of habits with cycling. Cola, Coffee yes, add some painkillers, some b12 and you are closer to whats in the cocktail.

Years back they were using pot-belge (as were cyclists)

Coffee, Brandy, Amphetamines

If you really go back you will ffind pot-belge made of coffee, brandy, cocaine, heroine and amphets :D

Last edited:
http://boxing.nv.gov/faq/sections/Event_Questions/

"...Examples of electrolyte drinks that have been approved include Pedialyte, Vitaminwater, Smartwater, Option, Gatorade, Powerade and Propel. Energy drinks and soft drinks are not allowed in the corner."

I guess MMA falls under this? Not sure. This is for NSAC.

Depends what it is. Common easy mix is caffeine tablets, b12 and tramadol dissolved in water. That hits really quick/

you can eat in the final stages, but you arent allowed to go back to the team car for water or food in the final stages.

but you can take a gel that you already have in your shorts or pocket

Cola, coffee, and.............

Cross country skiing shares a lot of habits with cycling. Cola, Coffee yes, add some painkillers, some b12 and you are closer to whats in the cocktail.

Years back they were using pot-belge (as were cyclists)

Coffee, Brandy, Amphetamines

If you really go back you will ffind pot-belge made of coffee, brandy, cocaine, heroine and amphets :D
Also strychnine (though that was injected)

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2008/may/30/drugsinsport.olympicgames

While Lorz had used a car as a quick fix, Hicks had used, well, a quick fix. His trainer afterwards admitted they had decided "to inject him with a milligram of sulphate of strychnine and to make him drink a large glass brimming with brandy". Hicks then "set off again as best he could". But one hit was not enough. ''He needed another injection four miles from the end to give him a semblance of speed and to get him to the finish.''

How bout some Absinthe?
tumblr_nh5zhtFfnx1tjtlg9o1_500.gif

I'd use a combination of water, electrolytes, and BCAAs.

Back